NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure Shaun Tapp has 2 premierships under his belt.Good move as it stands.Travis Johnstone should be close to Francis.Got recruited on huge coin and spent most it in coaches box as couldn't get a kick.Can Aspleys young guns look up to him this year if last years playing performances are anything to go by?Aspleys other leaders produce on field except when regularly arguing with umpires and costing them games,2011 at least.Francis must be able to sell oil to the arabs.His coaching record very dim especially with the lists he had at Redlands in his time.He must love all the recruits he has had over his coaching career

For the first time ever I agree with your comments esp about Francis.

For the first time ever I agree with your comments esp about Francis.

Likewise I am somewhat taken aback in agreement with staminade. On field discipline definitely needs to improve so tight losses become tight wins and the youngsters aren't misled about what conduct is appropriate and required.

intertesting to see that grange lost hard nosed back pocketer sam "dukes" mitchell to byron bay over the summer. but at training during the week i spotted his best mate and ex lara junior goal kicking machine matt 'tbird" trethowan. rarely misses

intertesting to see that grange lost hard nosed back pocketer sam "dukes" mitchell to byron bay over the summer. but at training during the week i spotted his best mate and ex lara junior goal kicking machine matt 'tbird" trethowan. rarely misses

Wrong board mate. Head over to SEAFLQ Premier Div board. Gorillas have recruited heavily from all reports.

Good get...Neagle and Eagle up forward will be pretty strong!

See the neafl website article by Terry Wilson (gold coast bulletin ) today confirming Broadbeachs signing of Jay Neagle,Nick Stockdale (labrador) for starters.
other recruits mentioned are Everington and Urie.Have both played at VFL levels with Box Hill and Geelong respectively.Have both won league B@F and club B@F(in strong surburan leagues) and represented Victorian country in the state championships.Everington,of smaller height and build... a similiar type player to Zorko.Urie, a class act, very skilled,exceptional overhead mark, and goalkicking on ball player.
Also mentioned were guys by the name of Snook and Eastwell from Busselton in W.A.Dont know much about Snook ..have heard that he is a good hard defender type player.As for Eastwell, well he has a impressive resume... played seniors for WAFL club ,East Perth in 2010, returned home to Busselton in 2011 where he came 2nd in the clubs B@F and 5th in the league B@f.
With the only major losses being Zorko and Walton, and maintaining the majority of their required playing list of 2011, and the clubs securing of these quality recruits,..
well,.. u would think The Cats will be right up there this year.
And thats a breath of fresh air for the league.

See the neafl website article by Terry Wilson (gold coast bulletin ) today confirming Broadbeachs signing of Jay Neagle,Nick Stockdale (labrador) for starters.
other recruits mentioned are Everington and Urie.Have both played at VFL levels with Box Hill and Geelong respectively.Have both won league B@F and club B@F(in strong surburan leagues) and represented Victorian country in the state championships.Everington,of smaller height and build... a similiar type player to Zorko.Urie, a class act, very skilled,exceptional overhead mark, and goalkicking on ball player.
Also mentioned were guys by the name of Snook and Eastwell from Busselton in W.A.Dont know much about Snook ..have heard that he is a good hard defender type player.As for Eastwell, well he has a impressive resume... played seniors for WAFL club ,East Perth in 2010, returned home to Busselton in 2011 where he came 2nd in the clubs B@F and 5th in the league B@f.
With the only major losses being Zorko and Walton, and maintaining the majority of their required playing list of 2011, and the clubs securing of these quality recruits,..
well,.. u would think The Cats will be right up there this year.
And thats a breath of fresh air for the league.

On the subject, any more news on possilble player movement. We have heard plenty about Aspley.... recruiting some excellent players, but loosing a lot of quality players as well.
Redland, from all reports, may will decline in performance, Thunder...,can they improve.(hope not). unknown..still should be the right up there, but I feel will drop back a level (which still means they can win another flag by the way)''',simply for the loss of a very very good coach..(whom is a potential afl coach).. I think The Suns may play a bigger role this year.

On the subject, any more news on possilble player movement. We have heard plenty about Aspley.... recruiting some excellent players, but loosing a lot of quality players as well.
Redland, from all reports, may will decline in performance, Thunder...,can they improve.(hope not). unknown..still should be the right up there, but I feel will drop back a level (which still means they can win another flag by the way)''',simply for the loss of a very very good coach..(whom is a potential afl coach).. I think The Suns may play a bigger role this year.
Neagle is a good get for this competition.
Why did Stockdale leave Labrador? Thought he was a good player for them?
Have heard that Broadbeach have lost a few more than maybe we all know about!

Riodj, would like to know who are the departures, Can you provide any names.?( not doubting your quote by the way). I think the Cats still have a couple more recruits to announce by the way.(on top of the NEAFL website report by Terry Wilson last week.)

I've done a little digging around and apparently he was given some sort of ultimatum at Labrador. Obviously he didn't want to hear it and left. Word is 'good player' questionable attitude. Any lab insiders confirm or deny?

Aspley has been a powerhouse junior club due to the fact there rego fees have been subsidised through the Aspley club itself if this is wrong please let everyone know and the cost of rego there and say a club like cabolture interesting to know and also how many ex pat vics and Sa people who have come to QLD have there kids at the club due to there on going success
If a kid is 18/19 and is serious about his football and has a breath of talent if he is not playing senior football even at reserve standard this is were the clubs need to develop qld juniors
There are a few Qld 18s that shouldnt play senior football here or anywhere not at least for the next 3 years the so called project players if they are such a project employe them full time and coach them at aflqld footballs expense dont dictate to the clubs that they have to be played
more imports better comp is this not what we want some kind of showcase that is far more enjoyable to watch than that qld rugby league

Aspley has been a powerhouse junior club due to the fact there rego fees have been subsidised through the Aspley club itself if this is wrong please let everyone know and the cost of rego there and say a club like cabolture interesting to know and also how many ex pat vics and Sa people who have come to QLD have there kids at the club due to there on going success
If a kid is 18/19 and is serious about his football and has a breath of talent if he is not playing senior football even at reserve standard this is were the clubs need to develop qld juniors
There are a few Qld 18s that shouldnt play senior football here or anywhere not at least for the next 3 years the so called project players if they are such a project employe them full time and coach them at aflqld footballs expense dont dictate to the clubs that they have to be played
more imports better comp is this not what we want some kind of showcase that is far more enjoyable to watch than that qld rugby league

Try sentences with punctuation. Struggling to understand what your point is about?

February this week..thank god.....means cricket is coming to an end and we get closer to football action....Am guessing there will be practice games kicking off by mid February - intra Club anyway - and watching them will be certainy better than watching cricket!!!....Is there a fixture of official inter club games out as yet?

Maurie FYI

Round One – Saturday 3rd March 2012
Venue – Labrador Football Club
Matches:
Labrador Vs Southport Reserves 9.00am
Labrador Vs Southport Seniors 11.15am
Broadbeach Vs Redland Seniors 1.15pm
Broadbeach Vs Redland Reserves 3.30pm
*Senior games are back to back
Round One – Saturday 3rd March 2012
Venue – Yeronga
Matches:
Mt Gravatt Vs TBC Reserves 11.00am
Mt Gravatt Vs Lions Seniors 1.15pm*
Morningside Vs Aspley Seniors 3.30pm*
Morningside Vs Aspley Reserves 5.30pm
Round Two – Sunday 11th March 2012
Venue – Yeronga
Matches:
Back Oval Mt Gravatt Vs Broadbeach Reserves 10.00am
Main Oval Apsley Vs Southport Reserves 10.00am
Back Oval Mt Gravatt Vs Broadbeach Seniors 12.15pm*
Main Oval Aspley Vs Southport Seniors 12.15pm*
Back Oval Morningside Vs Lions Seniors 2.30pm*
Main Oval Labrador Vs Redland Seniors 2.30pm*
Back Oval Morningside Vs TBC Reserves 4.45pm
Main Oval Labrador Vs Redland Reserves 4.45pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi im trying to find out where ex afl players go after they are off afl list . so im looking to know if any ex afl listed or rookie players are playing in your competition? hopefully someone can help me

from 2011, not the Suns or Lions.

Mt Gravatt: C.Smith Freo,A.Proud Bris, G Grose Port,
NT Thunder: A.Mcleod Adel,
Aspley: R.Copeland Bris,
Labrador: T Knobel Rich, A Shattock Port, T Notting Bris,T Grayson GC*, M Gugliotta GC*.
Redland: D Dzufer Bris, S Clouston Bris,T Johnstone Bris, A Corrie Coll,
Broadbeach: R Hooper Haw,
Southport: C Hughes Rich, D Putt Rich,
Morningside: A Spackman Bris, A Lucy Ess,A Rogers Syd,

Not sure on B Howard Redlands (for anyone else) was he on St Kilda list?

* GC were in the VFL when on list.

3 Caloundra boys in that list alone LAB - unbelievable for a club that has not played any higher than Div 2 PHC for the past decade.

hi im trying to find out where ex afl players go after they are off afl list . so im looking to know if any ex afl listed or rookie players are playing in your competition? hopefully someone can help me
Thanks LaB, good list.

For Aspley I think you can include T. Johnson (Melb/Bris), J. Stanley (GC), B. Carroll (Essendon).

from 2011, not the Suns or Lions.

Mt Gravatt: C.Smith Freo,A.Proud Bris, G Grose Port,
NT Thunder: A.Mcleod Adel,
Aspley: R.Copeland Bris,
Labrador: T Knobel Rich, A Shattock Port, T Notting Bris,T Grayson GC*, M Gugliotta GC*.
Redland: D Dzufer Bris, S Clouston Bris,T Johnstone Bris, A Corrie Coll,
Broadbeach: R Hooper Haw,
Southport: C Hughes Rich, D Putt Rich,
Morningside: A Spackman Bris, A Lucy Ess,A Rogers Syd,

Not sure on B Howard Redlands (for anyone else) was he on St Kilda list?

* GC were in the VFL when on list.
Is Mcleod still at NT? he has taken a coaching position with Norwood. I'd have thought that would mean the end of his NT playing days as well?

Interesting about McLeod. Who else has NT lost? There was a rumour that Ewing wast playing there this year..anyone got the mail on this?

Just to clarify guys, I put who played last year.

Changes this year could also include Shattock retiring and Putt leaving and Neagle signing with Broadbeach but as the season hadn't been played stuck to the facts as they are known, I am sure he asked for who was playing in the league.

With apologies to W Mills Bris at Southport.

So this list will update this year!

Just to clarify guys, I put who played last year.

Changes this year could also include Shattock retiring and Putt leaving and Neagle signing with Broadbeach but as the season hadn't been played stuck to the facts as they are known, I am sure he asked for who was playing in the league.

With apologies to W Mills Bris at Southport.

So this list will update this year!

Rusca and Roberts for nt were on afl lists at some point as well I think.

Also agree with Maurie, looking forward to footy. Getting over the cricket watching an average Aussie team flogging a over the hill Indian team that doesn't give a s**t.

Labrador looking a bit better than I thought based on what's written on neafl website. Unlikely for finals though IMO.

Interested also in foxtel cup and how suns, lions, gws go. Bring on footy.

mounties will finish top 2
Would have learnt alot about were they need to be at the buisness end
redlands to end up near the tail with labrador and Morningside
Broadbeach southport GC and NT to make up top 5
Aspley and Lions to just miss out
This will solely depend on Injuries and depth in the lists
All teams best 22 will be competitve against each other

See Broadbeach have just announced another quality recruit. His name is Brad Wilson,a 22 year old onballer from West Gambier in the Western Border league.He has played in the clubs back to back flags in 2010 /2011.Was their best and fairest in 2010 and represented the VCFL side against the VAFL in 2011 being awarded BOG for that match.At a club level in 2011, played 18 games and kicked 79 goals.
Geez, they have picked up some quality recruits, and even if they have lost a few to Palm Beach/Surfers ( and who that few is ,well we dont know about yet), I would say at the moment, their recruits far outweigh their losses.
Go Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back