Need help RE: f*** up my boss

Remove this Banner Ad

Lindy

Senior List
Aug 15, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Just a simply question by boss treats be like **** and i'm looking to stuff him up big time. I work as a chef part during uni and i make $10 an hr. (i know pathetic) and the worst thing is that he pays us in cash. I'm looking to dob him in for not paying tax on any of his staff which is about 12.

Just wondering who do i go to, is it the tax department? and do i call them directly or do i have to do it in writing.

thanks

Think about this a little bit before you actually go ahead with it.

Firstly, as you have been recieving cash money, you are also potentially liable to get in trouble, as will the people you work with. Your boss may not be in the only one getting burnt.

Secondly, your boss could get into alot of ****. Are you sure whatever he has done warrants this?

Lastly, I have a hunch you might work at Don Don. I don't want Don Don to close!!!

Make a call to the ATO. But in the first instance do not mention your own name, when they check him out there is a good chance you (and your fellow employees) will be given amnesty if you detail the rorts you have been suffering. I mean to say $10.00/hr cash was pre-Keating's "recession we had to have"

Just a simply question by boss treats be like **** and i'm looking to stuff him up big time. I work as a chef part during uni and i make $10 an hr. (i know pathetic) and the worst thing is that he pays us in cash. I'm looking to dob him in for not paying tax on any of his staff which is about 12.

Just wondering who do i go to, is it the tax department? and do i call them directly or do i have to do it in writing.

thanks

Just remember you will always know and you will always be responcible for any reprocussions. Do you know how many people it will effect in various ways. Guilt has a habit of hanging around for a long long time.

An easy solution would be to get another job.

Call the ATO and tell them how much cash your boss has paid you in total.

You can even lie a bit to get him into even more strife by telling them he's paid you more than he really has. He can't prove that he didn't pay you less than what you say he did. If you get the rest of the workers there to all do the same thing then he'll really get it bad, because if every one of you says you got paid more than you did then the court takes your word over his! :thumbsu:

Call the ATO and tell them how much cash your boss has paid you in total.

You can even lie a bit to get him into even more strife by telling them he's paid you more than he really has. He can't prove that he didn't pay you less than what you say he did. If you get the rest of the workers there to all do the same thing then he'll really get it bad, because if every one of you says you got paid more than you did then the court takes your word over his! :thumbsu:

you are better off telling them that he underpaid you, that way he has to pay you up to the award for the duration of your employment as well as pay the tax.

Think about this a little bit before you actually go ahead with it.

Firstly, as you have been recieving cash money, you are also potentially liable to get in trouble, as will the people you work with. Your boss may not be in the only one getting burnt.

Secondly, your boss could get into alot of ****. Are you sure whatever he has done warrants this?

Lastly, I have a hunch you might work at Don Don. I don't want Don Don to close!!!

If you declare the income on your tax form, it would be like receiving your wage except electing not to have your tax taken out. It means that you will have to send a cheque to the tax office.

As for the employer... dob him in. I am sure they will be all over his business in no time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks for all the help...does any1 know the number of the ATO

You an expert there rJ?

Nah, just know a guy that works for centrelink chasing this sort of stuff - if your bus is caught he will be well and truly ****ed

but the guys who get it really bad, are the ones who employ illegal immigrants - I'm talking a team of 20 AFP with centrelink officials in tow is the norm

Nah, just know a guy that works for centrelink chasing this sort of stuff - if your bus is caught he will be well and truly ****ed

but the guys who get it really bad, are the ones who employ illegal immigrants - I'm talking a team of 20 AFP with centrelink officials in tow is the norm

Oh, OK. I just thought you might be unemployed a lot, and go to centrelink heaps, and stuff like that.

thanks

Are you an Australian resident.

I'm thinking that your boss my not really think you'll notice, especially as you seem to use b instead of an M in your opening sentence and simply questions?.

The lot of you together, confront him just before the busiest shift and tell him you are all walking out ,unless he coughs up more sheckles per hour.
Make sure everyones on board before hand.

Thanks for all the posts, i think i'll give it another few weeks and if **** doesn't improve i'll do something about it.

Centrelink are only going to care if the guy (or any of the employees) is claiming welfare as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back