NCFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure anyone is underestimating SLNT, it's just that most clubs don't want the league to expand northwards. If they were 100kms south I think they would be in....
This is an interesting topic of discussion at present, with the NCFL board at odds with the (most of) clubs
unfortuanlly its going to happen north centals clubs should think what they be if they were in Mallees shoes and got told no we dont want u look at Central highlands fl clubs in every Direction similar to Horshams Distict massive travel these day more next year with SMG going to HDFL
lucky NCFL dont have to travel 300kms to a game be interesting when they review North central next year

unfortuanlly its going to happen north centals clubs should think what they be if they were in Mallees shoes and got told no we dont want u look at Central highlands fl clubs in every Direction similar to Horshams Distict massive travel these day more next year with SMG going to HDFL
lucky NCFL dont have to travel 300kms to a game be interesting when they review North central next year
North central was part of the North West review.

I think all NCFL clubs appreciate how lucky they are with the lack of travel in their league. We also feel for SLNT looking for a league, but it is our duty to protect the future of our clubs. New players and ones we have coming home presently will be harder to convince if a club from north is part of the comp, in fact some have said they would not play if that happens. It doesn't matter who that club is & it actually seems that SL would be a good fit, but as I said earlier, they are too far in the wrong direction.

I think all NCFL clubs appreciate how lucky they are with the lack of travel in their league. We also feel for SLNT looking for a league, but it is our duty to protect the future of our clubs. New players and ones we have coming home presently will be harder to convince if a club from north is part of the comp, in fact some have said they would not play if that happens. It doesn't matter who that club is & it actually seems that SL would be a good fit, but as I said earlier, they are too far in the wrong direction.

I don't agree. Unfortunately for country footy to survive all participants and stakeholders need to u der stands that things have changed. Travel is now a factor. Players are getting massive money and honestly if they have to travel a bit further to get the cash and the game survives then that's what has to happen

I don't agree. Unfortunately for country footy to survive all participants and stakeholders need to u der stands that things have changed. Travel is now a factor. Players are getting massive money and honestly if they have to travel a bit further to get the cash and the game survives then that's what has to happen
Not everyone that plays the game is getting their pockets lined.
For me NCFL should look to join the LFVL, in the current climate there looks to be a few clubs that could potentially go belly up, joining the 2 makes more sense to me.

For me NCFL should look to join the LFVL, in the current climate there looks to be a few clubs that could potentially go belly up, joining the 2 makes more sense to me.

No they don't but my opinion (and that is usually bugger all) is that those player who don't play for cash won't be the ones whinging about going to play at sea lake

Don't see your logic.
as AFL vic said next year will be reviewing Cental vic Leagues hence why they didnt recomend SLNT since their could be changes to North Central after next year

We understand things have to change, & we expect that, but we are trying to make sure we can continue to have players return home to play. This means involving clubs from the south, not north because none of our players liked that idea. You might disagree, but not every club does or can afford to pay "massive money". We are trying to do what we can to keep playing for our club a good option.

We understand things have to change, & we expect that, but we are trying to make sure we can continue to have players return home to play. This means involving clubs from the south, not north because none of our players liked that idea. You might disagree, but not every club does or can afford to pay "massive money". We are trying to do what we can to keep playing for our club a good option.
we didnt like it when we had to travel to underbool, ouyen and Manangatang but we had not choice when northern ^& Southern Malle merged Woomelang Went the right way to a bigger and stronger stabled league least NC wont have a bye better then risking clubs folding and having no league at all hate NC go the way of the Mallee which i think the AFL vic saying its a quick fix for SLND somethings going to happen .

we didnt like it when we had to travel to underbool, ouyen and Manangatang but we had not choice when northern ^& Southern Malle merged Woomelang Went the right way to a bigger and stronger stabled league least NC wont have a bye better then risking clubs folding and having no league at all hate NC go the way of the Mallee which i think the AFL vic saying its a quick fix for SLND somethings going to happen .
That alone means they can stay where they are! Unless they introduce a split round

That alone means they can stay where they are! Unless they introduce a split round
Woomelang only has 2 leagues to chose from North Central or Golden Rivers with a record trip to Hay 300kms
for us Underbool 145 Ouyen 133 Mangatang 187km they were our futherest trips we had to appect it and after first few trips it not as bad as first though if you want a game u have to travel

Totally agree truck sea lake should join the golden rivers, with woo eland and hay to go to the piccola league, would be better travel for everyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree truck sea lake should join the golden rivers, with woo eland and hay to go to the piccola league, would be better travel for everyone

North Central clubs need to embrace SLNT. Really can't understand what you guys are sooking about, its one game a year up there and it will give youse a chance to make a very enjoyable bus trip. It's not going to affect recruiting, any player that refuses to play for your club because sea lake is in the league is probably not a player you would want anyway. North Central is by far a better fit for SLNT compared to Golden Rivers. The standard of footy is an even match in the North Central for them, if they went to Golden Rivers it would be equivalent to hawthorn playing in the VFL. Central Murray is not an option, so where else can they go? If you want to take travel into account for SLNT, the furthest game in N/C would be 140km, in the Golden Rivers they would have 4 away games further than that.

North Central people need to realise that although not ideal it had been the way of the times for a long time in areas around them. Look at Ouyen and Walpeup/underbool. Will merge at the end of the year to form one club. In the 105 year history of Ouyen football, the area that this football club will cover has seen 43 different clubs. 43 is not a typo.

When I grew up playing for my local football club the furthermost i had to travel for an away game was 70k's. Then we had a league merger and we were traveling up to 150-200k's for an away game (made for pretty good bus trips). Then my home club merged with another and I had to travel 70k's just to go to training for my local football club.

Travel is simply apart of country footy. Accept SLNT, it will not destroy your league.

North Central clubs need to embrace SLNT. Really can't understand what you guys are sooking about, its one game a year up there and it will give youse a chance to make a very enjoyable bus trip. It's not going to affect recruiting, any player that refuses to play for your club because sea lake is in the league is probably not a player you would want anyway. North Central is by far a better fit for SLNT compared to Golden Rivers. The standard of footy is an even match in the North Central for them, if they went to Golden Rivers it would be equivalent to hawthorn playing in the VFL. Central Murray is not an option, so where else can they go? If you want to take travel into account for SLNT, the furthest game in N/C would be 140km, in the Golden Rivers they would have 4 away games further than that.

North Central people need to realise that although not ideal it had been the way of the times for a long time in areas around them. Look at Ouyen and Walpeup/underbool. Will merge at the end of the year to form one club. In the 105 year history of Ouyen football, the area that this football club will cover has seen 43 different clubs. 43 is not a typo.

When I grew up playing for my local football club the furthermost i had to travel for an away game was 70k's. Then we had a league merger and we were traveling up to 150-200k's for an away game (made for pretty good bus trips). Then my home club merged with another and I had to travel 70k's just to go to training for my local football club.

Travel is simply apart of country footy. Accept SLNT, it will not destroy your league.
8 clubs better then 7 alot of leagues has clubs in every direction possible last time NC had 8 was prior to 1997 before the Birchip and Watchem Corac Merger

8 clubs better then 7 alot of leagues has clubs in every direction possible last time NC had 8 was prior to 1997 before the Birchip and Watchem Corac Merger
Clubs voted 5/2 to reject SLNT application, board voted 6/1 for,intersting times ahead to see who gets their way.

Apparently someone from Birchip has taken a liking to royalblue.......2nd year running hes bitten someone....class act as hes already shown this year

Nope... You seem to be forgetting the most recent attempt at eight clubs, which again had a club from way up north, albeit more North East, in Leichville Gunbower. History shows that it just did not work

Nope... You seem to be forgetting the most recent attempt at eight clubs, which again had a club from way up north, albeit more North East, in Leichville Gunbower. History shows that it just did not work
hence why AFL Vic said their could be changes to North Central once the reviews done next year and didnt recommend SLNT their may not be north central clubs may get sent to neighboring Leagues

What was the reason it didn't work? Was it largely due to LG not being happy, or the NCFL?

What was the reason it didn't work? Was it largely due to LG not being happy, or the NCFL?
looks like could be another twist Woomelang Lascelles who was going to go to Golden Rivers 1 of3 clubs they are possible merging with either Sea Lake nandaly, Birchip-Watchem or Golden Rivers Nullawil .

I recon new clubs merging into leagues makes the comp interesting, spices things up instead of the same old. Worst thing to happen is these clubs just fold. The towns go belly up. Wimmera mallee is not exactly a booming region, get behind them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back