Nick Smith AA

Remove this Banner Ad

True. I take your point. But Kirk was a hard tag in 2004. No doubt about it. Had a quick look at the stats. Smith is only doing 4 less disposals a game than Kirky was when he made AA. And Kirk was a genuine midfielder.
Kirk came fourth in the Brownlow that year mate.

I think you're underestimating him there

Kirk came fourth in the Brownlow that year mate.

I think you're underestimating him there

Haha. Ask me again what I think of the Brownlow as a judge of anything. Just because they suddenly get it right one year and the planets align with what players already know to be true means little. :cool:

Wouldn't think any Swans' member in the early 2000's (especially post Eade) could possibly underestimate Kirk. You're arguing my own point, though - which is that internally Nick Smith is star. If that suddenly gets out into public domain and they give him an AA nod all the better. :thumbsu:

The brownlow might not mean much but for a tagged to finish top 5 is pretty telling.

Fail to see how that validates your point

My point was that Taggers have gotten AA nods before. I used Kirk as an example. Bombersno1 said Kirk is not a good example of a tagger as he played predominantly in the midfield, not in the same stopping role as Smith. I agreed, but said this didn't change the fact he was a hard tag in 04. You came over the top and said he did well in the Brownlow. I said the Brownlow is a crap method of rating players. I said what has that got to do with the fact a tagger got an AA nod. You said he is amazing because as a tagger he finished high in the count. Which basically meant you agreed he was a tagger. Which brings me all the way back to my original point that Smith could get an AA nod for his stopping role as this has happened in the past. Kirk being an example.

What are we arguing about again? Anyone else confused? I am. :confused::D

ps: Love Kirky :hearts:

I'm confused that you used disposals as an indicator of worth for taggers and yet scoffed when Brownlow was brought up...

Can we please just agree that Nick Smith is worthy of the nod for an AA position and that the Brownlow and the disposals required to grab one are irrelevant in this discussion.

I mentioned disposals merely because the last person I could remember getting a nod was Kirk so I did a comparison for one if Kirks better years.

I'm not having a go at you. You just seem a bit out of sorts. Did you have money on North making top 4 or something? :p

Tonight was only the second time I've seen him beaten. Bruest is seriously elite now. What was strange was that he had zero tackles :confused:

He is incredibly strong for a little man. I've seen Smith hold his own against much bigger opponents, but Bruest just pushed him aside so easily on a number of occasions. He'll bounce back though, no doubt about that.

Tonight was only the second time I've seen him beaten. Bruest is seriously elite now. What was strange was that he had zero tackles :confused:

Yeah had his colours lowered, I do rate Breust though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back