Nike Trainers

Remove this Banner Ad

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
It will be interesting to see if the "technology" used in Nike's running trainers will be transferred to AFL football boots.
It's reported that the concealed carbon plates make runners feel like they are "running on trampolines" ......... very useful for the hard surface at Optus. Claims of a "4% energy saving" and " they propel like a spring" would suggest that they would be beneficial to AFL players.

It will be interesting to see if the "technology" used in Nike's running trainers will be transferred to AFL football boots.
It's reported that the concealed carbon plates make runners feel like they are "running on trampolines" ......... very useful for the hard surface at Optus. Claims of a "4% energy saving" and " they propel like a spring" would suggest that they would be beneficial to AFL players.
Someone I run with tried these out and he said you still feel the spring going for a few seconds even after you stop running. I'm not sure they'd be any good for AFL, as there is too much stop/start and changing direction, as opposed to running events which are straight line.

Someone I run with tried these out and he said you still feel the spring going for a few seconds even after you stop running. I'm not sure they'd be any good for AFL, as there is too much stop/start and changing direction, as opposed to running events which are straight line.
You would think that some aspect of the "technology" would be transferable to AFL footwear. Clubs are always looking for an extra 1 or 2%. If it is in speed or just in negating hard ground surfaces then I can see it being used.

Isn't one of the main things about the shoes is the thickness of the sole?
How is that going to translate that into a footy boot?

You would think that some aspect of the "technology" would be transferable to AFL footwear. Clubs are always looking for an extra 1 or 2%. If it is in speed or just in negating hard ground surfaces then I can see it being used.

actually there was a really good video on YouTube after the 18 GF win, with one of the head sports science guys. One of the key things they focused on was getting the big important areas 100% right rather than adding in all the extra 1% things. Get the big stones in place first I think is what he said. Also used the example of spend $$$ on altitude training for only a small increase in performance was pointless unless you had the correct training schemes in place first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back