Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant game by Daicos last Friday night, gathering multiple disposals in very heavy traffic and distributing with robotic cleanliness and efficiency

Have we ever seen a better handballer?

Probably gets one, maybe 2 Brownlow votes for this superb outing on the eve of his 50th

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brilliant game by Daicos last Friday night, gathering multiple disposals in very heavy traffic and distributing with robotic cleanliness and efficiency

Probably gets one, maybe 2 Brownlow votes for this superb outing on the eve of his 50th

Wow amazing ..so many 2 mtr handpasses on the run. Incredible skill. Sort of stuff Zac Merrett does all day every day for years but for some reason with Lil Nicky the media think this is a skill beyond mortal means.

And yet the GOAT couldn’t inspire his team to compete at very least, let alone win.

Great players inspire their team mates, against the odds.

Lil Nicky’s best-ever-hand-balling…not so much.

IMO yes he could become a GOAT, if he:

- continue to rack up the disposals
- kick on average a goal a game
- win another premiership
- selected for multiple AA's
- win his club's best and fairest
- and either wins a Brownlow or Norm Smith

Time will tell.

IMO yes he could become a GOAT, if he:

- continue to rack up the disposals
- kick on average a goal a game
- win another premiership
- selected for multiple AA's
- win his club's best and fairest
- and either wins a Brownlow or Norm Smith

Time will tell.
That isn’t exactly goat criteria
Probably 3 or 4 players running around at any one time with a similar resume

Gotta say I had a good laugh reading his defensive intent is what gets his game going 😂😂

View attachment 1934307
Ahhh yes…yet another insightful interview with Nick as he explains for the 68th time how he loves to “ hunt the ball” and “ apply pressure “

It’s fascinating stuff. It’s always interesting to hear the inner mind workings of how a master of the craft works.

Gems like this are just incredibly interesting to read..

“It's funny you say that because I'm not too sure what's going on when I've got the ball in my hands. I don't make my mind up with what I'm going to do with the ball until last second a lot of the time.”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a few current players who are in my top 30. (Dusty, J Riewoldt, Hawkins, Pendlebury)

But none come close to Matthews, Ablett (JR), Bartlett and Buddy.

What criteria would you use?

This legend!

Would have to get ahead of the current GOAT https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/L/Leigh_Matthews.html

Over 900 goals ON TOP of his role as a midfielder.

Does look to have a very good career in front of him though. May be GOAT of the Daicos clan though if he continues (although his old man was something special).

0 contested marks in 49 games...

Both feet always firmly on the ground dishing out sublime 30 cm handpasses and running like a demented chook to receive said handpass.

He’s the complete package when asking the question of is Nick the greatest player to have ever played the game.

What he lacks in contested marking prowess he more than makes up with superior shirking and contest evasion skills
Reminds of the classic song by The Platters.

“Oh-oh, yes, I'm the great evader
Pretending that I'm doing well
My need is such, I pretend too much
I'm frightened..but no one can tell”

Point missed again I see…

Bizarro!
Oh no.

I understood your point exactly.

You were taking a cheap shot at Daicos for playing in two losing games to start the season, despite him having a 75% win rate of all games played since the start of his career.

So I responded in kind, given that (based on your assessment) you 'can't be a great player if you can't inspire your team to compete, let alone win' when Cripps and Weitering have spent a majority of their career playing in non-competitive and losing teams...

Oh no.

I understood your point exactly.

You were taking a cheap shot at Daicos for playing in two losing games to start the season, despite him having a 75% win rate of all games played since the start of his career.

So I responded in kind, given that (based on your assessment) you 'can't be a great player if you can't inspire your team to compete, let alone win' when Cripps and Weitering have spent a majority of their career playing in non-competitive and losing teams...

So you’re saying that Nicky is not to blame for your teams pathetic display last two weeks and the enviable downfall that’s going to happen?

That’s fair.

So you’re saying that Nicky is not to blame for your teams pathetic display last two weeks and the enviable downfall that’s going to happen?

That’s fair.
Ah yes, the old 'inevitable downfall'.

Is that the same 'inevitable downfall' that we were all being told we were about to experience after 2021, when we were going to be spending the next 5 years in the bottom four?

If so, I'd love to see more of that please!

Ah yes, the old 'inevitable downfall'.

Is that the same 'inevitable downfall' that we were all being told we were about to experience after 2021, when we were going to be spending the next 5 years in the bottom four?

If so, I'd love to see more of that please!
I’m impressed you corrected my inevitable autocorrect blooper.

I think this time it really is inevitable that the pies will tumble into the abyss for years to come.

Pendlebury can’t prop you up with his greatness forever.

All empires eventually fall…

Back