No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuohy tries to fend, gets caught, gets a free for the 2nd tackler jumping in.

McLuggage gets the loose ball & turns right into a tackle, no prior & HTB

Dangerfield tries to run through 3 blokes, clean drops it & play on

Brisbane guy tackled without the ball, play on

Speaking of playing with with you’re own rules book. Tom Hawkins hands in the back, Jesus Christ, he must get away with that 5 times a game.

So you can get can try and shrug a tackle let the ball just spill out otherwise known as incorrect disposal and then get a free kick for holding the man now?

The umpires can go and get ****ed in this game.

In such a close game just one or two crap, blatantly wrong umpiring decisions can be the difference. Case in point in that last quarter. Hawkins the beneficiary of the old 'nothing to see here' push in the back trick.
Should never have changed the hands in the back rule. Was a clear, black and white decision every time, simple for the umps. Now it’s an individual subjective call on every contest. No consistency and just infuriating.

In such a close game just one or two crap, blatantly wrong umpiring decisions can be the difference. Case in point in that last quarter. Hawkins the beneficiary of the old 'nothing to see here' push in the back trick.

I have seen Geelong get home in close games because of these “umpire didn’t see it” decisions. Beats me why opposition supporters scream about us.

That game changes nothing for either of these teams, Geelong not good enough to truly contend and Brissy with questions marks when the going gets tough. Also Harris Andrews gets a free pass way to often. Of course he would step right into our 22 but people talk about him like he is Glen Jakovich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Fagan was pretty classy in the press conference when they tried to get a comment on the Hawkins shove in the back. Even said Geelong were deserving winners.

I wonder what he really thinks.

Came across this pic......who is the bulldog circa 1977

My first thought was Jennings but he looks to ripped. Some on facebook said Quinlan or Wheeler......too short for Quinlan, maybe Wheeler.

My second thought was Geoff Gieschen for some reason.

Who is it?

View attachment 1366965
My first thought was Ray Huppatz but considering the status of some of the other players in the photo I think I agree: Laurie Sandilands in his last year before he moved to the Pies.

Came across this pic......who is the bulldog circa 1977

My first thought was Jennings but he looks to ripped. Some on facebook said Quinlan or Wheeler......too short for Quinlan, maybe Wheeler.

My second thought was Geoff Gieschen for some reason.

Who is it?

View attachment 1366965
It's Ray Huppatz. Won multiple BnFs at Woodville when Blight was in the same team, and played for SA as first rover BEFORE coming to us. Sits in that company easily, very talented and at the time was one of our leading lights.

Chris Fagan was pretty classy in the press conference when they tried to get a comment on the Hawkins shove in the back. Even said Geelong were deserving winners.

I wonder what he really thinks.
Perhaps he realises that Geelong had 10 more scoring shots and were the better team on the night, and that there were also decisions that were iffy that also went Brisbane’s way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back