NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Matts hammy? Not sure yet.

Sounds like a great win with loss of key personal throughout the game.No bench for most of the game, strange officiating, 80 metre penalties, 40 min last quarter, better than a great win.

Will Corrie get suspended? It looked like he regretted it, but should be.

Lions get Drummond back this week?Maybe Maguire and X Clarke close.

Maybe I need to get a life but I just noticed that this week the 5 winners from round 1 play the 5 losers from round 1. If all results go a certain way you could have all teams on 1 win 1 loss after 2 games, or 5 teams undefeated and 5 yet to win. Either would be extremely rare.

If the second possibility happened it would mean that the Sharks would be 2 games out of the top 5, probably for the first time since they joined the state league.

Maybe I need to get a life but I just noticed that this week the 5 winners from round 1 play the 5 losers from round 1. If all results go a certain way you could have all teams on 1 win 1 loss after 2 games, or 5 teams undefeated and 5 yet to win. Either would be extremely rare.

If the second possibility happened it would mean that the Sharks would be 2 games out of the top 5, probably for the first time since they joined the state league.

in 2002 they had an 0=2 start i think and they made the gf and got flogged

Does anybody know why there is no Under 21's State game this year?

With the stunning deteriation of the the pathway program in the under 18's it has been a great safety net for young Queenslanders to showcase their talents.With the absolute debacle that was last years under 18's I would have thought it imperative to have continuity of this program into 2011.

The under 21's usually play the VAFA team and I read somewhere that there was a fixturing issue.

Shame they could not find another opponent. Even a representative team from the PHC or AFL Sydney could have been good. I am sure they would have tried to get a game for the under 21's.

The under 21's usually play the VAFA team and I read somewhere that there was a fixturing issue.

Shame they could not find another opponent. Even a representative team from the PHC or AFL Sydney could have been good. I am sure they would have tried to get a game for the under 21's.

Agree playing Sydney reserves would have been logical but with the foxtel cup oportunities to play might have been tight

Boys from Alice and Islands do not arrive in Darwin til late at night,way after training has finished for home games.Cam Illett hardly trains with team also as he works 3 hrs outside Darwin.Then if they miss the flights or get caught up fishing etc the coach has to ring around to find other players.I no for a fact Cam cannot ( due to work ) catch the fri arvo flight out of Darwin for the away games.He gets the midnight flight which arrives 7am Sat.Then he performs superbly a few hours later during the game.Should be playing AFL.
Tapp and 8 others who played on Sat didn't play club footy at all.Tapp had 2 training sessions under his belt before the Panthers game in Adel.
Hope you beat Broady this week as the club is running out of excuses.
Will Cannard be flown in this week to play 2s if not selected?

what excuses have the club and the people around the team made

Round 2 NEAFL Northern Conference

Labrador v Bris Lions Res
Aspley v Broadbeach
Mt Gravatt v Southport
NT Thunder v GC Suns Res
Redland v Morningside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 2 NEAFL Northern Conference

Aspley v Broadbeach
Mt Gravatt v Southport
NT Thunder v GC Suns Res
Redland v Morningside

Aspley v Broadbeach
Mt Gravatt v Southport
NT Thunder v GC Suns Res
Redland v Morningside

Labrador by 2 goals (bit of a coin flip this one)
Mt Gravatt by 5 goals (were good last week, Sharks underdone)
Broadbeach by 5 goals (Aspley to be very competitive but Cats in good form)
NT by 10 goals (no McLeod but still a tough to beat in Darwin)
Morningside by 4 goals (Rogers a good inclusion)

I got 2 from 5 last week as howard77

tigers 4 points
vultures 21 points
broadbeach 55 points
thunder 76 points
panthers 11 points

Broady by 55 in the wet?

Lions as Labrador will miss Clark and Shattock.Mcauley huge inclusion for Brisbane
Vultures.Will Morro be driven around the ground in a car before the game thanking the supporters for putting up with his crap on field?
Nt.Unbeatable in Darwin.Suns have 2 players from their academy as top up players.Good luck to them
Broady in a toss up due to the weather conditions.Hooper and Fulton big inclusions.Bigger bodies may prevail.Did Cannard from Aspley miss the plane from Darwin as not included on bench this week?
Panthers in tough one.Weather may stop Redlands run.Will Rogers play or have 1 more week on training paddock as plays his old team in Eastlake next week

Broady by 55 in the wet?

Lions as Labrador will miss Clark and Shattock.Mcauley huge inclusion for Brisbane
Vultures.Will Morro be driven around the ground in a car before the game thanking the supporters for putting up with his crap on field?
Nt.Unbeatable in Darwin.Suns have 2 players from their academy as top up players.Good luck to them
Broady in a toss up due to the weather conditions.Hooper and Fulton big inclusions.Bigger bodies may prevail.Did Cannard from Aspley miss the plane from Darwin as not included on bench this week?
Panthers in tough one.Weather may stop Redlands run.Will Rogers play or have 1 more week on training paddock as plays his old team in Eastlake next week

i have seen teams win by a 100 in the wet. so it isn't impossible

Labrador v Bris Lions Res by 4 goals
Aspley v Broadbeach by 8 goals
Mt Gravatt v Southport by 1 goal
NT Thunder v GC Suns Res by 6 goals
Redland v Morningside by 4 goals

the vultures were fantastic today over an unimpressive southport line up.

vultures look the good whilst the sharks look as though they will even struggle to make the play offs....after Broady touched them up last week, I went thinking this would be a tough game, but they were never in the hunt:

word from Dittmer Park was that Labrador beat the Lions by 3 goals but suffered massive injuries including Notting and that Broadbeach ultimately got over Aspley by 9 points....nothing on web sites as ast 8pm....any other news or updates..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back