Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Volunteers

Remove this Banner Ad

It actually sets out in the information pamphlet with your appointment date and time what it will cover.

However, it's a big general.

Did you mean expanding on what's displayed in the content of pamphlet ?

ben.carbonaro said:
It actually sets out in the information pamphlet with your appointment date and time what it will cover.

However, it's a big general.

Did you mean expanding on what's displayed in the content of pamphlet ?

Yep, there's not too much information in it. Just basically says that there will be an information briefing, a small group activity and a one-on-one interview.

I reckon it can only help when you are going to an interview or an assessment session like this to get a bit of information on what to expect.

sainter said:
Yep, there's not too much information in it. Just basically says that there will be an information briefing, a small group activity and a one-on-one interview.

I reckon it can only help when you are going to an interview or an assessment session like this to get a bit of information on what to expect.

Yeah, true so all of us with interview in March can read up ir get some ideas with regards to what sort of content will be presented to us.

Were you a deaflympics volunteer as well ?

I had my assesment session on the monday and baisically you watch a commercial on the volunteer program and go to have your group activity or one on one interveiw.It isnt that bad and takes just under an hour to complete and after that you have to wait at least three weeks or more to see if you get through to the next round.You also have the option to either take your own photo(for acrediation pass) or they will take one for you when you arrive.Good luck to everyone thats had their assessment or havng their assessment in the next few weeks.

I had mine today, went alright enjoyed it although was a bit wierd during the group activity with several people looking at all of us then taking notes. It looked like something out of a mental health laboratory.

They told us we have to wait up to 12 weeks to hear if we have made it through or not.

My assessment session isn't for another couple of weeks and that was the earliest available timeslot so it doesn't surprise me that you have to wait so long to find out if you have made it to the next stage.

Good luck to both of you and anyone else that has applied.

Ben, Just to let you know. I will know in Middle of July if I have been selected to score at the Commonwealth Games. My mum had a phone interview late last week and will have a second (face to face)interview on Wednesday April 4

MRobbo said:
Ben, Just to let you know. I will know in Middle of July if I have been selected to score at the Commonwealth Games. My mum had a phone interview late last week and will have a second (face to face)interview on Wednesday April 4

Thanks Robbo, please send my regards and good luck to your mum.

I've had my assessment now. It seemed to go OK. I just hope the woman watching us in the group activity didn't mark me down for rather forcefully insisting that synchronised swimming was not included in the 15 events. :D

My Mum has just received a letter to say that she has been accepted as a volunteer for the Commonwealth Games. She will know more later.

That's great news Robbo, she obviously has waited less than I have. We were told to wait up up to 14 weeks to hear anything from them about how our interviews and group assesments went.

Hope all goes well and I become a volunteer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Received my letter yesterday telling me I am now a provisonal volunteer, as yet have to have completed training and everything else involved in the process.

Really excited and looking forward to next year.

ben.carbonaro said:
Why, being a volunteer as such a major event is something you might only get to don once in your own life.

I like you cos your funny!

I had my interview 2 1/2 weeks ago and received a letter after a week saying I had made it as a provisional volunteer.

I'm getting married in January, so I don't know what's going to happen with that and the volunteering..but I guess I'll find out later in the year.

That's pretty awesome, I wonder how come it took a shorter amount of time to process your application and other things from your interview ?

Are you a volunteering genius or something ?

ben.carbonaro said:
That's pretty awesome, I wonder how come it took a shorter amount of time to process your application and other things from your interview ?

I'm not actually sure.

I only applied for Technology roles. I got this phone call about 3 weeks ago asking if I was interested in doing Events Management / Ceremonies. So I went along anyway and had the 1 on 1 interview and the group thing with the cards of events and got the letter a week later.

I am world renowned as a bullsheet artist, so that may have helped as well.

ben.carbonaro said:

I just got a phone call. I'm going to be a volunteer. I'm so happy. That's super duper.

ben.carbonaro said:
Yeah, I got my letter a few weeks ago.

Going to be working in transport again, working with the buses same as what I did with the Deaflympics.

I love volunteering. It's going to be so much fun!

Yeah, it's going to be heaps of fun really looking forward to it.

Meeting a lot of new people and making friends is great, also collecting badges from different countries is pretty cool as well.

ben.carbonaro said:
Yeah, it's going to be heaps of fun really looking forward to it.

Meeting a lot of new people and making friends is great, also collecting badges from different countries is pretty cool as well.

Yeah, collecting badges is cool. I have 27 from the Sydney Games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back