Recommitted Michael Hurley?

Remove this Banner Ad

For Essendon fans - Good result. They want this list intact for some reason. Going back to the footy with a clean side and just enjoying wins with a relatively competitive side will be a breath of fresh air and enjoyable for most Bomber fans.

For Essendon haters - Good result. We want this list intact because it is going nowhere now. Time came and went. Now they're stuck with their elite talent way too widely spread, or left. The last thing i wanted was for Bombers to get 5 Top 10 picks in 2 years.

For Doggies fans - Bad result. A big blow. Hurley could have been the last piece of a Premiership puzzle. On the plus side, they still have other options over this and the next couple years. Time is on their side.

For Essendon fans - Good result. They want this list intact for some reason. Going back to the footy with a clean side and just enjoying wins with a relatively competitive side will be a breath of fresh air and enjoyable for most Bomber fans.

For Essendon haters - Good result. We want this list intact because it is going nowhere now. Time came and went. Now they're stuck with their elite talent way too widely spread, or left. The last thing i wanted was for Bombers to get 5 Top 10 picks in 2 years.

For Doggies fans - Bad result. A big blow. Hurley could have been the last piece of a Premiership puzzle. On the plus side, they still have other options over this and the next couple years. Time is on their side.
jeez I dunno Tel. We'll see about the "going nowhere" thing.

Magical pick 1 incoming, remember?

Will be having a tanty of epic proportions somewhere.

JKHTl.gif

Ha, 2 top 5 pics last year
Number 1 this year
Laverde after Boekhurst

we are fine but thanks for your thoughts Terry:D

Yep good effort by Essendon, we would have loved him in Bulldogs colours as you can never have too many A graders in the side.
We would still have to work on our forward structure too before we're real challengers though (Boyd will be our only fit KPF next year!)

At least we know we have cash set aside for an acquisition is someone decent becomes available.

Still wasn't incorrect... If he "decided" to leave... Which he didn't...
Was simply saying that he won't get to another club without a trade.
yeah, it was just funny you said it 2mins after his staying put was announced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this year hasn't been that bad. 2015 was a much harder watch with players who were clearly suffering emotionally.
It was a little strange going to games you knew you were going to lose, yet still being ok with the result.
I went to a lot of Carlton and Melbourne games while they were going through some dark periods and it felt different for us this year. probably the prospect of getting 10-12 afl standard players back to support what as a good team at times lacking some experience and skill.

jeez I dunno Tel. We'll see about the "going nowhere" thing.

Magical pick 1 incoming, remember?

Yeah, i know.

Francis, Parish, and 4 more Top 10 picks over next 2 years would have been scary on top of Joe and Zac and maybe Laverde, Fantasia, Tippa and Langford.

Stuck in North and Tiger territory i reckon now. Not gonna make the pointy end but will give fans a lot of pleasure.

Not a bad result after all the saga for Bomber fans to keep the gang intact, but as a Bomber hater who wants you to stay on 16 for as long as possible(God knows my boys will need time to get to 17 lol), i have long stated i reckon this is the dream result.

Everyone's happy...except Dogs fans maybe....but hey they're way happier than the both of our mobs anyway.

Always thought he'd stay although I must admit, my heart sank when I saw the news.

Like most others here, generally when news in the AFL breaks we tend to think of how it affects our clubs first and foremost.

After dealing with that disappointment, I then realised how much his signature meant and how it would put many smiles on red and black faces.

Congratulations on a wonderful retention job Essendon, you've done very well so far.

Yep good effort by Essendon, we would have loved him in Bulldogs colours as you can never have too many A graders in the side.
We would still have to work on our forward structure too before we're real challengers though (Boyd will be our only fit KPF next year!)

At least we know we have cash set aside for an acquisition is someone decent becomes available.
Crameri is a forward no? Oh, that's right, he went to footscray for midfield minute$$$

Crameri is a forward no? Oh, that's right, he went to footscray for midfield minute$$$
Plays mid/forward - won our goal-kicking award in his first year, arguably played much better as a high half forward in 2015 where he averaged more goals and possessions.
We definitely need a link player like him but our forwardline needs a lot of work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back