mmm Sat: Shifter adds to debate

Remove this Banner Ad

sportz1

Senior List
Apr 18, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Shifter has added another dimension to the top three by stating on MMM radio that Tyrone Vickery is worth consideration for the no 1 spot or at least in the top three.

Shifter has added another dimension to the top three by stating on MMM radio that Tyrone Vickery is worth consideration for the no 1 spot or at least in the top three.

thats complete stupidity from a pretty experienced man in this caper hell be lucky for top 10

Nothing stupid about it at all.

I would be suprised if he slipped outside of the top 10.

What is it about him that you don't rate for him to be a top 10 pick?

He did nothing to impress me at championships other then the stat that says hes 200 cm tall ..Maybe saying that he wont go top 10 was wrong but in my opinion i wouldnt take him in the top 10 at all but im sure some clubs will be looking for a tall guy they can work with a bit.Definately number 1 pick is rediculous thats my opinion though.

He did nothing to impress me at championships other then the stat that says hes 200 cm tall ..Maybe saying that he wont go top 10 was wrong but in my opinion i wouldnt take him in the top 10 at all but im sure some clubs will be looking for a tall guy they can work with a bit.Definately number 1 pick is rediculous thats my opinion though.

I don't think he will be a #1 pick either but he certainly has a lot going for him and i don't know how he couldn't of impressed you in the champs.

What more could he possibly of done.

Anyway, each to their own.

Keep quiet Shifter! I'm still praying for the miracle of Vickery sliding to Geelong's first round pick!!!!:(

.....and yes I know I'm deluded.

Look for Port to snap him up if Nic Nat is gone by the time they pick.
That's what I'm hearing too.
1. Watts - Demons
2. Rich/Naitanui - Eagles
3. Naitanui/Rich - Dockers
4. Vickery - Port
5. Hurley - Essendon
6. Hartlett/Ziebell - Carlton

That would be sweet. :eek:

Richmond might be a tad annoyed if Vickery is snapped up early.

They need a young ruckman to replace Simmonds more than they need an inside midfielder IMO.

Win-win if Vickery goes to Port...

Would the Bombers be interested in Vickery?

There isn't alot of love for Laycock on their board.

1. Watts - Demons
4. Vickery - Port
5. Hurley - Essendon

They need a young ruckman to replace Simmonds more than they need an inside midfielder IMO.

Sounds about right. Aslong as West Coast take big Nic Nat. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably will.

And you guys will get Watts.

Rich will go #1.

Doubt very much we would take Watts.

Just on Rich, i just watched a bit of the game from the Under 18's championships. **** hes lazy, when eh deosnt have the footy he couldnt care less about whats happening around him.

1. Watts - Demons
4. Vickery - Port
5. Hurley - Essendon

now what if vickery Did go #1 as shifter suggested .That would very interesting

Vickery #1 melb
Watts #2 west coast
Nata #3 Freo
rich #4 Port
Hurley #5 Essendon
ziebell #6 Carlton/ brisbane
Hartlett #7 Carlton /brisbane

Shifter always likes to throw up alternate names, he spent most of last year talking about McEvoy. It takes the pressure off the guys constantly mentioned as the standout

thats complete stupidity from a pretty experienced man in this caper hell be lucky for top 10

Geez and i wonder who im backing in judgement. A guy that probably has over 20 inside links(conservative at best) to AFL clubs or ur opinion. Hmmmmmmmm

Shifter always likes to throw up alternate names, he spent most of last year talking about McEvoy. It takes the pressure off the guys constantly mentioned as the standout

Agree.

Doubt he'll go top 3 with the bottom 3 the way it is, but would come into the mix from pick 4 on.

Everyone seems to think Essendong will go for Hurley, I expect we will take a mid, we've already got quite a few key position options. I wouldn't be dissapointed if we took Hurley, but we have a distinct lack of class in our midfield and Hartlett in particular would help fill that void.

Everyone seems to think Essendong will go for Hurley, I expect we will take a mid, we've already got quite a few key position options. I wouldn't be dissapointed if we took Hurley, but we have a distinct lack of class in our midfield and Hartlett in particular would help fill that void.
For the record I instinctively make this hilarious typo all the time. When you're typing quickly it just feels like a G should go on the end. :D

It all depends on how we rate the existing players and the players themselves. We definitely have a Key defender spot open post Fletcher. Is Pears tall enough to fill this hole? Could Hooker fill the hole if he bulks up? Should we use Gumbleton down back? Can we pick up another prospect later or in the trade period? How do we rate our young midfielders? Who do we rate higher Hartlett or Hurley?

All I can say is I am glad I don't have to make the choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back