NEAFL - Northern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

LABRADOR to just pip M'side by a couple of goals
NT to get over a competitive Cats by 5 goals
Redland to pump Vultures by 80 points
Southport over Aspley in the match of the round by 6 goals

I see the eastern conference has betting, and they have framed a market for the nth conf premier. Pity they are not doing head to head nth conf games.

Gold Coast 3.75
Brisbane 4.00
NT Thunder 4.50
Redland Bombers 5.00
Southport Sharks 5.50
Aspley Hornets 9.00
Broadbeach Cats 26.00
Labrador Tigers 31.00
Morningside 31.00
Mount Gravatt 51.00

Sharks on the 5th line of betting is the thing that stands out to me. Should be higher. I have also expressed a view that the Suns and Lions will come back to the field, not according to the bookies.

Thanks Stuyd. Tips in UPPERCASE

Morningside vs. LABRADOR
SOUTHPORT vs. Aspley
NT THUNDER vs. Broadbeach
Mt Gravatt vs. REDLAND

My Tips
siders by 14pts good side if Dave Cummins and Wallin cant make it, good to see upton in the captaincy with the older blokes, lab have lost to many for mine
sharks by 22pts wisey 150 been a champ of qld footy,expect a big 2nd half of the year for the bees watch Ives play if anyone is going down if he doesnt get drafted down the track will capt state before he is 21!
thunder by 82pts broady will try there guts out but are lacking players to compete with the big boys
redland by 71pts again outside of the scotts and grose vultures are lacking,will anyone have a crack at vearing has walked out on his home club when they most needed him he is great downhill skier

Tips:

Morningside vs. LABRADOR - 12 points
SOUTHPORT vs. Aspley - 25 points
NT THUNDER vs. Broadbeach - 30 points
Mt Gravatt vs. REDLAND - 38 points

Panthers
Southport
Nt
Redlands
OK,thats 8 of us in. Two or so weeks ago, 17 of us predicted the final ladder, so come on guys get on board the tipping comp. for a bit of fun and competition.still got to 1.30 pm tomorrow to place your tips, the more participants the better.
By the way, do you agree with the points scoring system,, or do you want to go back to the 1 point per winning tip etc ,Please post your opinion and we will run with the scoring system you vote for.
My Tips.
1) LABRADOR
2) SOUTHPORT
3) THUNDER
4) REDLANDS.

Fellow posters,
are we interested in doing a NEAFL tipping competition,as we have done over the past 3 seasons.if there are at least 10 of us participating, I dont mind being the guy that collates the tips weekly and reporting the ladder so to speak.... better hurry up , in fact urgent, as round 1 starts on Saturday.Post ur tips.. like tommorow, and if we get enough involved ,I will begin the scoring process..and 3 simple rules are as follows;
1) a winning tip scores 2 points
2) a draw scores 1 point.
3) if you miss tipping for a particular round, you will still get equivalent to a win and a draw,, ie 3 points.
Yes short notice, but if interseted in getting a tipping comp going, record your participation urgently with your round 1 tips.
In my opinion get zero points for missing a round.

Southport to win by plenty.
Redlands same.
Nt unbeatable against local clubs in top end.
Panthers only because they are at home

Interesting side Aspley has named. Lucy doesn't train with them they are flying him in from Mackay. He is not that good of a footballer to be doing that. Forbes trains when he feels like it and looks like he's eaten a pig. Jack Stanley has been injured not sure if he played a pre-season game. Colch playing on Hughes? 4 ex AFL players in the back line I think not. I am going to say Sharks by 47 points.

Tips
Southport
NT Thunder
Redlands
Morningside - as a support still deciding if I have to tip them every week on principle, or give my actual thoughts on the likely result! (Do think they have a reasonable chance today)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon Cats. Lead by 3 points at 3/4 time.
Umpires stopped the game as Argus from NT had a cramp. Wtf

Terrific for the Cats and the comp. A good competition needs teams that are competitive. Watched 2 NEAFL games today and both less than a kick in it. It looks like a good season ahead hopefully.

Watched the game on livestream and for a 1st round game , was of very good quality.... unreal for Broady to win.. Some 2 weeks ago, 17 of us posters predicted our final ladder standings which resulted in Broadbeach finishing 2nd last... fair enough, but I predicted they will be the smokey of the comp, and Im a Broadbeach supporter as u know... so its great to win this game against the Thunder, . Its only round 1 ,so we may still finish at the lower end of the ladder, then again, maybe we wont... smokie.....

Watched the game on livestream and for a 1st round game , was of very good quality.... unreal for Broady to win.. Some 2 weeks ago, 17 of us posters predicted our final ladder standings which resulted in Broadbeach finishing 2nd last... fair enough, but I predicted they will be the smokey of the comp, and Im a Broadbeach supporter as u know... so its great to win this game against the Thunder, . Its only round 1 ,so we may still finish at the lower end of the ladder, then again, maybe we wont... smokie.....

Watched the Morningside vs Labrador game today. Morningside by 4 odd goals, should of been more as they missed at least 7 set shots from 30 plus metres out.In addition to that , they scored at least 3 goals from 50 metre penalities due to Labrador players backchatting the Umpires.From what I saw, Morningside is on the improve and Labrador is not....but, then again, its only round 1. Thus, not writing off Labrador.

good on the cats. tough trip up there. start of the season is when to get the thunder

panthers are on the rise for sure.

southport just good enough is what was a great game of football. they certainly knew they were in a for a tough game.

5 50s against southport leading to 4 goals to aspley gee normy dare won't be too pleased. actually probably was more than that,i lost count in the end but i'm sure no one gives a s**t. just like with every game. every team has goals against them that came from free kicks

Watched game from Darwin on livestream. On that form Thunder are a chance given their draw (Play 4 AFL Reserves with full lists) to get wooden spoon. Couldn't kick straight, didn't go for hard balls and turnovers were the norm. Sadly missing Jason Roe and shaun Tapp and Kenrick Tyrell in ruck. they have a few to come back in but they wil be nowhere near the team of last year. In saying that Broadbeach looked very well coached and disciplined which is a real credit to them.

Labrador will struggle, Morningside poor kicking kept them close (absolutely murdered in reserves- 21 goals loss) so what is more worrying is their depth. Heard Aspley reserves lost by 15 goals at Southport so that is a worry long term for the season. Remember their Under 18 Academy players will be at the Lions far more often than Aspley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back