Next Generation

Remove this Banner Ad

1 game left and needs 160 runs.. yea maby.. be a good achievement, hasn't happened for a while.

actually 2 games.. there a lock to make the final.
If they win (which they should) they're a lock.

View attachment 1918163

Webster has had a good Shield season, best performing batsmen. McSweeney should have a crack a opener.. only real spot that will be up for grabs soon is Khawaja's.
Bancroft doesn't hit many boundaries in comparison it seems. Wakim has 100 less runs but 30 more boundaries!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not so sure Labuschagne is a spent force. Remember when he first came on the Test scene, when he was making big 100s and it was incredible how many times he would play and miss? Well, he's nicking those balls now, so it appears to me he needs some minor adjustments to his technique. Hopefully McDonald is able to do this.

Davies the biggest batting bright spot for the future and if he comes on at test level the Green/Davies 4/5 feels pretty nice. Bit dire the top order spots though. Am I bias saying Wyllie (even if now back out of the team) and Goodwin the best hope there? Both very young and both happy to bat for time which is getting rarer.

With the state of test cricket, we'll basically never again not be a top 3 team but agree we are getting close to india being close to insurmountable and they'll only really beat themselves through pressure eventually

I'm not so sure Labuschagne is a spent force. Remember when he first came on the Test scene, when he was making big 100s and it was incredible how many times he would play and miss? Well, he's nicking those balls now, so it appears to me he needs some minor adjustments to his technique. Hopefully McDonald is able to do this.
I remember how he'd nick them, and he'd be dropped or it would go between slips. Can't stay that lucky forever.

Puc forced to retire hurt in the Shield match due to yet another head knock.

The guy needs to consider retirement for the sake of his future health.

He plays the short ball so badly at times, he shut his eyes and just let it hit him today

Davies the biggest batting bright spot for the future and if he comes on at test level the Green/Davies 4/5 feels pretty nice. Bit dire the top order spots though. Am I bias saying Wyllie (even if now back out of the team) and Goodwin the best hope there? Both very young and both happy to bat for time which is getting rarer.

With the state of test cricket, we'll basically never again not be a top 3 team but agree we are getting close to india being close to insurmountable and they'll only really beat themselves through pressure eventually
I'm hoping Konstas can eventually develop into an International level top order batter.

In reality he should move up to 4 or 5 ahead of Gilkes next season. Is Moises likely to hang around another year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back