Nick Smith AA

Remove this Banner Ad

Have him in my side, time to reward a stopper.

Locks: Kennedy (rover), Parker (FP/Bench), Franklin (CHF), Malceski (HBF)

Maybe: N.Smith

Outside chance: McVeigh

No chance: Others, including Richards and Grundy. They have been good but there have been better key defenders this season.

Just my view though.

Have him in my side, time to reward a stopper. Locks: Kennedy (rover), Parker (FP/Bench), Franklin (CHF), Malceski (HBF)

Maybe: N.Smith Outside chance: McVeigh

That's not a bad selection at all. Still think the biggest fault with the AA is its a team designed to play no one. If there was another team process, Smith would be a lock - who else is going to shut down the small forward/s that would be selected?

That's not a bad selection at all. Still think the biggest fault with the AA is its a team designed to play no one. If there was another team process, Smith would be a lock - who else is going to shut down the small forward/s that would be selected?
It's true, the AA team is full of great players, but who would the team beat most times?

It's true, the AA team is full of great players, but who would the team beat most times?

Play them against the division 2 carnival sides. They're jam packed with the best players to ever lace on a boot right now apparently. :D

I think there is a movement towards a stopper, wouldn't surprise me Nick Smith getting in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there is a movement towards a stopper, wouldn't surprise me Nick Smith getting in.

It's happened before. Kirky got in. Marvellous at what he did. But he wasn't ever exactly Simon Black if you know what I mean. If Smith is a chance though, this would be the year maybe?

It's happened before. Kirky got in. Marvellous at what he did. But he wasn't ever exactly Simon Black if you know what I mean. If Smith is a chance though, this would be the year maybe?

Kirk wasn't a back pocket stopper, bit of a difference. Smith's obstacle is obvious, the fact that selectors for some stupid idea pick midfielders wherever they want!

Kirk wasn't a back pocket stopper, bit of a difference. Smith's obstacle is obvious, the fact that selectors for some stupid idea pick midfielders wherever they want!

True. I take your point. But Kirk was a hard tag in 2004. No doubt about it. Had a quick look at the stats. Smith is only doing 4 less disposals a game than Kirky was when he made AA. And Kirk was a genuine midfielder.

True. I take your point. But Kirk was a hard tag in 2004. No doubt about it. Had a quick look at the stats. Smith is only doing 4 less disposals a game than Kirky was when he made AA. And Kirk was a genuine midfielder.

Really depends whether they can sort of justify leaving a midfielder out lets say Ablett for example.

It is an issue. If so many midfielders are so great then rather than cramming them all in perhaps the light should go on that they're actually not all as a special as we're making them out to be.

It is an issue. If so many midfielders are so great then rather than cramming them all in perhaps the light should go on that they're actually not all as a special as we're making them out to be.

The ones that give me the you know whats are the ones named in the FP or the HBF....well 'just because'

Really depends whether they can sort of justify leaving a midfielder out lets say Ablett for example.

Well it depends on whether or not he was the best player for the year in that position. :p Ablett more than likely yes. Then you have JPK, Pendlebury, Selwood and Fyfe for arguments sake to fill the other midfield spots, but it's when they start throwing players like Beams, Parker and the likes for example on the HFF. Have they played enough in that postion to warrant selection? Unfortunately it's more a case of having a great year in the midfield and trying to squeeze them, but what true HFF what you have in their spots? Generates a decent enough discussion on here when the team is announced, i guess that's what they want. :p

Well it depends on whether or not he was the best player for the year in that position. :p Ablett more than likely yes. Then you have JPK, Pendlebury, Selwood and Fyfe for arguments sake to fill the other midfield spots, but it's when they start throwing players like Beams, Parker and the likes for example on the HFF. Have they played enough in that postion to warrant selection? Unfortunately it's more a case of having a great year in the midfield and trying to squeeze them, but what true HFF what you have in their spots? Generates a decent enough discussion on here when the team is announced, i guess that's what they want. :p

HFF's are easy this season though, Robbie Gray is an absolute lock. Harvey SURELY is the other one and I can't stand Harvey.

HFF's are easy this season though, Robbie Gray is an absolute lock. Harvey SURELY is the other one and I can't stand Harvey.

Yeah true. I'm not really a fan of any Norf player, but will concede all the same on Harvey. :p My example probably wasn't very well thought out, but there will be spots on the field where they'll have a player out of position which is why i think Smith would be lucky to get in the team. But if they were true to position i think Smith would be a lock myself also.

I agree with your previous post though. Kennedy, Franklin and Malceski are locks for me. McVeigh, Parker and Smith should make the 40 man squad but will probably be 50/50 getting into the team. Might be a couple others that will make 40 man squad but would be unlikely to make the team IMO (K.Jack, McGlynn etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back