Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see a bit of emotion there Spock.

As Aristotle once said "The Law is reason free from passion".

Tell me fancy what do you not understand about the law?

You seem incapable of even understanding who the appellant is in a case!

Slenko if you opened your other eye up for one second you would see that although the process wasn't followed to the letter of the law. Horsham was informed by the league, although not by writing so im sure this case will be heard.

The truth of the matter is the only reason Horsham went searching high and low for this loop-hole is because they know he did it and they know there will be major consequences when he is found guilty. If he was innocent, Horsham wouldn't have done a merry dance to flaunt the mini loop holes in the system.

The facts are, a new player to the league has been king hit behind play from all reports and suffered 3 breaks to his jaw which required surgery and had to be wired. Jaws don't break on their own and it happened behind play, you fill in the blanks. This has caused a player to miss the last half of the season and would have been able to play no part in the finals if they made it. He is also a traveling player to the Nhill club so i assume he is paid some sort of money to play there, therefore he has lost half a seasons wage from a cowardly act.

Barry Hall got 7 weeks for a similar sounding incident that didn't even break Brent Stakers jaw. Its time the league takes a stand with these sorts of actions because they are becoming more and more regular with inadequate punishment for the offenders. I'd be looking for the same punishment as Kelm got for a similar act to Beer minimum. 10 weeks suspension with 4 weeks suspended depending on another discretion. Time to get the thugs out of the game and let the good players play!!!

Slenko...you continually try and talk law and pretend to be cluey and talk down to anyone who doesnt share your opinion but clearly it is your lack of intelligence that is on display for all to see once again as you insist on trying to move away from the real issue.

No one is interested in the case being dismissed on a technicality, the injury sustained is too serious and looks like it will be heard regardless...

The fact still remains that a player has sustained serious head injury behind play and everybody wants to know how!

I commend Nhill for putting up the 5500, it was reported in the mail times they did this...this does not pollute the case, it simply ensures it will go ahead as there is no way the WFL would put there own money up for this.

Whether you like it or not this one should go to trial and one way or another the truth is going to come out...if he is so innocent then what are you so worried about?

BIG W would have to agree... (and take note slenko ill even highlight this bit just for you) in my opinion if he is found guilty then yeah it could be anywhere from 4-8 weeks, lets just hope VCFL hands it out and not the WFL they have no credability whatsoever!

There is no doubt about you Slenko. There is probably nobody that epitomises the culture of the Horsham Demons better then you.

Now that we know that the appeal is in, I guess the question for you is just, why?

If you had not have stirred the possum after the original decision, then people would not have become agitated.

If people had not become agitated then ‘pace to freeze’ would not have had to intervene and prove you so terribly wrong.
If you had not been proven wrong ,then Nhill would not have known that they had another avenue towards justice.

It must be that you think the perpetrator deserves his comeuppance? It may be that you didn’t realise the consequences of your actions? Could you have thought for a minute that JB was innocent and that a hearing would actually support him???

Surely, Spock , if you are to able to acknowledge that you have used the reputation of JB as a play thing, then there must be, at some point ,an acknowledgment of the hurt you have caused, both to him, his family, Matt Jones and the Wimmera Football league??
:mad:

Fancy , my input into this wasn't to intervene or prove anyone wrong , and for that matter nor do I think I did !
I simply pointed out that IMO, there is a technical loop hole , whereby the rule in question doesn't stipulate when written notification has to be given .

Ladies , Gentlemen and the rest of you !
I encourage and support discussion on almost all matters, where people are clothed, involving football clubs and associated matters .
However, it's extremely boring when only one side of a story can be told.
Everyone enjoys , is entitled and encouraged to give their opinion, no-one enjoys those who are self opinionated !

After that West Coast bloke copped a week for sledging, Ricky Pettard , I think it's only fair we follow suit on here , what do you lot think ?

Ladies , Gentlemen and the rest of you !
I encourage and support discussion on almost all matters, where people are clothed, involving football clubs and associated matters .
However, it's extremely boring when only one side of a story can be told.
Everyone enjoys , is entitled and encouraged to give their opinion, no-one enjoys those who are self opinionated !

After that West Coast bloke copped a week for sledging, Ricky Pettard , I think it's only fair we follow suit on here , what do you lot think ?

Hmmm. Not sure, I think a good sledge here and there is part of the fun.

This is why everyone hates lawyers! They use big words and fancy quotes to big note themselves. And they think that their knowledge puts themselves so far above the rest of us.

Well Slenko, it doesn't. Thankfully lawyers are not permitted to represent players at tribunal hearings!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering!

This is why everyone hates lawyers! They use big words and fancy quotes to big note themselves. And they think that their knowledge puts themselves so far above the rest of us.

Well Slenko, it doesn't. Thankfully lawyers are not permitted to represent players at tribunal hearings!

Here here Moose, totally agree on lawyers. Although I do also think the only thing lower to lawyers are journalist.

Also just so you don't look to foolish Aristotle was a Greek Philosopher not a lawyer and it is barristers and solicitors who cannot represent a player at tribunal hearings not lawyers.

Better to get it accurate than buggar it up and lose all credibility.

Here here Moose, totally agree on lawyers. Although I do also think the only thing lower to lawyers are journalist.

Also just so you don't look to foolish Aristotle was a Greek Philosopher not a lawyer and it is barristers and solicitors who cannot represent a player at tribunal hearings not lawyers.

Better to get it accurate than buggar it up and lose all credibility.

Sorry I'm confused, what does a Greek Philosopher have to do with a red head cracking a blokes face open behind play???

I, like probably most people, are sick of reading about this...

The Empire smashed their co tennants yesterday kicking a whopping 88 goals across the 3 grades (no U17's) with the reserves and under 14's failing to score. Dylan Parish making a mockery of the league with another 15 goals. Time for the kid to have a crack at the VFL or SANFL.

Where are the Diggers at? Reports over the weekend that they have signed Taylors Lake coach Paul Brooks for the 2012 season with $20k mentioned. Surely a club in the awful position that they find themselves in, a playing coach would be more appropriate.

The Empire smashed their co tennants yesterday kicking a whopping 88 goals across the 3 grades (no U17's) with the reserves and under 14's failing to score. Dylan Parish making a mockery of the league with another 15 goals. Time for the kid to have a crack at the VFL or SANFL.

Where are the Diggers at? Reports over the weekend that they have signed Taylors Lake coach Paul Brooks for the 2012 season with $20k mentioned. Surely a club in the awful position that they find themselves in, a playing coach would be more appropriate.

The Diggers might be strife. Rumour has it there current coach has been training with another local club.

The Diggers might be strife. Rumour has it there current coach has been training with another local club.

He trained with Nhill during the week. Apparently he has also approached Saints, St Arnaud and Donald. He either has no idea or doesn't care for united one bit. You can't train at a club if you are the current coach of another!

There may be bushfire fronts galore on this matter. There is still many a card yet to play and heads may roll at higher levels than most might imagine.

Sounds like a very interesting night in Ararat tonite. Gloves have come off from all sides on this matter.

WFL may take on a differnet complection as of tomorrow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back