Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pfft.

Elliott doesn't get votes over the midfielders.

Daicos 3 (winning team)
Neale 2 (losing team and only 1 big quarter)
Mitchell/McGluggage 1
Neale spanked Daicos in nearly every stat and kicked a goal.

Mitchell was your leading mid (defensive + contested and clearances)

McClug had a similar game to Daicos but kicked a goal.

Without Elliot you probably wouldn't have won as Collingwood have a pretty bleh forward line unless two of your smalls fire.

Daicos would be in my best 3-5, albeit he is your poster child and Collingwood won.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Neale spanked Daicos in nearly every stat and kicked a goal.

Mitchell was your leading mid

McClug had a similar game to Daicos but kicked a goal

Without Elliot you probably wouldn't have won as you have one of the weaker forward lines in the AFL on paper.

Daicos would be in my best 3-5, albeit he is your poster child and Collingwood won.
Don't disagree with much of that, but we're talking about how the umpires vote here....

Don't disagree with much of that, but we're talking about how the umpires vote here....
Deserves the 1. Wouldn't be surprised if he got more. There was stranger voting last year

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes, when the game was already won.
22 kicks, 650 metres gained and 7 score involvements off half back. Hard to argue Daicos wasn't effective in his role tonight (even if his disposals are a bit hit and miss this year compared to 2023).

With Daicos and Noble at half back Collingwood sliced Brisbane up on transition.

Brisbane still smashed Collingwood in midfield and in the territory game but were beaten by efficiency. Placing pressure animals around the ball with Daicos mopping up opposition errors is a better role for him.

Typically “nice” game by Nick.

30 touches - nothing devastating or inspiring, ….more just…collecting.

He could learn something from some of the other Collingwood hard nuts.

6 "contested" possessions, though obviously not too heavily contested or he wouldn't have taken possession.

4 intercept possessions.

20 times he took a kick in or his team-mate who had already won the ball gave it to him, often by going backwards.

1 tackle, lol.

Still only went at 70% disposal efficiency.

And Fadge reckons this is BOG. :tearsofjoy:

22 kicks, 650 metres gained and 7 score involvements off half back. Hard to argue Daicos wasn't effective in his role tonight (even if his disposals are a bit hit and miss this year compared to 2023).

With Daicos and Noble at half back Collingwood sliced Brisbane up on transition.

Brisbane still smashed Collingwood in midfield and in the territory game but were beaten by efficiency. Placing pressure animals around the ball with Daicos mopping up opposition errors is a better role for him.

It is the only role for him. He is too scared to play anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfft.

Elliott doesn't get votes over the midfielders.

Daicos 3 (winning team)
Neale 2 (losing team and only 1 big quarter)
Mitchell/McGluggage 1

As a supporter do you genuinely believe Nick Daicos was the best player on the ground?

He had 30 touches (4 were kick outs).

Tom Mitchell had 24 possessions with 14 contested (Nick was 6 x CP) and went at 95% DE to Nick’s 70%. 7 tackles to Nick’s 1. 5 clearances to Nick’s 2. 5 inside 50’s to Nick’s 4. 6 x SI to Nick’s 7. 1 x GA each.

Neale’s game easily eclipsed Daicos. More disposals, more CP, more clearances, more tackles, more goals, more score involvements. 20 CP to 6 CP and only slight inferior DE of 68% to 70%

Elliott’s 4 goals when needed ranks him higher.

Naicos is in a group with Bobby Hill, Rayner, McCluggage, Zorko, Noble and most of the Pies defenders in next rung down.

I’ll be very surprised if Naicos is in the top-3 coaches votes. He might get a vote or two.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As a supporter do you genuinely believe Nick Daicos was the best player on the ground?

He had 30 touches (4 were kick outs).

Tom Mitchell had 24 possessions with 14 contested (Nick was 6 x CP) and went at 95% DE to Nick’s 70%. 7 tackles to Nick’s 1. 5 clearances to Nick’s 2. 5 inside 50’s to Nick’s 4. 6 x SI to Nick’s 7. 1 x GA each.

Neale’s game easily eclipsed Daicos. More disposals, more CP, more clearances, more tackles, more goals, more score involvements. 20 CP to 6 CP and only slight inferior DE of 68% to 70%

Elliott’s 4 goals when needed ranks him higher.

Naicos is in a group with Bobby Hill, Rayner, McCluggage, Zorko, Noble and most of the Pies defenders in next rung down.

I’ll be very surprised if Naicos is in the top-3 coaches votes. He might get a vote or two.

Apologies … I see on further reading the Naicos thing was a Brownlow discussion … even in the Brownlow I can’t see him getting more than 1 given Neale and Mitchell are proven votegetters and had superior games.

in what world would a sexier version of Andrew Gaff be the goat

Beautiful moment from the highlights on the AFL website. Go to about 2.10 into the video and you'll see a bit of a scuffle, Naicos comes in and lays a finger on the blokes wrestling, gets a slight nudge and goes catapulting away from the contest. He must've thought the ball was in play and he could win a free kick.

1711642129953.png

My 3-2-1

3 votes - Lachie Neale lions
2 votes - Eric Hipwood pies
1 vote - Jamie Elliot pies

No, I don't.

But we're talking about umpires votes. There's no way he has 4 ahead of him for Brownlow votes tonight.

Frampton and Mitchell were both ahead of him for mine, maybe even JDG.

How you read through this pile of s**t is pretty bloody amazing. LoL.

6 "contested" possessions, though obviously not too heavily contested or he wouldn't have taken possession.

4 intercept possessions.

20 times he took a kick in or his team-mate who had already won the ball gave it to him, often by going backwards.

1 tackle, lol.

Still only went at 70% disposal efficiency.

And Fadge reckons this is BOG. :tearsofjoy:
Out of curiosity, has he got off the mark yet in relation to contested marks ?

He floats through a game like a cloud - he doesn’t bring a storm - he just floats past.

When he lots of kicks from half back, he's criticised for not getting enough contested possessions. When he gets contested possessions, he's criticised for not getting enough metres gained. When he gets metres gained, he's criticised for not being stormy enough.

Back