N.T.F.L thread - 2010/11/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: N.T.F.L thread - 2010

I think it would be a silly idea for Ulverstone to persue the idea of playing in the state league. I can see that they are struggling for depth when we played them the reserves were very poor and unders were as well. I think success sure does bring players to the club and juniors is where your future players come from so you need a good structure in place and concentrate on junior development, You also need some good support staff including a board that will all work together as a whole with purely the clubs future in mind. I think Ulverstone can rebuild and be a threat to all clubs on the field at all levels in the future in the NTFL.

Three good wins by the Penguin Football Club against East Devonport at home, will be tough this week with Smithton coming up to Pirtek Oval, another big challenge.

Interesting comment indeed-has THAT much changed since the Premiership last year ?

Team wise not a great deal has changed, about half a dozen players from the club have left but the concerning thing is that players were turning up for training literally a couple of weeks out from the first game for there first runs and to make matters worse slotted straight into the side for round one. the question needs to be asked, why would any player want to leave a club that less than 12 months ago won a premiership?
the culture is the thing that has changed, poor numbers at functions, poor numbers on the training track and financially issues, and not having any trainers available for treatment of players during the pres season right up until round one have all contributed to this.

I also agree that juniors are the fututre of any footy club and ulverstone unfortunately with its current board and coaches etc are only planning on immediate success rather than contiuning success well into the future. The writitng is on the wall, it can either be ignored or someone can stand up. either way its going to be an interesting outcome.

Team wise not a great deal has changed, about half a dozen players from the club have left but the concerning thing is that players were turning up for training literally a couple of weeks out from the first game for there first runs and to make matters worse slotted straight into the side for round one. the question needs to be asked, why would any player want to leave a club that less than 12 months ago won a premiership?
the culture is the thing that has changed, poor numbers at functions, poor numbers on the training track and financially issues, and not having any trainers available for treatment of players during the pres season right up until round one have all contributed to this.

I also agree that juniors are the fututre of any footy club and ulverstone unfortunately with its current board and coaches etc are only planning on immediate success rather than contiuning success well The writitng is on the wall, it can either be ignored or someone can stand up. either way its going to be an interesting outcome.
Looks like latrobe have it together on and off the field.

I also agree that juniors are the fututre of any footy club and ulverstone unfortunately with its current board and coaches etc are only planning on immediate success rather than contiuning success well into the future. The writitng is on the wall, it can either be ignored or someone can stand up. either way its going to be an interesting outcome.
Hard to believe really, as they have been the benchmark for such a long time but all clubs at all levels go through this transitional period, some more than others

Three good wins by the Penguin Football Club against East Devonport at home, will be tough this week with Smithton coming up to Pirtek Oval, another big challenge.

Settle down thetwoblues, Smithton will go to Pirtek Oval this weekend and beat your mob by 30 points plus. Penguin struggle to win the contested ball and they have to many outside players (which seems to be the type of players they have recruited this year) Smithton are a hardnt unit and Pirtek Oval will suit them down to the ground.

Settle down thetwoblues, Smithton will go to Pirtek Oval this weekend and beat your mob by 30 points plus. Penguin struggle to win the contested ball and they have to many outside players (which seems to be the type of players they have recruited this year) Smithton are a hardnt unit and Pirtek Oval will suit them down to the ground.

Anyones in particular your referring too Kickittothewizza?

The Saints will have to find eleven goals or more this year seeing as they are minus "Boony" Medwin but Gazza Randall will wreak havoc if left oneon one in the 50-and coming off a lazy 7 last week too, Smithton just building up after last year and will not make the mistake this year of peaking too early.The Saints still owe Penguin one for the 85 flag.

Bustling Billy Fielding led the two blues to a great upset victory.
Carpenter, to Willcox to "Diamond" Dick Reynolds GOOOOOAAAAL, plenty of times down hill towards the scoreboard in the last quarter.High number as in 61 worn by Michael Gale of Fitzroy and later Richmond fame if my fading memory serves me correctly

Saw the scoreline from the Ulverstone V Wynyard game on Southern Cross earliers..

Ulverstone kicked 23 goals 28 behinds.. Damn thats a lot of scoring shots..

Is it a sign on Wynyards ability? or have Ulverstone finally pulled their finger out?..

I guess Rodman was a handy inclusion.. Or did he only play in the twos?

Gone a little bit quiet thetwoblues??? Just following up on that tip i gave you last week re: Smithton will go to Pirtek Oval this weekend and beat your mob (Penguin Two Blues) by 30 points plus...
Im sorry the points margin was a little bit off but i wasn't to far wrong hey???

This week wont be ant different champ, Latrobe by 50 points...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone a little bit quiet thetwoblues??? Just following up on that tip i gave you last week re: Smithton will go to Pirtek Oval this weekend and beat your mob (Penguin Two Blues) by 30 points plus...
Im sorry the points margin was a little bit off but i wasn't to far wrong hey???

This week wont be ant different champ, Latrobe by 50 points...
Blues missing Podge up forward and Carp only one kick last weekend, why play him unfit with supposedly 70 or more on the track ?And no one at ground level in the forward half I am led to believe, Latrobe certainly travelling ok and should certainly continue on this week I would think

ok kickittothewizza who are you, you know who I am it is easy to hide behind a name. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Have a look at your own club or do you want me to start throwing shite at them.

ok kickittothewizza who are you, you know who I am it is easy to hide behind a name. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Have a look at your own club or do you want me to start throwing shite at them.
Looks like the lads were competive at the weekend, did big Cann play in the ones, good to see Nath Ling take some good grabs up forward, saw Sam Lings car still at the ground yesterday, must have had a big one the night before or broken down !

Yeah the boys were very competitive missed alot of easy shots, Latrobe only had 5 more inside 50's for the game. Yeah big nick played in twos, need podge back hope he is back soon. We lost Mathew Bowen gone back to Burnie he thinks he should be playing seniors every week and not getting a fair go at penguin, wrong attitude needs to improve his football and outlook should fit in well back at Burnie.

Yeah the boys were very competitive missed alot of easy shots, Latrobe only had 5 more inside 50's for the game. Yeah big nick played in twos, need podge back hope he is back soon. We lost Mathew Bowen gone back to Burnie he thinks he should be playing seniors every week and not getting a fair go at penguin, wrong attitude needs to improve his football and outlook should fit in well back at Burnie.
If young Bowen was half as good as he actually thinks he is at both footy and cricket, he would be ok at both.Let him go, amazing how some players in different sports get put on a pedestal in a supposedly"higher" or "better" league and when they drop down a level or tier find that maybe it is not that easy ie BCL Cricket, Darwin Footy and NTFL from the old statewide.Doubt whether Planty will put up with his shinanigans as he will put games in to blokes that have stuck eg Rawlings, Rice, Hayes, Rolls and the like-where will Bowen go when he cracks it there again and there is no Reserves ?

You want to know who i am thetwoblues? Well all you need to know about me is that i went and watched your mob on Saturday and they were nothing short of a discrace!!! I havent been to far wrong the last 2 weeks have i champ????

1. Latrobe by 50 points...

2. Smithton will go to Pirtek Oval this weekend and beat your mob (Penguin Two Blues) by 30 points plus...

Has all that money you spent on the Burnie boys been worth it?

You want to know who i am thetwoblues? Well all you need to know about me is that i went and watched your mob on Saturday and they were nothing short of a discrace!!! I havent been to far wrong the last 2 weeks have i champ????

2. Smithton will go to Pirtek Oval this weekend and beat your mob (Penguin Two Blues) by 30 points plus...

All other stuff aside, poor kicking at goal=poor footy and and even poorer excuse by the coach on the back page, practice it !

yeah spending that money is well worth it just to see Burnie on there knees. Hows your team going wizza. You were not at pirtek oval saturday otherwise i would of seen you come through the gate you must of jumped the fence. When you going to pull the pin at burnie so the club can get back on track and start heading in right direction, you are one person holding the club back.

How did your team go against the top team wizza, was that an 80 point loss maybe it was more of a disgrace than penguin, we have a happy club at penguin unlike your club, once again we had a function saturday night with over 150 attending, you guys dont even have functions because you have no supporters you and stiffy have driven them all away.

All other stuff aside, poor kicking at goal=poor footy and and even poorer excuse by the coach on the back page, practice it !

Correct moocher, always excuses from that club and if Ling has a problem, dont blame it correct it.
In regard to two blues and wizzer, have you ever thought of being men and ringing eachother rather than sling mud at eachother on here? Grow up cos you are damaging both your clubs:confused:

Correct moocher, always excuses from that club and if Ling has a problem, dont blame it correct it.
In regard to two blues and wizzer, have you ever thought of being men and ringing eachother rather than sling mud at eachother on here? Grow up cos you are damaging both your clubs:confused:
Agreed!

ok i am out of here you can have your forum to yourself !!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back