Bumped Metal Mick

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah seen Mick exiting the ground after the game last night, first time I've seen him in atleast 2 years. Last time I seen him I was on high st Preston and he was walking past so I yelled out go kangas and his reactions always bring a smile. Was good to see him last night belting out the theme song.

Yeah seen Mick exiting the ground after the game last night, first time I've seen him in atleast 2 years. Last time I seen him I was on high st Preston and he was walking past so I yelled out go kangas and his reactions always bring a smile. Was good to see him last night belting out the theme song.

Yeah, saw him wondering around Docklands about 10pm Sunday night still as happy as Harry. I dare say he must've had today off work.

Has become an icon of our supporter base in the last two weeks after some airtime during the Geelong game.

Have great memories of him since McAdam's 10 goal haul against Sydney at Princes Park.

Love that he has stuck by the tried and true goal celebration of raising the arms, rotating like a giant fan and putting more S's on Rooooossssssssssssssssss than I thought possible with the human tongue.

Posted about Mick after the Cats game when he made the TV. ..one of those blokes i have seen everywhere at games for yonks but didn't know about until he popped up on the telecast.

Who remembers the lady in the 90's on Friday nights? She became an icon in that era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted about Mick after the Cats game when he made the TV. ..one of those blokes i have seen everywhere at games for yonks but didn't know about until he popped up on the telecast.

Who remembers the lady in the 90's on Friday nights? She became an icon in that era.

Adrianna is her name. Mad as a hatter. Was always there with her husband quitely sitting in the background and her 2 daughters.

Has become an icon of our supporter base in the last two weeks after some airtime during the Geelong game.

Have great memories of him since McAdam's 10 goal haul against Sydney at Princes Park.

Love that he has stuck by the tried and true goal celebration of raising the arms, rotating like a giant fan and putting more S's on Rooooossssssssssssssssss than I thought possible with the human tongue.
Is that the Orange haired middle aged guy that giving the fists up with his guts hanging out??

He got some serious air time during the Essendon final win, with the camera zooming in on his arm raised celebration for 10 seconds. I used to love sitting in the cheer squad with him when I was a kid, he was hilarious to watch and very friendly. Glad to see that he has managed to stay out of the joint also.

Special mention to our old mate "Tattoo Goatee" who also enjoyed some airtime last week calling the umpire a "c***" for missing a free kick.

He was sitting down in front of me....saw him go off at that at the time. ..nek morning he is on replay...lol

Those daughters wernt too shabby from memory.......they'd be mid 40's now I'd say.

I know one of the daughters and they're still as passionate as ever. They were up in Sydney for the prelim last year too. Their mum doesn't make it to games anymore due to age and the difficulties associated but she remains as keen a supporter as ever. Oh and yep, the daughters are still honeys (with kids of their own in tow nowadays).

As for Metal Mick, Garry Lyon has a bet with Sam Newman that North will win this Saturday night. Newman believes the 400th will prove a distraction and we'll be toppled by Brissie. If North win Sammy has to sit at Etihad alongside Metal Mick at the Carlton game next week holding a sign which reads "I was wrong!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back