News Nathan Bassett Departs

Remove this Banner Ad

i think Hartlett showed leadership qualities and footy smarts during his playing days that i think could translate to coaching.

Hartlett definitely played in the right manner, hard and tough, i just think his body didn't allow him to be as good as what he could've been.

Hamish "it felt pretty lonely out there" Hartlett.

He could take a bump, but I never saw anything that screamed leadership.

And he came from a powerhouse SANFL club in West Adelaide.

Watch out lest Doug Thomas reach from the grave and squirrel grip you!

Hartlett lol. May as well have Jonas Skype in from the eastern suburbs
What's even the point? His AFL experience is literally just playing under ken with a few years of Primus. I'm sure he'll bring in a wealth of new ideas and experience from his one year back at West Adelaide
It is absolutely absurd, but on brand with regards to the current management at the helm of pafc.

Imagine those seasoned and experienced assistants and coaches from other lower level clubs seeing someone like Hartlett just get nepotism promotions.

Must be pretty shitty for these guys. Very finite jobs in the AFL coaching ranks and Port over here acting like demand vastly outstrips supply and Hartlett is the best option lmao.

Imagine those seasoned and experienced assistants and coaches from other lower level clubs seeing someone like Hartlett just get nepotism promotions.

Must be pretty shitty for these guys. Very finite jobs in the AFL coaching ranks and Port over here acting like demand vastly outstrips supply and Hartlett is the best option lmao.

is anything official?

When we really are fair dinkum about getting "best available" none of the smart candidates will waste their time interviewing because they know we only appoint internally.

Hartlett lol. May as well have Jonas Skype in from the eastern suburbs
What's even the point? His AFL experience is literally just playing under ken with a few years of Primus. I'm sure he'll bring in a wealth of new ideas and experience from his one year back at West Adelaide

Had nearly a couple years of Choco, plus plenty of good assistant coaches to learn off of too. Kingsley, Walsh, Voss, Carr, Schofield.

I don’t like the idea of an internal appointment and rather someone who hasn’t played under Ken but I think it’s a bit ridiculous to suggest that anyone who has played under Ken won’t make a good coach one day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had nearly a couple years of Choco, plus plenty of good assistant coaches to learn off of too. Kingsley, Walsh, Voss, Carr, Schofield.

I don’t like the idea of an internal appointment and rather someone who hasn’t played under Ken but I think it’s a bit ridiculous to suggest that anyone who has played under Ken won’t make a good coach one day.

Always been the Port way, since Fos…

Port people are forged by Port people, look at what happens when a Geelong Prick runs the show with a Crow/Norwood prick and a Sydneysider at the wheel…

I understand this isn’t 1978 anymore, but strong cultures promote from within, next bloke up strives to be better than the last, improves on deficiencies, etc.

I don’t want Hamish in the role, but I’m not as anti internal as others here are. - I’m saying that, knowing how to win and what is required is a better foundation to build upon than this merely surviving state we find ourselves held to!

Not saying that playing under ken immediately removes you from any possibility of coaching. Although you wouldn't say that Ken's tenure has fostered strong on field leaders and free thinkers that would add value to a coaching outfit.
The point would be more that 90% of hartlett's football knowledge has come from time under ken so what could he possibly bring to the team that doesn't already exist within the current coaching box.
My point is that putting him in the current coaching box is a waste of time. he has little to add and little to learn.
The current regime would likely see it as a bonus as they don't need to consider any new thinking

Not saying that playing under ken immediately removes you from any possibility of coaching. Although you wouldn't say that Ken's tenure has fostered strong on field leaders and free thinkers that would add value to a coaching outfit.
The point would be more that 90% of hartlett's football knowledge has come from time under ken so what could he possibly bring to the team that doesn't already exist within the current coaching box.
My point is that putting him in the current coaching box is a waste of time. he has little to add and little to learn.
The current regime would likely see it as a bonus as they don't need to consider any new thinking
Even when you have a strong culture I think it's better for recently retired players to get some coaching experience elsewhere & then return. I think you need to see how others operate in this code.

Davies said we are searching beyond our backyard for an assistant - and PowerLil I know you think Davies is lying because his lips are moving ;) - but it's relatively easy for a Victorian club to attract assistants from other Victorian clubs.

Unless it is someone who has lost a job - and so immediately you ask why - it is not a simple thing to bring an existing A/C from an interstate club here, so then you're into the territory of an untried former player.

Davies said we are searching beyond our backyard for an assistant - and PowerLil I know you think Davies is lying because his lips are moving ;) - but it's relatively easy for a Victorian club to attract assistants from other Victorian clubs.

Unless it is someone who has lost a job - and so immediately you ask why - it is not a simple thing to bring an existing A/C from an interstate club here, so then you're into the territory of an untried former player.
I am happy with a defensive coach of a player from a club that has recently won a premiership.

I wouldn't believe Chris Davies if he said his name was Chris Davies.

Chris Davies: The sky is blue
PowerLil

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back