Vickery
Nahas
Morton

1. Ben Cousins
2. Brett Deledio
3. Chris Newman
4. Mitch Morton
5. Luke McGuane

Seriously, he's going to be a star, but Cotchin????? Based on what?????
Played a mere handful of injury interrupted games!

HAHAHAHAHA
so by ur theory , why have you put ben cousins no 1 ??????
what is that based on ... he has only played a handfull of injury terrupted games as well for richmond !!!

the thread says "best 5 players at richmond" not "who has done the most in their career for richmond" .....

Deledio & Cotchin are the 2 best footballers at our club, end of story.

I rate McGuane highly but my top 5 is..

1. Deledio - Seriously I know everyone thinks Cotch is our Messiah but Deledio is athletically a freak, then you add to this the fact he is a absolute freak footballer. I think when we are sucessful he will win a brownlow.

2. Cousins - Enough Said

3. Cotchin - Pretty sure everyone can figure this out

4. Mitch Morton - So talented and will be as good as Stevie J in a decent side

5. Foley - Never gives up but may lose his spot eventually to Tambling/Martin/Riewoldt

Here's my list...Still hurting from the Big Fella's retirement!

1. Lids
2. Cuz

Daylight

3. Axlel
4. Tambo
5. Cotch

not far behind are....JR ,Mitch, Jacko, Gus (if he would pull his finger out!) Andy Collins could be anything? signs are there!... lets wait and see?

ISN'T that a contradiction .... best player on our list, yet not in the top five!!!

And again, on Cotchin, agrre with all you say, but he can't be rated our best simply on potential, some glimpses he has shown and what might lie ahead.
Others have runs on the board already..this kid, special as he is, has been a bit player in his two season, all due to injury.
He gets 22 games next year at what we know he can deliver, I'll have him top 5 or even number one, but not yet!!!

I based it on players I think will be key players in our next flag. I love seeing Cuz in our colours , but barring miracles or a disaster for 14-15 other clubs , he won't be in our next premiership side , though hopefully his legacy will be a contributing factor, and as I implied, all his pedigree and success is West Coast , not Richmond.

some off u people make me laugh jackson in top 5 no wonder we have been f ***** 4 20 years turn over king

1. Cotchin - haven't had a player with as much sheer talent for 2 decades, barring injury a future hall of famer who will transform our club , and anyone who can't see that is clearly a ****in' idiot with NFI about footy...

2. Lids - say what ya like, best player from that draft and the right choice.:thumbsu:
3. Morton - death or glory excitement machine..love it!:thumbsu:
4. Jack - he will be another Nick..bookmark it kids.:thumbsu:
5. Bling - because I like the kid and to annoy the poster at the top of this page.:thumbsu:

Unlucky

Cuz..love seeing him in yellow and black...almost surreal... is the best player on our list and a true legend... of West Coast...

Axel - if he gave us 4 great quarters instead of 2 or 3 once in a while he'd be in there for sure.

**** the "honest triers" ..I prefer matchwinners and class.:thumbsu:

(With all due respect to Ize in The Corner)
"Suck a big one Mario"...

Again!!

:thumbsu:

1. Cotchin - haven't had a player with as much sheer talent for 2 decades, barring injury a future hall of famer who will transform our club , and anyone who can't see that is clearly a ****in' idiot with NFI about footy...

2. Lids - say what ya like, best player from that draft and the right choice.:thumbsu:
3. Morton - death or glory excitement machine..love it!:thumbsu:
4. Jack - he will be another Nick..bookmark it kids.:thumbsu:
5. Bling - because I like the kid and to annoy the poster at the top of this page.:thumbsu:

Unlucky

Cuz..love seeing him in yellow and black...almost surreal... is the best player on our list and a true legend... of West Coast...

Axel - if he gave us 4 great quarters instead of 2 or 3 once in a while he'd be in there for sure.

**** the "honest triers" ..I prefer matchwinners and class.:thumbsu:

I agree with Mario buut he left Collins off...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its idiots like you that i think we have in our football department picking our players. So what if hes trent cotchin hes no good if he cant keep on the paddock and at the moment injury is all he has and use to have ben cousins by far out best player!!!

1 . ur the idiot, ur profile says u support "adelaide" but you talk bout richmonds football department by saying "our" :confused:

2. No richmond supporter will say trent cotchin is no good, and when a player is injured thats when they need the most support from supporters

3. you last sentance makes no sense what so ever

u dumb ass :p

HAHAHAHAHA
so by ur theory , why have you put ben cousins no 1 ??????
what is that based on ... he has only played a handfull of injury terrupted games as well for richmond !!!

the thread says "best 5 players at richmond" not "who has done the most in their career for richmond" .....

Deledio & Cotchin are the 2 best footballers at our club, end of story.

:)Simply, yes Cousins played only a dozen games for us last year, but if you don't seriously think he was in the top two or three in about 11 of those games you weren't watching too closely. He plays 16-22, he wins the best and fairest by that far it ain't funny.
And unlike Cotchin, he has runs on the board. 238 games in fact for West Coast, including a couple of premierships, a Brownlow Medal and four best and fairests in teams that were loaded with class players like Judd, Matera, Kemp, Heady, Kerr, Jackovich, McIntosh, Mainwairing etc.
Mate, the fact we had to award a best and fairest last year was a joke ... Deledio's first half was poor, evidenced by the fact he was an inch away from being sent packing to Coburg, but he recovered and won it, in a large part die to the fact others were so poor.
It doesn't matter where Cousins played the bulk of his games, he's all class.
What, do you think if Gary Ablett, or Nick Riewoldt landed at Richmond today, they wouldn't be our best two players. But you rule them out as they haven't played for us before. Zero logic.

I'll stand by what I have previously said, Cotchin has unlimited ability and will be God-damn elite if he ever gets the body right, but he simply doesn't have the runs on the board right now and can't be considered top five.
He played 10 games this season, a few that weren't all that great. Nope, there are others who are better performed right now and worthy of top five.

Top 5 Players
1. Deledio
2. Tambling
3. Foley
4. Cousins (I think we overrate him on field tbh, he's most valuable off-field)
5. Newman

Tambling + Deledio + Cotchin (with preseason) next year. Deadly.

Top 5 in Potential
1. Cotchin
2. Vickery
3. Post
4. Edwards
5. Riewoldt
5. Rance
Apologies to White (just left him out because the #5's are KPP's), Thursfield (potential as a FB), Collins, Browne,

Fav 5
2. Post
2. Vickery
4. Cotchin
5. White
5. Edwards

Number 1 will always be Richo

:)Simply, yes Cousins played only a dozen games for us last year, but if you don't seriously think he was in the top two or three in about 11 of those games you weren't watching too closely. He plays 16-22, he wins the best and fairest by that far it ain't funny.
And unlike Cotchin, he has runs on the board. 238 games in fact for West Coast, including a couple of premierships, a Brownlow Medal and four best and fairests in teams that were loaded with class players like Judd, Matera, Kemp, Heady, Kerr, Jackovich, McIntosh, Mainwairing etc.
Mate, the fact we had to award a best and fairest last year was a joke ... Deledio's first half was poor, evidenced by the fact he was an inch away from being sent packing to Coburg, but he recovered and won it, in a large part die to the fact others were so poor.
It doesn't matter where Cousins played the bulk of his games, he's all class.
What, do you think if Gary Ablett, or Nick Riewoldt landed at Richmond today, they wouldn't be our best two players. But you rule them out as they haven't played for us before. Zero logic.

I'll stand by what I have previously said, Cotchin has unlimited ability and will be God-damn elite if he ever gets the body right, but he simply doesn't have the runs on the board right now and can't be considered top five.
He played 10 games this season, a few that weren't all that great. Nope, there are others who are better performed right now and worthy of top five.

dont put words in mouth, my logic is based on the 5 best players at richmond, no matter what they HAVE or HAVENT done .. ablett and riewoldt would be 1 & 2 if they were at richmond .. your logic is based on whos got the runs on the board !! which isnt what this thread is about

Deledio is our best footballer and cotchin is our 2nd best footballer.. irrespective of what they have or havent done !! the thread DOES not say the top 5 players who have the runs on the board ....

Ben Cousins has runs on the board for west coast, not richmond !! and only 1 flag ...

you think brett deledio is a joke ? :thumbsdown:

some off u people make me laugh jackson in top 5 no wonder we have been f ***** 4 20 years turn over king

So true lol.:thumbsu:

Top 5.

1. Deledio
2. Cousins
3. Newman
4. Foley
5. Cotchin

My fav 5.

1. Edwards
2. Cotchin
3. Deledio
4. Foley