NHL 13

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the ratings on those two guys? As it stands, I'd take Ward over Schneider.

3rd rounder, no idea how that turned out. As for Ward, I think he was an 88? Schneider was an 85 with B potential to Ward's C potential. I was looking at more of a rebuild than straight to Stanley

Hey guys, I've moved all the posts about NHL13 from the NHL12 thread into this one. Figure we may as well talk about the game in the right thread.

Would anyone be keen in online gm mode? Got me and about 4 others from my madden site with the game so if we could get a few more can get something decent going :thumbsu:

Yeah, is this on 360 or PS3?

Ah man, I'd be all around that if it was on 360 :(

Havent played an NHL game since NHL 97 and love NHL 13 (Ironically enough, I still can't score on Martin Brodeur).

Im keen for some feedback from some hockey heads as I havent watched a game since the Jagr/Shanahan/Lindros/Lemieux era.

1. Not enough penalties! Im playing 10 minute periods, have penalty sliders maxed and Ive had 3 power plays in 15 games.

2. The faceoffs seem random. There doesnt appear like a whole lot of skill determines who wins.

3. Having totally manual passing with no assistance is incredibly challenging but very rewarding.

4. Lots of clipping. Sticks go through legs, the boards, other sticks.

5. One timers are hard to nail but again ver rewarding when you pull them off.

6. Getting a nice spread of goals. Big slap shots, on the rush, from the point. Would like to see a few more rebound opportunities though.

Havent played an NHL game since NHL 97 and love NHL 13 (Ironically enough, I still can't score on Martin Brodeur).

Im keen for some feedback from some hockey heads as I havent watched a game since the Jagr/Shanahan/Lindros/Lemieux era.

1. Not enough penalties! Im playing 10 minute periods, have penalty sliders maxed and Ive had 3 power plays in 15 games.

2. The faceoffs seem random. There doesnt appear like a whole lot of skill determines who wins.

3. Having totally manual passing with no assistance is incredibly challenging but very rewarding.

4. Lots of clipping. Sticks go through legs, the boards, other sticks.

5. One timers are hard to nail but again ver rewarding when you pull them off.

6. Getting a nice spread of goals. Big slap shots, on the rush, from the point. Would like to see a few more rebound opportunities though.

Haha, great to hear you're enjoying it! :D

1. I wouldn't say so, it depends what teams you have playing, what mode you're playing and the physicality of the game. In my BAP (currently in the Everett Silvertips), I'll usually play about 17 mins per game (rough guesstimate, never really pay attention) and there'll be maybe 2 or 3 penalties called while I'm on the ice... and then more PK work I have to do.

2. Yeah, they weren't like this last year, I've had to totally adapt. Feels like they re-tooled completely as to when you move the right stick to play the puck, which becomes a massive pain in HUT.

3. Agreed, and it's been that way for a few years. Last year I loved having the 2-man rush, passing from the post to the other side of the net at the slot and letting them snipe it. Racked in so many goals that way.

4. Nothing's perfect, but the one problem I have (on the topic of sticks) is the power of the poke this year. You poke a player from front-on and he loses the puck straight away. I'm more of a stick-lift guy when I play scrimmages (when i'm out on the ice and not between the pipes, that is) but I can't play that style because of the frequency of high-stick/slashing calls I take.

5. Yes and yes! Definitely agree.

6. Interesting... I seem to be able to score on a lot of rebounds and not that many shots from the point.

Again, it might be that we're playing different modes and with different teams. Good to hear I'm not the only one enjoying it. The new skating system was really frustrating at first but I'm getting a grip on it now and moving back up to playing on superstar settings.

started a gm mode with the ducks. i didnt realise how young they are ( i dont follow it at all) after 40 games i am 17-10-3. out of curiosity could we choose how long the season could go for?

started a gm mode with the ducks. i didnt realise how young they are ( i dont follow it at all) after 40 games i am 17-10-3. out of curiosity could we choose how long the season could go for?

Nope, you're stuck with the 82 games.

GM mode isn't really meant to be quick if you're wanting to be really successful in building a dynasty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back