Mitch Clark has retired from AFL football

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to him. Melbourne have time to hunt down some potential forwards now (draft and/or recruit).

Really feel for the Dees, last of the big coups Schwab pulled off in AFL. May his influence never grace this sport again.

Hope Clark can deal with what is troubling him.

Lost a real talent from the game today, but for the best I think...for both Clark and Melbourne. Clark isn't going to be able to concentrate on his health with a huge contract and will he/won't he scenario, and Melbourne/Roos wouldn't be able to pinpoint their future without a commitment from Clark either way.

All the best for the future to Clark.

Big loss and another top draft pick down the drain for Melbourne. The next three players selected after were Taylor Adams, Devon Smith and Brandon Ellis.

If Melbourne could have predicted he would break his foot badly and get mental health issues, then yeah sure what a waste...take the cape off captain hindsight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been suffering depression for the last 12 months, and is unable to commit to the AFL on a full time basis.
Good luck to the bloke, know from first hand experience that s**t can get real low with the Black Dog on your back.

Good luck to him. Melbourne have time to hunt down some potential forwards now (draft and/or recruit).

Hulk-Hogan-Wallpaper-0102.jpg

Disappointing for both parties. What happens with the big chunk of his contract left to run? Pay out?

Jesus...that's a bigger surprise more than N. Ablett.

Good luck to him. I follow him on Twitter and it seems he has devoted a lot of time and energy into photography during his injury interrupted years. I hope it can help him overcome this illness.

Devastated as a Melbourne supporter and football fan. He was electric when he got on the park.

However the man needs to do the best thing for himself, his health, and his life are more important than football. All the best to Mitch. Wish him success in whatever path he chooses to take in the future.

Hopefully this allows him to work through his issues a little better. Whilst quitting or changing work in these situations quite often doesn't actually improve anything, it's still something that has to be done in case it does. Obviously I'm over-generalising though and have no idea about the specifics of his situation. Hopefully it works out for the best.

Feel for him, primarily. Things must be bad if he's chosen to retire. I know from experience with family members just how debilitating an illness depression truly is.

Also feel for the Dees.

Good luck to Mitch, let's hope his life post-football gets back on track and that he can get on top of this nasty disease.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back