Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star
Sep 12, 2008
Naracoorte
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Norwood, Memphis Grizzlies, Bengals
Came across this while browsing youtube, from the middle of this year.

[YOUTUBE]PL03fkqVHZg[/YOUTUBE]

As much as we criticize him sometimes for not meeting our standards as a footballer, he appears to be a very well grounded and community minded person. Carrying on his father's legacy and helping Indigenous children. Good story.

Finished 5th in the 3.2km time trial yesterday at Princes Park. Good effort from somebody with his body type and position. Finished the year off well so I'd expect him to make an impact next year.
Got the other time trial results?

I'm still of the view that Nathan will be a player for us - I expect him to play a lot of senior footy under our new coach. He seems a quality person who works hard, as evidenced by his time trial results in what is pretty good company.

Go DJ!

Djerrkura copped a lot of flak for his awful performance in the Adelaide game which, to be fair, was awful. He was significantly better in the later games he played and, but for a few minor injuries, he would have played the last 5-6 games straight. He is a bit slow for his type but the potential is there and it seems like the attitude is too.

He is a bit slow for his type but the potential is there and it seems like the attitude is too.

Still came 3rd in the 2008 Grand Final Sprint.

I read it as quick enough, especially if he's one of the fitter guys at the club as the timetrials suggest. 100m is a burst effort. Not as much as a 20m sprint obviously, but DJ definitely isn't slow.

Put down his getting caught to a sometime lack of awareness.

[YOUTUBE]uD2o4gJoZZM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
he seems quick enough in this picture, to kick the ball then rove the contest.

I don't know how seriously I'd take those times. I suspect he's quick enough over 100m but slow off the burst. He gets caught quite a bit.

His pace is fine....his problem is his first instinct is to double back rather than take the opposition on by charging forward.

Good stuff. I'd love to see this kid get a game next year, can play in my opinion. I'd like to see him become as good as his mate Travis Varcoe!
And I'd be able to stick it up a few on this forum who haven't rated him, and say, told ya so!

His last few games before he was dropped for no apparent reason were great. He kicked a few goals and he ran the ball out of the middle a number of times, setting up a few more goals.

Hurt his ankle and then played for Willi for the rest of the year.

Hopefully he can recapture that form and even improve on it next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read it as quick enough, especially if he's one of the fitter guys at the club as the timetrials suggest. 100m is a burst effort. Not as much as a 20m sprint obviously, but DJ definitely isn't slow.

Put down his getting caught to a sometime lack of awareness.

[YOUTUBE]uD2o4gJoZZM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
he seems quick enough in this picture, to kick the ball then rove the contest.
some people have waaaay too much time to compile those videos

I must have missed the games where he showed something at afl level he usually does well at vfl level, but when the speed of the game goes up in the afl he really struggles to pick the ball up or hit targets. He will need to improve greatly to even be a semi regular player next year

I must have missed the games where he showed something at afl level he usually does well at vfl level, but when the speed of the game goes up in the afl he really struggles to pick the ball up or hit targets. He will need to improve greatly to even be a semi regular player next year
boyd was like that for a while.. in fact, he still struggles to hit targets!

I have never known an AFL footballer to fumble so much.
Sheesh, talk about turning a positive into a bashing! I didn't know DJ was the whole cause of the doggies having a bad season. If the dogs were relying on DJ to get them to a Premiership, then we really are in deep s**t!

boyd was like that for a while.. in fact, he still struggles to hit targets!

I'm surprised the dogs didn't dump him as Captain. I mean the dogs listened to the fans when it came to the jersey. Why didn't they listen when they were pointing out how bad a player Matty Boyd is?

That should be the rule for selecting the next Western Bulldog Captain.

If you can't hit a target consistently at an avg of say I don't know 90% then you're not going to be Captain.

All Australian? Lead the league in posses? Pfft, so what, if you can't hit a target, you're useless. That should be Coach Macca's new mantra.

DEX

I'm surprised the dogs didn't dump him as Captain. I mean the dogs listened to the fans when it came to the jersey. Why didn't they listen when they were pointing out how bad a player Matty Boyd is?

If you can't hit a target consistently at an avg of say I don't know 90% then you're not going to be Captain.

All Australian? Lead the league in posses? Pfft, so what, if you can't hit a target, you're useless. That should be Coach Macca's new mantra.

DEX

calm down

DEX

If the club listened to fans like you we'd be even more rooted then we currently are

(PS - signing off your name at the bottom of a post is not needed, you have a username)

DEX
Sarcasm is off the mark, my comment intended to point out that eventually the good VFL form will translate into AFL once he has experience. I think you missed what I was getting at...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back