NCFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the hub don't just try a bandaid solution and look into the future for the good of country footy, the 5 mallee league clubs should join he ncfl with boort and wedderburn going to the lvfl. Tooley/manag the Malle eagles also to join the league. Nyah and balranald to join the golden rivers with hay to go to piccola league. Then have swan hill, tyntynder, woorineen, kerang, raiders & kangas, Rochy, kyabram, echuca utd, moama to form a new league and echuca bombers to the bfl. That would make the 4 leagues much stronger

QUOTE="Carlton_09, post: 36635666, member: 74059"]yep so many clubs folding travel aint the factor better having a club then not
Wedderburn to beulah 144 km 1hr 44 min
which is nothing im originally from Brim former mallee League club we had to travel 2 hours 11 min 158 km to Manangatang
its fine when u only travel long distances once a year they have to do it as well Underbool was just on 2 hours as well
Ouyen close as well not so bad when our first game started at 11:00 not any earlier

Nullawil has a massive trip to hay so once u done long trips a few times its not as bad as u first think .
it would Make North Central alot stronger 10 team comp rather then 7 and possible shrink .
that would help new clubs get new players from bendigo or ballarat directon
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Trent I don't quite follow. Where do you have my eagles going?

Unfortunately the way things are with dwindling populations and the loss of clubs more travel is going to be inevitable. There is simply too many clubs around for the amount of us blokes who still love playing footy. Those of us who do it for the love of it will have to cop going further to do it. Those who get paid small fortunes to play can just suck it up in my opinion
Yep AFL vic has the last say where clubs go if they want to play they will have to travel better then folding and not playing at all

yep so many clubs folding travel aint the factor better having a club then not
Wedderburn to beulah 144 km 1hr 44 min
which is nothing im originally from Brim former mallee League club we had to travel 2 hours 11 min 158 km to Manangatang
its fine when u only travel long distances once a year they have to do it as well Underbool was just on 2 hours as well
Ouyen close as well not so bad when our first game started at 11:00 not any earlier

Nullawil has a massive trip to hay so once u done long trips a few times its not as bad as u first think .
it would Make North Central alot stronger 10 team comp rather then 7 and possible shrink .
that would help new clubs get new players from bendigo or ballarat directon
You could play with roota truck save on driving. I hear your brother maybe coming back to play for his beloved dees... Now that would be some travel!!

From London? That would be some traveling!

Hopefully the hub don't just try a bandaid solution and look into the future for the good of country footy, the 5 mallee league clubs should join he ncfl with boort and wedderburn going to the lvfl. Tooley/manag the Malle eagles also to join the league. Nyah and balranald to join the golden rivers with hay to go to piccola league. Then have swan hill, tyntynder, woorineen, kerang, raiders & kangas, Rochy, kyabram, echuca utd, moama to form a new league and echuca bombers to the bfl. That would make the 4 leagues much stronger

Agree with you on a lot of that but I think they need to have a look at where clubs are drawing their players from, again using myself or Wyche as an example, 2 player comes from north of Wyche, the rest are either in Wyche or south, so why move them further north? I think it would be better to see Loddon Valley and NCFL join, would be a big league but makes more sense to me!

Yep AFL vic has the last say where clubs go if they want to play they will have to travel better then folding and not playing at all
I don't think AFL VIC will have the balls to tell clubs where they will be playing after the review. IMO all they will do is make recommendations and leave it to clubs and leagues to sort themselves out!!!

I don't think AFL VIC will have the balls to tell clubs where they will be playing after the review. IMO all they will do is make recommendations and leave it to clubs and leagues to sort themselves out!!!
Well what are we paying the useless bastards for.......make some tough decisions and get on with it or we will all wither on the vine......and while they are at it they should get fair dinkum about the Pioneers set up or piss 'em off....ATM they are an embarrassment

Well what are we paying the useless bastards for.......make some tough decisions and get on with it or we will all wither on the vine......and while they are at it they should get fair dinkum about the Pioneers set up or piss 'em off....ATM they are an embarrassment
You take the flute out??
Agree with you though! Pretty similar to our exec! Since AFL central vic have been in place I don't think there has been a real defining moment or justification to their position! How have they benefitted NCFL? How have they benefitted country footy??

Hence get in more clubs make the League alot stronger rather then losing clubs and end up like the Mallee
also Inglewood should move to North Central their like only 20 mintues from wedderburn

I'd imagine their will be a fair few St. Arnuad people keen to get closer to Maryborough or bendigo, St Arnuad - Sea Lake wouldn't excite to many! Agree though Inglewood and Pyramid would be good for NCFL

Not defending the pioneers setup, but the bigger problem is Bendigo doesn't have a college, private school for the kids, you look at Palmer who was drafted to Port this year, he's from Swan Hill and his parents moved to Bendigo and he was offered a full scholarship in Ballarat for footy, Paddy Dow from Swan Hill has full scholarship for footy at Geelong Grammer, same with Norm Sheahans son at Ballarat. The pick of our area go to private schools with full scholarships. As long as this is happening the Pioneers are no chance of being super competitive, its all about making the best of our kids who are left even better. To this point I would say it is failing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They way Inglewood are goin I'm not sure they are in a position to move
they sound like their in a similar position maby not as bad as Smythesdale here in Central Highlands faced alot of 40+ goal floggings
last year one game they copped 51 goal smashing by learmonth last year 51.20 to 3.2 and least 5 times failed to score anything could been more

Sorry boys, you've all missed the mark here,AFL VICs decisions will not be a recommendation they will be final. If as rumoured they go down the road they are keen on you wont have to worry about NCFL, it wont exist, the favoured model apparently is Donald,Birchip and this centurys most unsuccessful side St. Arnaud to head to Wimmera,Wyche to head to CMFL,Boort and Wedderburn to head to a three tier Bendigo Football League(an amalgamation of BFL,HDFL,LVFL) with Charlton given the option of amalgamation with either the Demons to CMFL or can you believe it joining the Redbacks for a shot in the BFL. Don't think this option will be much good for anyone but this has been the wish of AFLVIC for 10 years, have been told they will get their way.

As if the Bulls will wanna go to the Wimmera! And the Demons to the Central Murray.....another bloody joke! And I suppose the Redbacks will amalgamate with Golden Square!! Some would say they already have!!

As if the Bulls will wanna go to the Wimmera! And the Demons to the Central Murray.....another bloody joke! And I suppose the Redbacks will amalgamate with Golden Square!! Some would say they already have!!
it was either donald or st Arnaud dunno how many times over last 10 year hearing ooh their talks about donald or st arnaud coming to the Wimmera and it never happend lol . North Central will have the new Southern Mallee Giants in once the Reviews done .

Sorry boys, you've all missed the mark here,AFL VICs decisions will not be a recommendation they will be final. If as rumoured they go down the road they are keen on you wont have to worry about NCFL, it wont exist, the favoured model apparently is Donald,Birchip and this centurys most unsuccessful side St. Arnaud to head to Wimmera,Wyche to head to CMFL,Boort and Wedderburn to head to a three tier Bendigo Football League(an amalgamation of BFL,HDFL,LVFL) with Charlton given the option of amalgamation with either the Demons to CMFL or can you believe it joining the Redbacks for a shot in the BFL. Don't think this option will be much good for anyone but this has been the wish of AFLVIC for 10 years, have been told they will get their way.
Hard to see a 3 tier league working given the varying sizes of the towns in the catchment. Impossible to compete in the major comp - no point winning promotion to the big gig and then getting flogged. Also got to take into account the whole structure of clubs - ability to field teams at all levels - including netball, and in the case of the NCFL hockey as well.

it was either donald or st Arnaud dunno how many times over last 10 year hearing ooh their talks about donald or st arnaud coming to the Wimmera and it never happend lol . North Central will have the new Southern Mallee Giants in once the Reviews done .

I heard a whisper the Giants were keen to follow Japarit to the Horsham District.
AFL VIC could move WNFC to the CMFL and have them fold before they play a game in the league, I couldn't see the players supporting that move. If players don't support it they wont play pretty simple.

Rocco you've been pretty quiet, free wifi on virgin flights i thought you'd have plenty of time on your trips up to Darwin to keep us updated. or arent you involved in the recruiting trips? or The Saints are the saints looking a touch closer to home this year. I heard a rumor that you guys had signed Goliath's brother, 7 foot tall 3 foot wide, ruckman from O&M???

Will be interesting to see how Rosa's body holds up after not playing for a few years now.

Hard to see a 3 tier league working given the varying sizes of the towns in the catchment. Impossible to compete in the major comp - no point winning promotion to the big gig and then getting flogged. Also got to take into account the whole structure of clubs - ability to field teams at all levels - including netball, and in the case of the NCFL hockey as well.

Really makes you wonder what would happen to junior footy. Would all junior teams go into a Bendigo junior footy league??

A
Really makes you wonder what would happen to junior footy. Would all junior teams go into a Bendigo junior footy league??
Afl vic won't give a s**t....they want everyone corralled around Bendigo so the recruiters dont have to travel past any silos to find the next Corey Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back