Buying a PWC (Jetski/Waverunner)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
As title suggests, looking at buying a used PWC for a bit of family fun.

Needs to be 3 seater to tow tube etc.
Prefer naturally aspirated to avoid costly super charger maintenance/repairs.
Will be for use on freshwater lakes/rivers.
Looked into Yamaha and Seadoo, not sure about Kawasaki and Honda's.

Im a big guy, 6'3" 125kg so needs to be able to pull my weight plus observer with an 11yr old on a biscuit etc.

Thinking maybe a mid/late 2000's Yamaha FXHO or Seadoo GTI 155 type ski.

Thoughts/advice welcomed.

Im a big guy, 6'3" 125kg so needs to be able to pull my weight plus observer with an 11yr old on a biscuit etc.

Don't cry when told that in most waterways you can only travel at 6 knots.

Don't sook when people trying to relax abuse you for your terrible noise pollution

Don't beg on television that life is unfair because you accidentally ran over a swimmer.

Overloading a vessel is fraught with DANGER.

Knowing nothing about water or vessel safety is the cause of most water deaths.

Lastly, don't buy one, it's akin to giving your kids an unregistered electric scooter with no Helmut and letting them ride across Melbourne in peak hour traffic.

If you see anyone else around, don't ride it....

FMD they are annoying as *.

Even worse are those that play s**t music loud as * while riding up and back for hours on end....

Sent from my CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you see anyone else around, don't ride it....

FMD they are annoying as *.

Even worse are those that play s**t music loud as * while riding up and back for hours on end....

Sent from my CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
No issue with them if people used them like most people use dirt bikes. The * away from civilisation.

I hear sea doo have a buy one get a free tribal tattoo promo on at the moment
And a pair of white wrap around sun glasses

And to answer the original question… don’t . Those people staring at you whilst your on it are not are not looking in jealousy they are looking st what a flog you are

Buy a boat more people can use it and you can cruise somewhere drop anchor and relax/fish etc… jet skis and just going as fast as you can in circles, thinking you look cool doing it.

Lol, thanks guys...I think.

Anyway, I bought one, its fun, I took it away on the weekend, asked the local council about restrictions, got the green light and proceeded to enjoy it well away from the general public.
Even asked people back on land if the 4 stroke with noise suppression was noisy, barely even heard me apparently.

They we're more concerned with the over 50's tattoo clad flog with a dozen blow up toys laying all along the shore, getting around on a kneeboard behind his noisy 70's era, 350 chev powered speed boat driven by his obviously inexperienced Son who repeatedly blasted past in the 4kn zone so the old man could toss the rope and spin around in circles.
Nearly cleaned me up as I slowly made my way back to the shore before abusing me for not noticing them screaming up from behind.

Basically the opposite of whats been suggested...go figure.

Lol, thanks guys...I think.

Anyway, I bought one, its fun, I took it away on the weekend, asked the local council about restrictions, got the green light and proceeded to enjoy it well away from the general public.
Even asked people back on land if the 4 stroke with noise suppression was noisy, barely even heard me apparently.

They we're more concerned with the over 50's tattoo clad flog with a dozen blow up toys laying all along the shore, getting around on a kneeboard behind his noisy 70's era, 350 chev powered speed boat driven by his obviously inexperienced Son who repeatedly blasted past in the 4kn zone so the old man could toss the rope and spin around in circles.
Nearly cleaned me up as I slowly made my way back to the shore before abusing me for not noticing them screaming up from behind.

Basically the opposite of whats been suggested...go figure.

Banter above aside glad you are enjoying the new toy and responsibly. I think there’s flogs and good users with all sports vehicles be that boats, jet skis, road bikes, dirt bikes, cars, off road vehicles etc so just ignore the jokes, mine included and have fun!

I am interested to know how the new tribal tattoo held up on the water though haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be warned PWC's are being investigated by the Feds for suspect business practice.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back