Aspley v Southport

Morningside v Brisbane Lions

A loss for all home sides...???

Sydney Swans- too many listed players for the thunder to cope with
Labrador - suns injuries and playing on the Labrador bog heap
Broadbeach - Poyas
Southport - class
Brisbane Lions - by heaps

I noticed that ex Redland, Mt Gravatt, Qld Junior and Morningside Senior player Lee Spurr has been elevated to the Dockers Senior list - the Freo website claims he is a South Australian which is probably right as he left the AFLQ system like some others - Osborne (Hawthorn) ETC as soon as he could drive a car - says a lot for his comitment to footy to reach the the senior list at 24 years of age, well done Spurry I hope you Brain them.

The list managers for our 2 Qld clubs must have blinkers on, talk about a ready made mature age recruit now playing in WA - I suppose thats why they are at the bottom end of the ladder with no idea and no depth.

The scary part is there are a lot of players like him in the current NEAFL System that will never, ever get the chance - Go South young men and play the game where it really counts and if you are good enough you will get your turn to shine.

I noticed that ex Redland, Mt Gravatt, Qld Junior and Morningside Senior player Lee Spurr has been elevated to the Dockers Senior list - the Freo website claims he is a South Australian which is probably right as he left the AFLQ system like some others - Osborne (Hawthorn) ETC as soon as he could drive a car - says a lot for his comitment to footy to reach the the senior list at 24 years of age, well done Spurry I hope you Brain them.

The list managers for our 2 Qld clubs must have blinkers on, talk about a ready made mature age recruit now playing in WA - I suppose thats why they are at the bottom end of the ladder with no idea and no depth.

The scary part is there are a lot of players like him in the current NEAFL System that will never, ever get the chance - Go South young men and play the game where it really counts and if you are good enough you will get your turn to shine.

he spent 5 seasons at centrals and he played some good football. he nearly came home. he nearly won last years grand final off his own back last year. good luck to him

Round 6

NT Thunder v Sydney Swans
28-Apr
7pm
TIO - Darwin
Labrador v Gold Coast Suns
28-Apr
1.30pm
Cooke-Murphy Res
Broadbeach v Mt Gravatt
28-Apr
1.30pm
H & A Oval
Aspley v Southport
28-Apr
1.30pm
Graham Rd.
29-Apr
1.30pm
Esplen Oval

My Tips

Lions
Southport
Broadbeach
Swans
Suns

Some great matchups this weekend, in particular thunder/swans and tigers/suns. Tips:

Labrador over Gold Coast, Suns with 16 listed players still but at home Tigers will be hungrier for the win.

Southport over Aspley, Sharks just a bit more balanced at this stage.

Broadbeach over Mt Gravatt, no Proud for Vultures and Poyas/Stockdale/Eagle all ins for the Cats.

Brisbane over Morningside, Zorko/Harwood/Sheldon all ins for Bris.

NT over Sydney, Swans look solid on paper but up there thunder too tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting match preview regarding Labrador. Very true with the lack of changes over the first 5 weeks but it is little known that there is 3-4 automatic senior footballers that are yet to play through late start to the season and injury.

Good round of footy this week, most could go either way. Swans look very strong on paper, i'd say they will be very hard to beat, even in Darwin.

Round 6

NT Thunder v Sydney Swans
28-Apr
7pm
TIO - Darwin
Labrador v Gold Coast Suns
28-Apr
1.30pm
Cooke-Murphy Res
Broadbeach v Mt Gravatt
28-Apr
1.30pm
H & A Oval
Aspley v Southport
28-Apr
1.30pm
Graham Rd.
29-Apr
1.30pm
Esplen Oval

Thunder.
Broadbeach.
Southport.Screech/Devine to tag the crap out of Payne?
Labrador
Lions.ThunderDoc theory in not tipping your team.See if it works

NT- only lost once up there so for that reason I tip the Thunder by 4 goals

Labrador to set up their season by winning by 2 goals playing a weakened Suns on a smelly wet Cooke Murphy.

Cats to beat Vultures by 5 goals. Both sides struggling a bit but without proud and at H & A the Cats should prevail.

Premiership favourites Southport over Aspley in what should be a good game by a kick or 2 only.

Lions to keep Morningside winless convincingly. Good to see Zorko back. Will be in the seniors in a month if his body holds up. Panthers likely for the spoon and may only win a couple of games all year which will be a shock to them as they have made the finals pretty much every year for as long as I can remember.

For mine this is the best round of the year so far and pretty hard to tip.

filthy when some of these well paid players decide to take a vacation in the middle of the football season.......
Are you taling about Albert?A certain player might get more of a vacation if the news is true about the boys in blue?

NT- only lost once up there so for that reason I tip the Thunder by 4 goals

Labrador to set up their season by winning by 2 goals playing a weakened Suns on a smelly wet Cooke Murphy.

Cats to beat Vultures by 5 goals. Both sides struggling a bit but without proud and at H & A the Cats should prevail.

Premiership favourites Southport over Aspley in what should be a good game by a kick or 2 only.

Lions to keep Morningside winless convincingly. Good to see Zorko back. Will be in the seniors in a month if his body holds up. Panthers likely for the spoon and may only win a couple of games all year which will be a shock to them as they have made the finals pretty much every year for as long as I can remember.

For mine this is the best round of the year so far and pretty hard to tip.

Flippers check.Snorkle check(been quiet our friend Snorkle).Rain coats check for todays games.Low scoring affairs I imagine.
Lions would have won by 200 against fat,slow Panthers.Win by 50 plus now due to weather.Good to see my good mate Tink on debut.
Southport,to strong in these conditions.Will be a close one obviously.
Broadbeach.Year of the Cat
NT.Always hard to beat in top end.
Suns in toss of coin.Lab win would not surprise.

Interesting match preview regarding Labrador. Very true with the lack of changes over the first 5 weeks but it is little known that there is 3-4 automatic senior footballers that are yet to play through late start to the season and injury.

Good round of footy this week, most could go either way. Swans look very strong on paper, i'd say they will be very hard to beat, even in Darwin.
Your reserve grade team will be very happy in getting back senior players when these so called automatic players front up.They are terrible.Your blokes are travelling along very nicely but a few inj like last year and down the table you slide.

Pheiffer another one.Would have been a more than handy player for Suns or Lions.Went back to SA after a year with Southport and landed a gig with Port.Thought he was more than handy in last weeks game for Port on debut.

Cats vultures game postponed to 1130 am tomorrow due to the ground being under water. Cooke Murphy would only be worse so I could imagine that game going ahead as scheduled. Don't know what it is like in brissie but it has pissed down for hours here on the coast.

Cats vultures game postponed to 1130 am tomorrow due to the ground being under water. Cooke Murphy would only be worse so I couldnt imagine that game going ahead as scheduled. Don't know what it is like in brissie but it has pissed down for hours here on the coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back