Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 37 Team Thread | Ice To See You

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks bro.
You are most welcome
If we win next week that will be the first time since season 34 we've won three in a row

R5 team sheet.JPG

Another milestone, another win. Congratulations to Hate on coming away with a victory in your 350th SFA match. We wish you all the best in your downtime and genuinely hope to see you posting it up again in the near future.

We decided to go in unchanged from our winning line-up from Round 4 and it paid off, winning back-to-back mathes for the first time this season and moving to a 3-2 win/loss record.

We finished with 19 posters in the match thread again. Looking at the total posts, posting numbers were up on the previous round, helped a lot by a huge week from Wosh and another 100+ week from Gralin. I finished in the 50s and moginie had another great week in the 40s.
Things fell off sharply after the top four though with no others reaching 20 posts for the week. I don't remember the last time that happened.
manangatang , Bluelegs , cooney , Scythe94 and Truetiger all finished in double figures and cats2rise rounded out the top 10 with 8 posts.

The fact that our 10th highest poster had less than 10 posts is a worrying sign. Hopefully it's just a slow month and we'll start to see things pick up again. There is talk about a bit of a shake-up of positions so there's an opportunity there for those who want to take it.

The game was played in warm conditions so DT scores were a bit down overall but those conditions seem to suit us as we've won both games we've played in the sun so far.
moginie turned it on again, leading the scoring as he has in all three of our wins. Get the ball into his hands and we do well. Scythe94 and Gralin provided plenty of run from the middle while Truetiger and Yakker both had big games on their forward flanks. For the second week in a row DemonJim showed his value onfield, having a big impact coming off the bench. He's a player that could make a huge difference with an increase in activity.
@Hatewas up and about in the ruck and manangatang ran well from his wing, providing cooney with plenty of opportunities at CHF.

Scoring was shared around this week, with 11 Demons getting amongst the goals. I wasted several opportunities with 2.4 before being replaced at full forward by cats2rise who kicked two of his own. moginie , manangatang , Gralin and cooney also finished with two goals each and Bluelegs , PMBangers , Yakker , Truetiger and Hate all scored one.

Random Stats:
1. Bluelegs is averaging two goals per week and has kicked at least one goal in each game this season.
2. Van_Dyke scored under 50 for the first time this season. Gralin and Yakker are the only two who have scored at least 50 every week
3. Hate kicked his first goal of the season, scoring 0.5 prior to this week.

Yet another big milsetone at home against the Gumbies this week. DemonJim will be celebrating his 250th club game.
Four Demons players have celebrated wins in their milestone matches so far this season. Let's make it five this week.

Round 4 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary

Last edited:
New Match Thread! This week we play the Royals at home.

View attachment 1920361

whats-wrong-with-me-malik-payne.gif

I'll just edit my post so I can copy it over to the right thread.

Anyway Delons I am sure your thread is up too so go to it! :D

The fact that our 10th highest poster had less than 10 posts is a worrying sign. Hopefully it's just a slow month and we'll start to see things pick up again. There is talk about a bit of a shake-up of positions so there's an opportunity there for those who want to take it.
On My Way Movie GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

New Match Thread! This week we play the Royals at home.

View attachment 1920361

I miss you too Mobbs 🥰

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a week of milestones!
DemonJim 250 games with the Mighty Mt Buller

Trying to break our 3 game in a row hoodoo sinceSeason 34

And the biggest milestone of all Proper Gander has come back and boy are we all happy!

I can’t see us ever losing another game tbh.

What a week of milestones!
DemonJim 250 games with the Mighty Mt Buller

Trying to break our 3 game in a row hoodoo sinceSeason 34

And the biggest milestone of all Proper Gander has come back and boy are we all happy!

I can’t see us ever losing another game tbh.

Speaking of milestones, if we play every week of the finals this season it will be Proper Gander's 200th in the Grand Final

Speaking of milestones, if we play every week of the finals this season it will be Proper Gander's 200th in the Grand Final
Oh, I was actually expecting to play my 100th this season but I just realised we have about 15 byes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back