NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he does play well.....but simply dont believe him to be the best available ruckman in the comp. Anyway...what woud I know...lol...all I can tell you from what I have seen against the Vultures, Brewer;s effort back in round 6 , was instrumental in the Cats rather large victory. Would have had him ahead of Thurlow who was average against us in Round 4.....good luck to the kid..but really...????

Maurie, agree with you.Brewer should be in .... no doubt about it.

Maurie, agree with you.Brewer should be in .... no doubt about it.

The boy can certainly play, he just needs to loose a few more kilo's and he will be a star at NEAFL & or even at the AFL level (lots of interest by many clubs apparentley) - but good padocks are hard to get out of, the gate has been opened lots of time for me but I just keep going back and I then again find it hard to leave, trust me - thus the post name.

Stuyd,

Not being a smart arse back - but according to the NEAFL web site club lists, Aspley show 37 players out of a list of 60 from Aspley and the surrounding areas IE Kedron, & Sandgate playing at the club - Broadbeach show 19 from 60, this shows that Aspley are using their juniors and other talented kids from the surrounding areas very well and most when ready will get their opportunity, this in time will enable the club to be a very formidable opponent going forward.

Enjoy your wins while you can, as I can hear the train (with a lot of local talent on board) comming in the not too future distance and it will take a lot of stopping when it gets to your station.
For starters,Thomson for example is listed according to the monthly footy record as being from Aspley.WRONG.Davis from Aspley also.WRONG.
Your train has de railed...AGAIN

Thurlow is 18/19. I guess the coaches have been instructed to play him as he would be a lock for the draft come November.

Was at the game for first qtr. NSW look ok in person. Took QLD off guard with an early 3 goal lead. All qld now though, could well be a 100+ win.

i was at both games today. Massive blowout for the rep side, looked lethargic and hardly in it from 2nd quarter. A few "stars" not stepping up. Me thinks its time for the selectors to look again. This squad just not strong enough.

The Under 21's gave a better show, but again came up short in a few key positions. There is better talent in this age group throughout the eastern conference, need to look and find them.

Congrats to the QLD sides.

Still say the concept of a QLD vs WAFL side is the go. As our standard increases ( as shown last year we only lost by a goal to the WAFL in 2011), these games give us a better insight to how we rate.

i think the scorline shows where both conferences are at. next years state game will be worth watching when the sanfl come to town

NTh Conf put a strong team out there today, and as much as we reckon the powers that be favour Southport players etc, there can be no doubt Cotter and co. are doing a lot of things right. In the end the Southport blokes in the side justified their selections. For mine Wise was BOG (didn't actually get in the best), you got to like the way Baxter plays and Thurlow did ok in the ruck. Well done to all involved.

It is not ideal for the whole NEAFL concept though. I am sure when it was all thought of the belief would have been that both conferences would be about equal. Clearly not the case.

The quality of performance out there today makes me think that they will not be embarrassed against the SANFL. Game is in Adelaide next year unfortunately which makes it harder. A warm day at Fankhauser, and you would reckon the NTh Conf could give the SANFL a run for their money, less likely down there.

NTh Conf put a strong team out there today, and as much as we reckon the powers that be favour Southport players etc, there can be no doubt Cotter and co. are doing a lot of things right. In the end the Southport blokes in the side justified their selections. For mine Wise was BOG (didn't actually get in the best), you got to like the way Baxter plays and Thurlow did ok in the ruck. Well done to all involved.

It is not ideal for the whole NEAFL concept though. I am sure when it was all thought of the belief would have been that both conferences would be about equal. Clearly not the case.

The quality of performance out there today makes me think that they will not be embarrassed against the SANFL. Game is in Adelaide next year unfortunately which makes it harder. A warm day at Fankhauser, and you would reckon the NTh Conf could give the SANFL a run for their money, less likely down there.

i thought next years state game is up here

For starters,Thomson for example is listed according to the monthly footy record as being from Aspley.WRONG.Davis from Aspley also.WRONG.
Your train has de railed...AGAIN

staminade,

I think if you check, you will find that Thompson played in an under 12 premiership side with Aspley then moved to Sandgate with Huges and Bevan to follow a former Aspley coach two years later - it was a good move for those 3 as they are the only ones playing NEAFL seniors today out of that junior premiership side, not sure on Doc Davis but I am sure he was either a junior at Aspley or not far from their. Toot, Toot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Aspley loosing quality youth? Rutledge and Crook so far, and a few more from the rumblings. Can someone put there finger on the main issues? Apart from the $$$$ for unseen interstaters, and the lack of quality juniors developed by the club, surely its more than that.

Why is Aspley loosing quality youth? Rutledge and Crook so far, and a few more from the rumblings. Can someone put there finger on the main issues? Apart from the $$$$ for unseen interstaters, and the lack of quality juniors developed by the club, surely its more than that.
Where has Crook gone? Thought He played in the reserves a couple of weeks ago?

staminade,

I think if you check, you will find that Thompson played in an under 12 premiership side with Aspley then moved to Sandgate with Huges and Bevan to follow a former Aspley coach two years later - it was a good move for those 3 as they are the only ones playing NEAFL seniors today out of that junior premiership side, not sure on Doc Davis but I am sure he was either a junior at Aspley or not far from their. Toot, Toot.
davis is from western magpies as too s.tapp (nt) d.bonney (mside) r.holman (mside) and a.scott (mtg) so dont get me started about record listings.....

Permanent if they will clear him
I'd be surprised if they don't clear him and thank him and his father for their past efforts at the club. I hear Mum was the one that made the final call to move though. Let's hope the youngster gets another chance at a NEAFL club wherever that may be. Morningside is my bet. I'm a little surprised that he's not headed to the Panthers now. They've approached a couple of the Aspley SEQAFL 2 spleyars who have asked the club for a release to try their luck in NEAFL. Are the Panthers struggling for numbers Chikka?

I'd be surprised if they don't clear him and thank him and his father for their past efforts at the club. I hear Mum was the one that made the call to move though. Let's hope the youngster gets another chance at a NEAFL club wherever that may be. Morningside is my bet. I'm a little surprised that he's not headed to the Panthers now. They've approached a couple of the Aspley SEQAFL 2 spleyars who have asked the club for a release to try their luck in NEAFL. Are the Panthers struggling for numbers Chikka?
The 2 players approched Morningside as they wanted to play State League.Get your facts strait.As for the reason these 2 players plus a host of others have left the club and will leave, look with in yourselves.You are pretty good with numbers.And for a certain staffer to complain these players left is a joke.Players thought they could play at a higher level,you blokes obviously didn't.Morningside traditionally gives kids a go if they are keen to play at Esplen Oval..

The 2 players approched Morningside as they wanted to play State League.Get your facts strait.As for the reason these 2 players plus a host of others have left the club and will leave, look with in yourselves.You are pretty good with numbers.And for a certain staffer to complain these players left is a joke.Players thought they could play at a higher level,you blokes obviously didn't.Morningside traditionally gives kids a go if they are keen to play at Esplen Oval..

Amazed at Dogmatic's comments Chicka as most poeple know who he is. It's how most are treated at the club by the sounds of it. They aparently had a 20 year re-union on Sat and nothing was organised. There coach of that year only got notified on Thursday, only about six turned up as alot had not been contacted. I hope they and others:D get cleared, it's not about money all the time. Good on the Panthers.

Whoa Chikka ... steady on. Not having a go by any means here. Was simply making conversation based on what is always footy gossip and therefore unreliable. I didn;t say they were facts. My question about numbers was out of genuine concern. This is a discussion page isn't it?

As for giving kids a go, have a look at our palying lists. I don't think the latest barrages are warranted in that respect. I can't say why these two didn't make the cut. That's down to the coach. I'm not even sure of both were actually involved in the NEAFL pre-season squad??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back