Zuma

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2010
long ago in the museum with his friends
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
In advance of the release of his 17th solo studio album "Egypt Station" Paul has released 2 songs as a double sided single in the old language, one playful and upbeat tune and the other a nice melodic piano ballad.

Come on to me

I Don't Know

So what do you make of the new songs?

For me I Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Remarkable we still have this 76 year old releasing new music.

They're not too bad. Considering how old Paul is, it's amazing he's still putting out songs to this quality.

I prefer 'I Don't Know', very easy to listen to and very melodious. Not too sure about 'Come On To Me', sounds fine, but the lyrics are overly repetitive and quite simplistic. Seems like it's the song which will appeal to the masses more than 'I Don't Know' and has a more modern up-beat sound compared to 'I Don't Know' which sounds more like his Beatles songs.

With all that being said, I'm looking forward to the rest of the album, seems a very interesting album - with each song portraying a different 'station' as such.

Although one thing I do not like is the album cover, reminds me too much of George's 'Gone Troppo' which doesn't exactly bring back good memories.

They're not too bad. Considering how old Paul is, it's amazing he's still putting out songs to this quality.

I prefer 'I Don't Know', very easy to listen to and very melodious. Not too sure about 'Come On To Me', sounds fine, but the lyrics are overly repetitive and quite simplistic. Seems like it's the song which will appeal to the masses more than 'I Don't Know' and has a more modern up-beat sound compared to 'I Don't Know' which sounds more like his Beatles songs.

With all that being said, I'm looking forward to the rest of the album, seems a very interesting album - with each song portraying a different 'station' as such.

Although one thing I do not like is the album cover, reminds me too much of George's 'Gone Troppo' which doesn't exactly bring back good memories.

Gonne Troppo has several really underrated tracks. true that George didn’t promote it and it didn’t chart too well at all due to that.

I am really liking the new songs!!! I saw Sir Paul in Brisbane in December......such a magical experience! I waited a long time and it was so worth it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back