Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. I actually only did because people above were talking age and how Daicos was better because he’s older for his year. So if you want to use that measure, check out Judd.

Judd was already a star in 2003 anyway. I’d have him over Daicos at the same stage. And Daicos is very very good, I’m a fan. I’d heard all the stuff about him being overrated, then I went to Anzac Day last year, he sliced the game open on his own, 40 touches, kicked goals, it was like his 30th career game.

As I said, nobody who was old enough at the time could forget what a freak Judd was straight out of the box however. Daicos is right up there, but he’s not doing things that are unprecedented.
Makes you wonder.... if Judd was so good in his first two seasons, how could he possibly only have 12 Brownlow votes to his name by that time?!?

I guess we can eliminate some names from GOAT conversations Matthews, Carey, GAS
It seems you're either misinterpreting and/or misrepresenting my comment. Again.

Judd was a proven Brownlow votegetter, and we're being told that his first two seasons were far superior to Daicos' first two seasons, despite Daicos having polled 27 more votes than Judd had in that time....

But you keep doing you.

It seems you're either misinterpreting and/or misrepresenting my comment. Again.

Judd was a proven Brownlow votegetter, and we're being told that his first two seasons were far superior to Daicos' first two seasons, despite Daicos having polled 27 more votes than Judd had in that time....

But you keep doing you.

You have reaffirmed my point, using only Brownlow votes, in this comparison, to distinguish the better player at the same age

But, if we are using early career form, Sheezel has Nicky covered, especially as an 18 year in a first full season

But you keep doing you

Last edited:

But you keep doing you.
But, if you playing in a side with Kerr and Cousins ,yet are still matching numbers despite not being the main man, well that has to weigh in favour of Judd.
Collingwood use Daicos as their quarterback, west Coast didn't use Judd as their main man. Of course Daicos was always going to get more brownlow votes being used this way. It's been like that for over a decade or so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More interesting data...

View attachment 1917523
Here's some interesting data.
Contested possessions 2023
Old mate Nick couldn't even break it into the top 50
Even Sam walsh was only 1 contested behind, and played 4 less games than Nick

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240302_111155_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240302_111155_Chrome.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 17
Here's some interesting data.
Contested possessions 2023
Old mate Nick couldn't even break it into the top 50
Even Sam walsh was only 1 contested behind, and played 4 less games than Nick

Just realised Sheezel averaged more contested possessions than Nicky as a first year player

Maybe OP should be, Can Nicky surpass Harry as a possible GOAT

Sure you knew it's averages
Well you are wrong again if that is the case.

Greene average 28.4 in 2012
Sheezel average 27.04 in 2023

But maybe you didnt really pay attention to the words you used:

Sheezel broke the record for disposals for a first year player

I think those words speak for themselves.

Well you are wrong again if that is the case.

Greene average 28.4 in 2012
Sheezel average 27.04 in 2023

But maybe you didnt really pay attention to the words you used:

Sheezel broke the record for disposals for a first year player

I think those words speak for themselves.

Back