Need advice from a handyperson

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello!

I was cleaning my house today and I tripped over one of my evil cats and landed on the wardrobe door which popped two hinges.
I was wondering if there was a way to fix it. I rent so i want to get it patched.
I'm pretty alright on the tools so if I get told what to do I can fix.

Attached pictures for reference.
20230609_143448.jpg 20230609_143451.jpg

If you're a renter, there's not going to me much you can do to rescue that door without your property manager wanting you to pay for it.

You could always make the argument that's it's cheap, garbage chipboard, so such a breakage should be considered normal wear and tear.

If you're a renter, there's not going to me much you can do to rescue that door without your property manager wanting you to pay for it.

You could always make the argument that's it's cheap, garbage chipboard, so such a breakage should be considered normal wear and tear.
I'm happy to pay for it, that's why I'm looking for advice to whether I can salvage it without needing a new door.

Get some Earls wood hardener from Bunnings $23.99 for a spray bottle of it. Spray it onto the exposed wood/fibre board. It takes a couple of days to fully harden the wood. Unscrew the hinge from the door. Use some Liquid Nails and glue the hinge back into the circular slot. The hinge is in two pieces, so stick the part that goes into the hole first. When it's set hard, reattach the door to the hinge.

Thanks heaps.

This will be my next weekend project.

Thanks heaps.

This will be my next weekend project.
You can buy a plate online which will fix it cheap.
s-l1600.jpg

Hinge Repair Plate For Cabinets Furniture Drawer Window Steel Plate. 7Y8 FAST

You can buy a plate online which will fix it cheap.
s-l1600.jpg

Hinge Repair Plate For Cabinets Furniture Drawer Window Steel Plate. 7Y8 FAST
Perfect. Thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back