New Look for Inter-League

Remove this Banner Ad

DollyA

Senior List
Jan 24, 2010
Mildura
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A preseason inter-league game between Sunraysia and the Redtails from Alice Springs is set to take place at Sunraysia new sports precinct. This game is organised by a group outside the SFNL and initially didn’t have the official support of the league.
They seem to have gained the full support of the leagues star players which this year includes at least three or four with AFL experience.
If you think support for inter league games is continuing to decline then maybe this is the way to go

There is talk about Sunraysia heading to Alice Springs in 2024, although the weather was horrendous, the concept is sound. Would have had a truckload of supporters at the ground if not for the rain event that hit that day...
Its a yes/win for me....

Contributions have been scarce this season.
Anyone care to comment on this weeks games ?
How will the finals pan out?
Any surprises this season?
Robinvale did Robinvale things, will play in the 2nd Semi in a few weeks when they finish minor premiers, Irymple smashed Wentworth by 95 which i dont reckon anyone saw coming and jumped to 2nd, Mildura slipped to 3rd after coughing up their game against a tough Red Cliffs who will need to win their remainder games to get to 4th, and rely on Wentworth losing their last 2...Imperials were belted by 100+ by Merbein, cannot remember the last time that happened the mighty have well and truly fallen.. biggest surprise is Red Cliffs in 2023 honestly, Ryan Doherty has them ticking nicely in his first year there, and the slide of Imperials, the winningest club in the league. Winless in 2023, unbelievable...

Robinvale did Robinvale things, will play in the 2nd Semi in a few weeks when they finish minor premiers, Irymple smashed Wentworth by 95 which i dont reckon anyone saw coming and jumped to 2nd, Mildura slipped to 3rd after coughing up their game against a tough Red Cliffs who will need to win their remainder games to get to 4th, and rely on Wentworth losing their last 2...Imperials were belted by 100+ by Merbein, cannot remember the last time that happened the mighty have well and truly fallen.. biggest surprise is Red Cliffs in 2023 honestly, Ryan Doherty has them ticking nicely in his first year there, and the slide of Imperials, the winningest club in the league. Winless in 2023, unbelievable...
Anyone care to give reason /s for Imps fall from grace??

No real surprizes for the first week of the finals.
I reckon there could be some upsets in the remaining Prelim.and even the G.F. though.
With the grand final game to go, Robinvale v Irymple will be a pretty physical encounter I suspect. Do you reckon Mildura going out in straight sets was an upset? Losing Ant Matthews on the morning of the game didn't help, along with Mitch Rogerson unable to play due to recovery from surgery after the facial injury he received from a head high bump, but they were well and truly outplayed by Irymple...

The Pointy End.
With the grand final game to go, Robinvale v Irymple will be a pretty physical encounter I suspect. Do you reckon Mildura going out in straight sets was an upset? Losing Ant Matthews on the morning of the game didn't help, along with Mitch Rogerson unable to play due to recovery from surgery after the facial injury he received from a head high bump, but they were well and truly outplayed by Irymple...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back