Miscellaneous Sports 2021 off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Team

After a good suggestion, we’ve decided to move all non-AFL threads to the old and dusty “Purple Horde” sub thread. The hope is it has the following effects
A) Keeps them easily available but still out of sight
B) Encourages the use of the sub-forums like they are meant to be used for and brings a bit more organisation to the forum
C) While I love how passionate everyone is on the topics and that there is terrific debate on the topics, moderating the politics thread can get... tiresome. I’ll be letting things go a bit more, however personal attacks will not be tolerated and I encourage you to report them in any shape or form.

As usual, reach out to BeinPurplenGreen, myself and Tonga Bob to discuss anything as needed. Thanks for making the forum what it is.

Last edited:
Ross probably adapted his saying from olden-days American football coach Lou Holtz who is credited with coining “You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose.”
IIRC he did credit some American football coach at the time he said it. Obviously this bloke.

Sublime form. Just reminding everyone that he deserves to be talked about alongside Smith, Kohli and Williamson.
That's the thing though, last 3 tests aside he really didn't. Was averaging 15 less than Smith so comparing them would be like saying Watson is in Border's class.

He definitely should be on talent though so good to see him putting it together. He is great to watch when he is doing it to another team.

Really odd decision to let them bat first. Never fun chasing under pressure in a final.

Times like this I'd love to be able to look at a parallel universe and see what Vince would have scored if he'd come in satisfied with a century last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sydney BBL cricket captain is aptly named, Noses o_O :cool:

Really got to question why we tried to get too cute by sending them in first. We won a streak of games batting first then tried to change it up last game of the season only to lose.

Somehow we then decided it would be a good idea to repeat the experiment in the final... why? Did we overthink it with the threat of possible rain and the benefit of batting second with D/L?

This is on Turner wins the toss and bowls first in a final, then fails the bowl Ahmed out who was our best bowler on the night, instead bowls a part timer in Livingston for two who along with Hardie got absolutely carted.

Credit to the Sixers - too good. We did well to get into the GF but I felt we lost our chance of winning the tournament when we totally ****ed up the toss decision in the semi final, and ironically that decision lived on to affect our decision tonight so it got us twice.

Do not understand the logic of Turner choosing to bowl first. Scorchers are a defending side, not a chasing side. I said that in the last game of the season, they were beaten and they tried it again now.
Note to Team: Runs on the board. Defend.

I would have. It didn’t come off. But when the weight of results shows one thing, and then you do it both ways and lose both, why wouldn’t you go back to the one that has been your most successful method to date?
It was definitely a factor, plus they could have batted, bowled and fielded better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back