No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Port have some significant holes.

They were never going to stack up in finals with their key position players.

Neither Marshall or Finlayson take contested marks. And Dixon’s body is close to cooked.

Aliir is a good backman, but Mckenzie is terrible.

They also have the worst ruck in the league.

I don’t know how much sweet and bzt go to address their issues. Neither are proven yet. At least there gaps are obvious though.

I think Watson can do what Bedford and Daniel’s are doing in round 1 next season should we pick him up. I hope Clarke can do that role aswell - might not have the pace though.

Callan Ward plays for our enemy, our despised rivals.

Do not spew warm fuzzies for him getting a premiership.

Do not forget who the Giants are and what they represent.

**** him, the rest of their players, their entire organisation and their 579 putrid supporters.
Also don't forget that he was a willing participant in their propaganda when the whole Griffin/Boyd thing went down.

There are spots available in the 8. Saints/Swans/Port are vulnerable and who knows what GWS or Carlton do next year.

I’m intrigued. It’s a never ending story. Ken does nothing for years and in his contract year does just enough to coax Kochie into giving him an extension and then they go back to doing nothing.

Adelaide might burn down tonight
Only the Port Adelaide part, I'm tipping the Adelaide Crows part are ecstatic.

There are spots available in the 8. Saints/Swans/Port are vulnerable and who knows what GWS or Carlton do next year.

Need a good draft, some smart trades/signings and some coaching changes. I don’t see a reason why we shouldn’t be up near the top next year. Bevo has one more chance and I seriously hope he doesn’t waste another year.

It has on many areas. And Kevin Bartlett was 100% correct when he said 4 on the bench combined with up to 80 interchanges has made it a mess. With 18 in each team on the field that’s a whooping 36 men (way more than any other field sport) if you allow them so much interchange you then get all 36 at one end of the field constantly, instead of the traditional half that amount. It creates packs after packs. Halve the bench and limit interchange problems solved. But meatheads like Dangerfield and those that follow American sports want us to continue down the Americanisation of our great game.
Forgive me for replying to my own post from last week. But when Leigh Mathew’s gave his ‘Lethal injection’ yesterday on the radio 3AW, and he said interchange could well be the main culprit in creating the power, speed, collision, congestion issues we have in football now. I have always believed Leigh is the clearest thinker in football and he often just dismisses outright stuff that Caro or Tim Lane suggest. It’s such a shame that he has rejected the AFL’s request to get him on the commission. He even mentioned that if there were to be court proceedings against the AFL and they were asked “have you done everything to help mitigate concussions?” They could be held liable for allowing the increasing interchange and basically changing the way the game is being played. I hope this will be talked about more often. Thanks KB for being the ‘lone voice in the wilderness’ for so long and now Lethal is getting it too there may be a chance to get our game back from over Americanisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to find any enthusiasm for any of the sides that are left.

GWS probably the least offensive. Hopefully Greene gets his usual mid-finals suspension in the prelim and they get it done. Won’t have to line up early on GF day and you’ll baeely hear a peep from them before round one.

Collingwood or Carlton you will not hear the end of all summer and my in laws are Brisbane so count that out.

Collingwood, Brisbane and GWS all play very entertaining and effective footy. If teams look to copy what they're doing that'll be good for the comp. Lots of risky offensive game out of the backline backed up by sound defensive systems.

We on the other hand are stuck in the mindset of clearances = be all and end all, and it's ok to switch using lumbering kpd's that can't kick and/or just continually go down the boundary line.

It's a win-win if we play a more exciting brand, it's what's in fashion with good teams and it's much better to watch than the eye gouging-ly ugly footy we've played the last 2 years.

Also don't forget that he was a willing participant in their propaganda when the whole Griffin/Boyd thing went down.
Not sure how willing he was.

My understanding back then was a club photographer got the three ex Bulldogs (L Cameron, Griffen, Ward) together for a pic at training or whatever. It may have been unplanned (ie on a whim). Then some marketing type in the club saw the pic and got an evil glint in his/her eye …

Yes they could have been in on it from the start, but equally they could have been ambushed by the PR department.

Port Adelaide supporter comments:
View attachment 1806148
Funny, coz that's how I feel about Bevo.
This is essentially bevo's bulldogs.

Mentally and physically fragile players who quickly wilt when the heat is on, an accommodative coach and captain, a supporter base who is sick of it, and off-field leadership who dont have the fortitude to burn it all to the ground and start again.

This sums up my thoughts on the team that beat Port last night...

1694929483765.png

Hopefully Collingwood will do the right thing and absolutely DESTROY the Orange Filth, and their smug captain who has the most punchable face on the planet, Manning brothers included.

(I am sure Mike Tyson would agree if the AFL media's darling was a guest on the ManningCast).

I don't really care who wins the other PF in Brisbane as long as Collingwood destroys them too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back