Universal Love Neale Daniher (Freeze MND) - Donate to the cause #freezemnd

Remove this Banner Ad

BIG FREEZE AT THE G.png

Was surprised when i thought that we didn't have a thread for this. I feel that it definitely warrants one.

Lets show our support for the Rev.
He's fighting a very courageous battle and he knows it's one he can't win but hopefully his vision for a world without MND comes true one day and that all the work he's been doing is a turning point in developing a cure that can defeat "The Beast".

I can't go but hopefully we get a good turn up for the game on monday, regardless of what people think the match outcome will be. I also hope that the fund raising doesn't stop once monday has passed.

To donate SMS #freeze to 0400 064 064

Don't forget to hashtag #freezemnd in you posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell you what seeing him talk to the boys made me feel like an ignorant piece of Sh!t. Certainly has opened my eyes well and truly on what exactly the disease does. Such a great man, gosh I loved him as a coach, cried the day I found out he was leaving (still at school) and i'm fairly sure i cried like many of the players did when we let it slip in the last minute against the dons in his last game, I still remember Robbo and Nietz arms rapped around him holding tears back whilst the rest of the playing group dawdled behind red eyed and devastated. Meanwhile The reverend in the middle of it was smiling and telling jokes tying to cheer the boys up, and he still holds the same traits and characteristics even now. Tell you what haven't teared up in a while but come Monday I may do just that. What a man.

I tell you what seeing him talk to the boys made me feel like an ignorant piece of Sh!t.

Don't be hard on yourself , we can all be a little ignorant until things confront us and opens our eyes/ears and hearts to tragic circumstances .

you can see why your Dees went out there in that Bulldogs game and played like committed 'possessed ' men after Neales inspiring but heartbreaking speech, the looks on the boys faces said it all:cry:, while trying not to break down and show respect for Neales plight, much respect for the Melbourne boys after being privileged to be a witness to that inner sanctum heart felt plea, it also shows why Melbourne had such a letdown against Port the week after, the mental drain of honouring Neale must have been too physically draining to maintain.

from the outside I've always liked and respected Neale, watching his battle with courage and dignity has enforced my admiration and respect , heartbreaking shame watching him withering away when he is so full of life

:hearts:

It's a huge shame that it's taken such a terrible illness to get this man back in the MFC fold (and back in the public spotlight). The way he's turning a sad journey in to an inspiring journey is so admirable.

He's the last person to deserve this adversity but the silver lining is he had it in his playing career and he's had it in his coaching career and both times whilst he might not have had ultimate success he certainly managed significant achievements.

That's what he'll do with this disease. He won't beat it. He won't win it all. But he'll make a substantial difference. Steve Gleason a former NFL player is already doing a great job in the US. With Neale doing the same in Australia that means 2 of the best medical research communities in the world are working on this due to former 'football' players. They're going to make a difference and if everyone donates then you'll get to be part of it, that's pretty exciting stuff.

I tell you what seeing him talk to the boys made me feel like an ignorant piece of Sh!t. Certainly has opened my eyes well and truly on what exactly the disease does. Such a great man, gosh I loved him as a coach, cried the day I found out he was leaving (still at school) and i'm fairly sure i cried like many of the players did when we let it slip in the last minute against the dons in his last game, I still remember Robbo and Nietz arms rapped around him holding tears back whilst the rest of the playing group dawdled behind red eyed and devastated. Meanwhile The reverend in the middle of it was smiling and telling jokes tying to cheer the boys up, and he still holds the same traits and characteristics even now. Tell you what haven't teared up in a while but come Monday I may do just that. What a man.

Great post.

By memory we were a mile down in that game at half time and Neita put in a herculean performance that night with a knee injury that he would have been subbed out of very early in the game with these days. Refused to come off the ground for the Rev's final game, played through the pain, limping and all. We fought all the way back to lead but lost in the final seconds to a Scott Lucas (?) goal. It wasn't the result we wanted but about as proud as you could be as a supporter in a loss.

That game showed how much The Rev really meant to the players. Fair to say we haven't had a coach who has got the best out of our group since. I think the past 7 years has taught us to appreciate how great a coach he really was. Remember when he took over we were bottom of the ladder, 3 years later we made a Grand Final.

May The Rev get the most out of what he has left in his life, my prayers are with him.

Always been one of my favorite people in footy. Laughed the other night when he was on 360 the other night and he said "I'm very headstrong....you have to be to coach Melbourne. " Think the Freeze MND is a great initiative on Queens birthday; but would love to see Melbourne play Essendon each year for the Neale Daniher cup in the likely tragic event that he passes.

Great memories when he was coaching us despite the yoyo seasons we had. When we were on we could destroy teams under him. Also loved how enthusiastic he was, none of this 'competitive' crap in the media. For some reason I remember playing the Saints early one year and we were top of the table with them. He was on radio preaching about how good both teams were and the great weather, telling everyone to get off their arses and come to the g.

He was always like that hence the nickname I guess. Sad to see him like this, people should get along Monday.

I had the privilege of talking with Neale a few weeks back. He's truly inspirational, slefless and totally driven with this cause.

it's a credit to your club how much you've done behind the scenes to help get this event and whole awareness off the ground.

It's a great cause and it's brought out the good in a whole lot of people.

If I text to the number does it automatically donate $5? Or do I need to provide credit card details etc?

If I text to the number does it automatically donate $5? Or do I need to provide credit card details etc?
Not sure how the sms thing works but anyone can donate via the Freeze MND website.

Will go in for $25.

#freezemnd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raised over $450,000 after going on the footy show, which brings the total to $1,000,000. I must say i'm glad the media have put their differences aside for this cause, in the past i would not have thought channel 7 would have allowed Tim Watson onto the Footy show. Also shout out to Tim Watson who is working hard with the Neale to accomplish his goal.

I've started an equivalent thread on the Essendon board, and thank you to Crimson Azure for reminding me of this.

I have no idea if Essendon and Melbourne have any plans afoot to do something in acknowledgement of Neale, or this, when we play in five weeks' times, but I really hope we do.

I'm up for a Freeze MND Cup match between Melbourne and Essendon all money made goes to the MND fund.

Sheedy will get something going.

Don't forget to hashtag #freezemnd in you posts.

I'll do the global announcement tomorrow.

CA, do you want to start a thread on the main board? I'll sticky it and shove some art work into it too.

Ask people to tag too.

#freezeMND

EDIT: i see there's a thread on the main board - I've jazzed it up a bit.

Last edited:
I'm up for a Freeze MND Cup match between Melbourne and Essendon all money made goes to the MND fund.

Sheedy will get something going.

The event will become a regular for the Queens Birthday game.

I'll do the global announcement tomorrow.

CA, do you want to start a thread on the main board? I'll sticky it and shove some art work into it too.

Ask people to tag too.

#freezeMND

EDIT: i see there's a thread on the main board - I've jazzed it up a bit.
You are probably already planning this but linking all or even just the MB thread would be great.

Magpie Girl it might be worth you getting one of these threads started on your board also if you haven't already. Seeing you guys are involved too.
We've had one for a few days Crimson
Everyone's behind it, and him:rainbow:

I don't get emotional often but that was tough watching that interview

I just remember the way he used to be so bubbly in the media after games and the sorta guy you could talk to for hours

I was trying to do the gif but I couldn't get it to post of him running out of the coaches box after the win against the dogs in 05

Remove this Banner Ad

Back