NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I must have wrong info...heard the lad was from Palm Beach....what number was he at Southport last year or did he play in southports under 18's ?
Yes Maurie, you did hear right there are 2 U18 Boys form Palm Beach now with Broady Wilson & Burton

I must have wrong info...heard the lad was from Palm Beach....what number was he at Southport last year or did he play in southports under 18's ?
Hopkins played reserves at Southport Last year. Promising midfielder.

I stand corrected he was not poached - apparently he chose to go there off his own back due to work or something and being good mates with a few of the other Broadbeach academy players.

Yes Maurie, you did hear right there are 2 U18 Boys form Palm Beach now with Broady Wilson & Burton

Both young players needed to go to a state league club and chose Broady after training a couple of times with them. Good for their development to be training and playing at a higher standard. Not sure if they entertained other clubs but it is a good reflection on the Cats that a number of Academy players have chosen them as their state league club.

Should improve the depth of the senior squad which has been abysmal for the last 5 years.

Well Doomesdayers...went to yeronga today and watched the vultures rip apart the lions today... Yes some doubt about the opposition...but the vultures were excellent....looking forward to a big year...stayed for Aspley - morningside, expecting a convincing Aspley win but the panthers won in a reasonable standard match..Aspley more scoring shots..surprised to see Redlands - Broadbeach arrive to play an extra game so stayed for a while....pissed down...turned match into a raffle..but have to say the intensity was impressive...left at three quarter time after getting drenched..not much in it...Redlands with far more scoring shots....obvious to me that every match is going to be tough! Can't wait for the season to start!

Well Doomesdayers...went to yeronga today and watched the vultures rip apart the lions today... Yes some doubt about the opposition...but the vultures were excellent....looking forward to a big year...stayed for Aspley - morningside, expecting a convincing Aspley win but the panthers won in a reasonable standard match..Aspley more scoring shots..surprised to see Redlands - Broadbeach arrive to play an extra game so stayed for a while....pissed down...turned match into a raffle..but have to say the intensity was impressive...left at three quarter time after getting drenched..not much in it...Redlands with far more scoring shots....obvious to me that every match is going to be tough! Can't wait for the season to start!

Lions had 4 rookie players.Rest made up of Academy players and Magpies.

Bevan and Stanley did not play.They will be hard to beat once they jell.May be in trouble if Reid is injured,didn't appear to much depth in the ruck area,but it is only 1st game of the year.

I can assure you Chicka they have a problem with Ruckman, Reid is there only one with credentials. Unless they have someone walk off the street it may really hurt them. It's great to have a crack midfield but if they can't get first use it means they will have to work even harder.

Anyone that is looking into the future of the season on the results of this weekend would be dumb or have a crystal ball. Does anyone know who Poyas is playing for?

bballscout, word from the club is its a done deal so to speak.Has accolades as you mentioned and in 2011 won the leagues b & f in the Southern football league playing with St Kilda City.
The Cats have gained some quality recruits and these gains far outweigh their losses .IMO,( as a comparsion to other clubs) their gains against losses are a mile ahead.In addition to this, they have maintained the majority of their required playing list, including the up and coming youngsters.
Look out for Broadbeach this year..

Scroll back a page : :)

bballscout, word from the club is its a done deal so to speak.Has accolades as you mentioned and in 2011 won the leagues b & f in the Southern football league playing with St Kilda City.
The Cats have gained some quality recruits and these gains far outweigh their losses .IMO,( as a comparsion to other clubs) their gains against losses are a mile ahead.In addition to this, they have maintained the majority of their required playing list, including the up and coming youngsters.
Look out for Broadbeach this year..

Back 1 page mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevan and Stanley did not play.They will be hard to beat once they jell.May be in trouble if Reid is injured,didn't appear to much depth in the ruck area,but it is only 1st game of the year.
Seems Morningside short of Ruckman as well - thought Ryan Johnson did a good job overall for his first senior game on Sun, but having him doing some ruckwork, even as a fill in in a practice match, means ruck stocks are limited...

Seems Morningside short of Ruckman as well - thought Ryan Johnson did a good job overall for his first senior game on Sun, but having him doing some ruckwork, even as a fill in in a practice match, means ruck stocks are limited...

Mollison was pretty good last year I thought. Is he still around. Wolbers any chance of developing into a senior footballer?

Mollison was pretty good last year I thought. Is he still around. Wolbers any chance of developing into a senior footballer?
Understand Mollison still around but injured - not sure what. Wolbers still training with Brisbane 18's - how far he goes with that will influence how much he will play with morningside in next few months. Sure he will be working hard at club level - opportunities there if hes good enough.

Any reason why D Stevens has left club and signed with Redlands.Reid may follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back