Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

what was most impressive yesterday was Reid didnt have the support of Yeo in the middle to take the heat off, all his other big games this year were in tandem with Yeo.
Plus this was against a couple of elite mids in Trac and Oliver, he ragged dolled both of them. Add that to Fyfe, Zach and hobbs as his victims this year (probably missed a few others but havent watched alot of eagles games).

Im so glad Finey's final siren is back! Really miss him on the Footyology podcast too, I think Eade has been a good foil for RoCo (Much better than Robert Shaw) but I miss the irreverence of Finey and RoCo together.
From a supporter whose club has drafted Walsh, Cripps, Weitering, Curnow and McKay??!! Wow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say Reid ran as far as Rankine did, but they wouldn't dare pay that.
I know I’m on your Board however just wanted to point out that Reid bounced the ball on quite a few occasions before attempting to kick that goal - that’s where Rankine went wrong as only bounced the ball once. So Reid and Rankine situations were not exactly the same for this reason.

There was a 3 minute stretch in this final quarter in which Butters displayed why he is fundamentally overrated.

First was the break from the ruck when he couldn't absorb the contact to get away a clean handball. The second happened what could not have been a few minutes later when on the half forward line, he took possession and again couldn't absorb the contact to get away a clean handball.

Good player. Should never be spoke of as the star pundits claim he is. The true stars are not stopped by moderate physical pressure.
I was under the impression that the media spoke of him more as a star captain than a star player.
I reckon Rozee is talked about more as a star player.

what was most impressive yesterday was Reid didnt have the support of Yeo in the middle to take the heat off, all his other big games this year were in tandem with Yeo.
Plus this was against a couple of elite mids in Trac and Oliver, he ragged dolled both of them. Add that to Fyfe, Zach and hobbs as his victims this year (probably missed a few others but havent watched alot of eagles games).
Hobbsy's laughing now. He's in elite company along with those four, having been fended off by Reid.

Seriously though, I'm more excited to watch Reid than I ever was to watch Chris Judd. Reid is already a beast.

I know I’m on your Board however just wanted to point out that Reid bounced the ball on quite a few occasions before attempting to kick that goal - that’s where Rankine went wrong as only bounced the ball once. So Reid and Rankine situations were not exactly the same for this reason.
Correct. Reid bounced it 3 times ..not same as Rankine.

As for Reid I have turned the channel to watch him play. Eagles won the lottery with this bloke

Yeah, I know the one you mean, but I'm talking about another one that was a centre break.

Hobbsy's laughing now. He's in elite company along with those four, having been fended off by Reid.

Seriously though, I'm more excited to watch Reid than I ever was to watch Chris Judd. Reid is already a beast.
I thought Peter Sumich had a decent point pre season about the media going into a frenzy over Reid not being good for the kid and it was highly unlikely he bursts on the scene like Judd - until I watched him play! There was one point in the Freo match where he was running through heavy congestion and the way he was twisting he was simply impossible to tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back