News Nelson, Rotham partied up at Hip E after Richmond shellacking

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the management have done well in creating misdirection to try and take the spotlight off what they have done and continue to do.

So they come out with strong language and then hit the guys with a wet lettuce leaf.

They should of kept everything in house. Why pander to what the media are trying to make into a story. Say its being looked into, then handle everything behind closed doors. If that means a trip back to the WAFL for Naish Rotham & Waterman when we get some players back so be it. Is that the reason why Dixon missed the Brissie game?

So was it a club rule? Was it a guideline?

Personally I don't really care if players go out and party in their spare time as long as they perform. I'm not as old as Cousins and Gardiner, but I was going to Mustang Bar, Hip E Club, Club Bayview when they were. Sure they took things a little too far, but they put shifts in on the game day.

But given how badly this season has gone so far and that we are scraping the bottom of the barrel just to have a traveling squad of players it's staggeringly dumb to be going out clubbing right now while COVID is supposedly peaking in the community.

Does Gerard Whateley know who Nelson and Rotham are? Because I fail to see whether suspending or not suspending them is going to have any influence on how much we get flogged by Melbourne by
I suspect Whateley doesn't know what a night club is. He is normally tucked up in bed with a cup of cocoa at 9.00 pm

So what was Pav’s point? Because we handled things badly during the Cousins era, we should handle it badly now for consistency and so as not to be hypocritical… turnip
I still remember a news report in 2010 on how we lost our first three games for the first time in our history and he stood there waiting to be interviewed with the widest smug grin on his face. Must burn like hell for him that our party boys won a flag yet this prissy boy never could.

So aflpa complaining....hope they have some legal grounds to overturn it to embarrass Nisbett and Simpson and force their resignations

If they were actually going to challenge it, they would have said so rather than make the “we’re disappointed with this” statement they actually made.

You’ll grasp at anything.

If they were actually going to challenge it, they would have said so rather than make the “we’re disappointed with this” statement they actually made.

You’ll grasp at anything.
Now Miguel - I know you are usually 100% committed to all things Nisbett and Simpson do but surely now it is clear that our 2 leaders appear to have lost the plot.

Reality is the on field results are reflecting the off field mismanagement. We have 3 teams and all 3 are languishing at the bottom of the table, lack any sort of appeal to watch play and void of game plans and list management upside.

They are big boys and I think both their tenures are in serious threat. Oh and I’d add Russell Gibbs and his shopping centres to that list of “needing a clean out”

They are big boys and I think both their tenures are in serious threat. Oh and I’d add Russell Gibbs and his shopping centres to that list of “needing a clean out”

Don’t disagree with that. Gibbs’ time is almost up anyway isn’t it, wasn’t there a story recently about his likely successor recently?

It’s the idea that the AFLPA will step in and inflict a fatal blow on the club hierarchy that’s fanciful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for us, Nesbitt will forever have the "We are the biggest club, financial powerhouse, most members" thing to his name.

Doesn't mean he should be immune from criticism. Particularly some of the on field AND off field things we've had to deal with over the past 3 years.

Ben Harvey is a ranga flog, but you can't argue with the amount of bizarro stuff happening at the club under Nesbitt's reign. When everyone else left, he has stayed.

A fresh face certainly wouldn't go down astray, clearly we're in a TRANSITIONING phase, and i think it'd be a good thing personally. Off field behaviour suggests a lack of respect for Nesbitt and the organization, whilst listless efforts ON FIELD suggest a lack of respect for Simpson and his stale game plans.

Fish rots from the head down thingy. Imagine being Chesser and getting drafted to a club like this and not only watching this s**t show of a season unfold, but getting roped into it (******* Nelson).

The "Hip-E Club 7" are looking like they will be the catalyst for change. The have brought an abrupt end to the Covid and injury homeymoon. Watch them turn on each other. I'm tipping Simmo will walk.

Yep.

I can see him leaving around 2 million on the table:rolleyes:
He's a premiership coach. It's gone south but I suspect other clubs will want him. He must have an inkling that if the board turn on him (every chance) and he sticks his contract, he'll be washed up along with his job offers. What if Norf offer him a job?

I have no love for Caroline Wilson, but she has absolutely got this part right (per foxsports):

“We just keep hearing that there is a disconnect, between players and coach, between senior players and younger players — the club denies it... but there is an investigation going on to not only their list management but also their strength and conditioning,” Wilson said

I have no love for Caroline Wilson, but she has absolutely got this part right (per foxsports):

“We just keep hearing that there is a disconnect, between players and coach, between senior players and younger players — the club denies it... but there is an investigation going on to not only their list management but also their strength and conditioning,” Wilson said
She's claiming there is an investigation?

Is this true, or has Caro been reading BF and made it up?

She's claiming there is an investigation?

Is this true, or has Caro been reading BF and made it up?
half and half probably. the management cycle is
Plan
Do
Check
Act

its a cycle so if people are doing their job there is constant review/investigation/checking.

My gut feel is that the club have mismanaged the media again. Excuses central and now stuffing this up. But if the media staff are all incestuoisly recruited family members fo old boys what do you expect?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back