Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

A while ago I saw Nathan Buckley with his family getting ice cream in Darwin. I was with my girlfriend's family and her Mum walked after him and yelled out "Nathan!" and they proceeded to chat to each other for a minute as I stand there confused.

Turns out they went to high school together.

Edit: I'm also sure my girlfriend and I walked past Kane Cornes in Southbank one morning while on holiday. He was wearing shorts in 8-degree weather carrying a grocery bag. He also had his phone out sideways watching a video

Was house hunting in Perth about 5 years ago and the real estate agent was Beau Waters. Dude had a Ferrari sitting in the driveway!

Good bloke, chatted about Adelaide (the city, not team). Of course he was compelled to be nice cause he was trying to flip the house to me - so I milked the conversation while I could.

I was watching 9/11 videos at work the other day when Josh Daicos walked in and said hi

Travis Varcoe asked if I was in line to buy a coffee the other day (I wasn't). Seemed like a good bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

me and my partner were in the truck in South Melb coupla days ago (we're gardeners) as this big guy walked by...partner said he's HUGE...taller than the fence !!!

I muttered under my breath...that's Tom Bellchambers...partner got NFI coz he doesn't follow Footy.

moment passed, I couldn't be faaaarked explaining anything.

Dimma having a coffee at...Ms Alex and Co. (Or should that be Crow) Brighton Rd Elwood where I was planting around the tree boxes. I didn't pester him coz respected his privacy
IMG_20231003_080612084~2.jpg
As he left on the way back, I said 'Hi Damien, I see you walking your dog all the time in Elwood coz I'm a local', he gave a nod and smile then I said 'but now you're going to Qld' he 'said yeah moving' as he chased after his lab he turned around and said 'weather will be like this' (dark and gloomy) I quickly said 'naaah it'll be nice and sunny...'
The end...

Dimma having a coffee at...Ms Alex and Co. (Or should that be Crow) Brighton Rd Elwood where I was planting around the tree boxes. I didn't pester him coz respected his privacy
View attachment 1820577
As he left on the way back, I said 'Hi Damien, I see you walking your dog all the time in Elwood coz I'm a local', he gave a nod and smile then I said 'but now you're going to Qld' he 'said yeah moving' as he chased after his lab he turned around and said 'weather will be like this' (dark and gloomy) I quickly said 'naaah it'll be nice and sunny...'
The end...
"Respected his privacy"

went to Ripponlea Mansion to chillout yesteday morning..as I left, in walked Troy Simmonds, still looked fit and tanned...it was market day there and gold coin donation to get in...wonder if Troy coughed up. No photo.

This morning planting lily pillies at Northport Oval Port Melb...BZT was running laps and having kick to kick with B Preuss ? not sure
but guy in teal was def BZT, well it's got Thatcher on the back !!!

my mate on the rideon mower spoke to BZT, I overheard...nah...I don't follow AFL at all !!! bet BZT said....you boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BZT1.jpg
BZT2.jpg

I am somewhat concerned that the following may contravene the thread rules, but I’ll let you be the judge of that.

Around 2003-4 I went to a an all night rave. I was off my chops having a great time, and I spied Jim Stynes there at about 2am, just standing there with what appeared to be his partner, just observing everyone. He appeared to be quite sober, and I presumed he was there doing some fieldwork, so to speak, because he was a youth worker.

I went up to him and said g’day and shook his hand, and then said, ‘I just wanted to shake your hand because of the work you do with kids. Not because you were an AFL player - I don’t give a s**t about that’ (I was off my chops).

His partner thought it was hilarious, although she appeared to be laughing at Stynes more than me. He was nonplussed, and just gave me a friendly smile and thank you.

At the time, I thought it was a cool thing to say. In the cold light of the next day, I felt like a w***er lol.

I seen big Tom Bellchambers at the BP servo in Woodend (VIC) mid week around 5.45am a few months ago. He was driving an immaculate Ram ute.

Saw Dean Brogan at Unley Shopping Centre (seen a lot of Port/ex Port boys in the Unley Area). GF said he's huuge. I said "and he's won an AFL and NBL premiership, may never be repeated". Dean looked pretty bored there with his Mrs, and was lining up to get a coffee and possibly a pastry.

Also saw Charlie Dixon at the chemist in the USC. Was waiting behind me. Just super lean mass.

Saw Dean Brogan at Unley Shopping Centre (seen a lot of Port/ex Port boys in the Unley Area). GF said he's huuge. I said "and he's won an AFL and NBL premiership, may never be repeated". Dean looked pretty bored there with his Mrs, and was lining up to get a coffee and possibly a pastry.

Also saw Charlie Dixon at the chemist in the USC. Was waiting behind me. Just super lean mass.
Doesn't Boak / Robbie own a pub in the Unley area? Might explain things

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back