Metal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mastadon has 3 singers and they chop and change depending on the song. So the drummer and guitarist might sing. Never seen that before with 3.

I do like multiple vocalists in bands. It’s an interesting concept having 2 opposed voices.

My favourite is probably tim williams from vision of disorder, with special guest phil anselmo on by the river. Phil’s voice suits it really well. Hardcore though.

Sevendust do something similar. Lajon is the main singer and then the drummer and guitarist add a lot of back ups.

Tonight i live streamed the phillip anselmo and the illegals play vulgar display of power. Was pretty damn good. Surprisingly didnt play any songs from cowboys though. Plenty of songs from the last 4 albums though.

Tonight i live streamed the phillip anselmo and the illegals play vulgar display of power. Was pretty damn good. Surprisingly didnt play any songs from cowboys though. Plenty of songs from the last 4 albums though.
Cool. Will try and give that a watch.
Listening to a few Phil interviews in the last few years he doesn’t consider Pantera starting till Vulgar.

They always regarded Cowboys as their first true album, so that is kind of odd him saying that.
It’s actually my fav Pantera albums. The rest sound over compressed. Still good but the sound on cowboys breaths, if that makes sense? I just finished the Sevendust live feed for seasons. Those boys write some great songs.

It’s actually my fav Pantera albums. The rest sound over compressed. Still good but the sound on cowboys breaths, if that makes sense? I just finished the Sevendust live feed for seasons. Those boys write some great songs.
They have recently released a remastered Reinventing the steel album with Terry Date doing the remix for the 20th Anniversary. It actually adds a different vibe to it. Hard to describe it though. A more metallic edge? I'd say they will probably do more remixed stuff in future. Seems like the in thing atm.

Domination is an absolute ball tearer. One of their best songs.

They have recently released a remastered Reinventing the steel album with Terry Date doing the remix for the 20th Anniversary. It actually adds a different vibe to it. Hard to describe it though. A more metallic edge? I'd say they will probably do more remixed stuff in future. Seems like the in thing atm.

I’ve heard some of that on YouTube and it sounds so much better. I’d pick up a copy if it wasn’t $60...

They always regarded Cowboys as their first true album, so that is kind of odd him saying that.
Yeah heard him say it a couple of times.
Guess on Cowboys they were still getting the tail end of the glam stuff out of the system I suppose.
Heard him say they didn't become a proper band till Dime met Kerry King too.
I sort of understand it TBH.

They actually recorded RTS on dat tape. Dunno why? Probs save some cash.

Yeah heard him say it a couple of times.
Guess on Cowboys they were still getting the tail end of the glam stuff out of the system I suppose.
Heard him say they didn't become a proper band till Dime met Kerry King too.
I sort of understand it TBH.
Yeah Phil was still doing some of the high vocals in some songs. That was all gone by Vulgar.

Guitarist out of Iced Earth got busted at the Trump break in. He's in big trouble.

Looks like old mate Jon Schaffer has plead guilty. He's one of them 'Oath Keepers' to boot!

ICED EARTH guitarist Jon Schaffer has pleaded guilty for his role in the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. As part of the plea deal, he has entered into a co-operation agreement with the government.

Although Schaffer was initially charged with six crimes, including engaging in an act of physical violence and targeting police with bear spray, he pleaded guilty to only two charges: obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress; and trespassing on restricted grounds of the Capitol while armed with a deadly or dangerous weapon. The first charge is punishable by up to 20 years in prison, while the second carries up to a 10-year prison term.

According to CNN, prosecutors and Schaffer's attorneys agreed to recommend that he get between three and a half and four and a half years in prison, based on how fruitful his co-operation is with the government.

During today's hearing, a federal judge asked Schaffer if he understood he was "giving up" his "right to be presumed innocent," according to WUSA9. Schaffer said he understood and agreed.

"Are you pleading guilty, Mr. Schaffer, because you are in fact guilty, sir?" U.S. District Court Judge Amit P. Mehta asked.

"Yes, sir," Schaffer said...

...In his plea agreement, Schaffer acknowledged he is a founding lifetime member of the Oath Keepers, a large but loosely organized collection of individuals, some of whom are associated with militias...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like old mate Jon Schaffer has plead guilty. He's one of them 'Oath Keepers' to boot!
Funny thing is the chapter he said he was associated with denied he was a member.

So not sure what the deal is. They are going to make examples of these people though. But the security opened the doors for them and let them in. He was just stupid enough to have bear spray on him which is illegal to carry.

I meant to say they had 2 singers in 2 separate eras.
Usually when bands change singers you like one more than the other.
But they're both equally good.
Yeah Mastodon! 3 singers at the same time. They all good too. It really works.

I'll raise you Killer Be Killed.

3 vocalists that are completely different and all sing together.

Funny thing is the chapter he said he was associated with denied he was a member.

So not sure what the deal is. They are going to make examples of these people though. But the security opened the doors for them and let them in. He was just stupid enough to have bear spray on him which is illegal to carry.

I'd imagine that bear spray stuff is like pepper spray on steroids. I think an adult grizzly or a brown bear would weigh as much as the average family car and that spray clears them right out. You could imagine what it might be like on humans!

I'd imagine that bear spray stuff is like pepper spray on steroids. I think an adult grizzly or a brown bear would weigh as much as the average family car and that spray clears them right out. You could imagine what it might be like on humans!
Yeah it’s supposed to be really powerful pepper spray. Would have a real kick to it if it can work on a bear.

Some bands I have in rotation, various sub genres of metal....not in any order.....

The 3rd and the Mortal (first ep, & first album)
My Dying Bride
Paradise Lost
Opeth
Behemoth
Dark Throne
Abbath (solo albums)
Empyrium
Belakor
Estatic Fear
Saturnus
Insomnium
Trees of Eternity
Swallow the Sun
Demon
Venom
Ne Obliviscaris
Katatonia
Dio
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Cannibal Corpse

Last edited:
Some bands I have in rotation, various sub genres of metal....not in any order.....

The 3rd and the Mortal (first ep, & first album)
My Dying Bride
Paradise Lost
Opeth
Behemoth
Dark Throne
Abbath (solo albums)
Empyrium
Belakor
Estatic Fear
Saturnus
Insomnium
Trees of Eternity
Swallow the Sun
Demon
Venom
Ne Obliviscaris
Katatonia
Dio
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Cannibal Corpse
Been getting back into Cannibal Corpse a fair bit lately

Their new album Violence Unimagined is awesome.
Yeah my mate played me that. Thats why I started listening to them again. Sounds great.
Yeah man I like some of those bands. The last 4. And Opeth.
Listened to Darkthrone a bit when I was younger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back