North Central Football League - 2012 and Beyond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, who are the superstars of the past 20 years, club by club... Not counting 1 season wonders)

I would say from my restricted knowledge
Donald: Cashin, Westerland, Funcke, Brooks, Morgan, Brooks, Baird, Ruyg and Wilkins
St Arnaud: Hando, Clohsy, Egan....
Charlton:
Birchip Watchem: Lee, Lee, St Clair....
Wyche: Jones, Bish, Bibby
Boort:
Wedderburn:
I am not good with names....

That goes back to the traveling north bit... How many Wyche blokes are travelling south to play footy? Wyche goes from the longest, or 2nd longest trip for its players, to by far the shortest trip

Id like to think we're a stronger league than the golden rivers, and if one of the 2 had to go, it'd be them. (don't bother mentioning interleague, as that hasn't been an accurate gauge of league strength for quite some time)

Wasn't there talk a few years ago of Wimmera being keen for Donald or St. Arnaud to join there ranks?

I also remember a while ago Beulah were thinking about coming over our way. If something like that was to happen you would wonder what would happen to the rest of the Mallee league, you might even get a Hopetoun or Woomelang knocking on the door if there was a disbanding up there.

If the NCFL was to split, you could see Wedderburn or Boort going to LVFL, Birchip and Wyche maybe heading north, Charlton who knows. Its not very nice to think of, but with population decline and whatever else you wonder if things might have to change sooner rather than later.

I would say from my restricted knowledge
Donald: Cashin, Westerland, Funcke, Brooks, Morgan, Brooks, Baird, Ruyg and Wilkins
St Arnaud: Hando, Clohesy, Egan.... Needs, Brearley, Wall, McLean, Drum?
Charlton: Andrews
Birchip Watchem: Lee, Lee, St Clair....
Wyche: Jones, Bish, Bibby, Coatsworth, O'Bree (how many seasons?)
Boort:
Wedderburn: Herdman (into year 2), Barnes, DeAraugo
I am not good with names....

Added a few

Wasn't there talk a few years ago of Wimmera being keen for Donald or St. Arnaud to join there ranks?

I also remember a while ago Beulah were thinking about coming over our way. If something like that was to happen you would wonder what would happen to the rest of the Mallee league, you might even get a Hopetoun or Woomelang knocking on the door if there was a disbanding up there.

If the NCFL was to split, you could see Wedderburn or Boort going to LVFL, Birchip and Wyche maybe heading north, Charlton who knows. Its not very nice to think of, but with population decline and whatever else you wonder if things might have to change sooner rather than later.

Yeah, but from what i remember, all the talk was coming from the Wimmera, pretty sure there was no interest coming from either NCFL club

Howdy all! A couple other blasts from the past who were more than handy. Dean Bennett and troy cahoon from birchip. Tony snake Graham wasnt too luved by the opposition but hell he could play and one of the best playing coaches I've seen!

I would have thought Wingnut gets plenty of his own footy...

In my opinion if the league is going to grow we need to look at Inglewood or Pyramid Hill. but I'm becoming a fan of the bye.
Wingnut is one of the best players to play NCFL. END of story. As for the problem of 7 sides I really dont think there is a solution to this. To "poach" a side from another league is full of problems, primarily any side close enough to join NCFL will have the same problems expierienced by existing clubs eg finance, geography and dwindling population. There is no quickfix to this just hope something that no one wants is forced down our throats by those who think they know better.

I would say from my restricted knowledge. This from an old fart
Donald: Darren Wood
St Arnaud: Chris Wall
Charlton: Andrews/Barker/Thommo
Birchip Watchem Rollo Burns/John Bond/Damian Melican
Wyche: Kieran Lourey/Coles/Mcnichol
Boort:Brian Livingstone
Wedderburn:Shane Ward/Graham Andrews/Allan Jackson

Good to see this thread come alive.KEEP POSTING

Great to see a revival

Donald V Charlton: Will be an interesting match, Charlton very hard hit by injuries apparently, dont know alot about Donald, but some of their results suggest they are competitive. Charlton by 14pts

Birchip V St. Arnaud: I reckon St.A midfield will have too much on Birchip, cant see them being troubled unless Birchip can stop McNamee, Motlop, Stewart etc. St. Arnaud by 42pts

Wyche V Boort: Boort havent fired a shot yet, you would think they might click sooner or later. Obviously Wyche midfield full of class, they are carrying a few injuries as well. Wyche by 30pts

and the burn to miss out on the 4pts this week

looking back over the last couple of years its great to have such an even competition this year in comparison! boort would give the st arnaud, birchips and charltons of the last 2 years a fair spanking! i think they will click sooner or later and provide some real competition to some teams who are not expecting it....wyche went down another tall defender which they can not afford and if easton, gooding and rhook can utilise their height maybe some stiff competition for the demons

I would say from my restricted knowledge. This from an old fart
Donald: Darren Wood
St Arnaud: Chris Wall
Charlton: Andrews/Barker/Thommo
Birchip Watchem Rollo Burns/John Bond/Damian Melican
Wyche: Kieran Lourey/Coles/Mcnichol
Boort:Brian Livingstone
Wedderburn:Shane Ward/Graham Andrews/Allan Jackson

Some great names in that List

Donald: Paul Morgan - kicked a truck load of goals, Glen Westerland
Wyche: Pretty much most of the blokes in their team in the 80s, 90s. Jake Bish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some great names in that List

Donald: Paul Morgan - kicked a truck load of goals, Glen Westerland
Wyche: Pretty much most of the blokes in their team in the 80s, 90s. Jake Bish.

There were a few legends in that era. Unfortunately I was either too young or busy chasing pies and mars bars, but from what I can gather,
Big Cas White was a hard man to stop.
Scooter Tully was handy enough in front of goal or a few short bursts through the middle.
Danny Arnold was always good down back.
Ed McNic was a gun right up until a few years back when he hung the boots up.
Jake, Al & Glenn Bish might not all be stars but very handy.
Danny 'advanced hair' O'Bree was very good for the 2 years he played at Demonland 'yeah yeah'.

looking back over the last couple of years its great to have such an even competition this year in comparison! boort would give the st arnaud, birchips and charltons of the last 2 years a fair spanking! i think they will click sooner or later and provide some real competition to some teams who are not expecting it....wyche went down another tall defender which they can not afford and if easton, gooding and rhook can utilise their height maybe some stiff competition for the demons

All 3 results show that boort were competitive in their games.. They were up at half time against the saints and winning at 3 quarter time both against the bulls and charlton.. A flogging this week would be a real disaster for them though!

I believe st arnaud had thunder premiership players Ryan smith & Aaron motlop played yesterday. How'd they go & did st arnaud get up..? J-Mac's obviously done a good job thus far, as expected, and got a nice write up in the AFL record last week.

Master O, What happened to Pettrie on the weekend??? addy tells me he got stretchered off.

Demons held the game all day, although Boort did make a late charge but wasnt enough to sneak over the line.

any news from around the grounds.

M4 see you blokes still recruiting, see you had 11 new players on saturday from last year, what has become of the 11 young locals you had playing last year, if they have dropped back to twos what has become of the 2nds players. Why i ask this is because i was talking to a bloke from St.A who told me while the improvement in the senior side has been welcomed,a few noses from last year may be out of joint. Just posing the question not trying to stir up any s**t.

From Saturdays results,m4s did B/W give it to your blokes physically? They came out against us with all guns blazing, it was a good hard game.Donalds win no surprise given Charltons injury woes, and theyre not a bad side.Poor old Boort still winless,truck were they at any stage threatening?

M4 see you blokes still recruiting, see you had 11 new players on saturday from last year, what has become of the 11 young locals you had playing last year, if they have dropped back to twos what has become of the 2nds players. Why i ask this is because i was talking to a bloke from St.A who told me while the improvement in the senior side has been welcomed,a few noses from last year may be out of joint. Just posing the question not trying to stir up any s**t.

Always going to get that sort of thing happen when you get an influx of recruits, sadly not everyone can get a game. Hopefully the blokes who are missing out on a game are doing the right thing, training, doing all the club things, cause I tell you what even though there might be a few missing out on a game every weekend I reckon you'd rather be around a winning club than one that is struggling to get a win.

Can remember a bloke in the LVFL a couple of years ago missed out on a spot in a reserves GF, the next year he worked his ass off and ended up playing in the next 2 senior gf teams.

Have we got an interleague squad from the NCFL??

Always going to get that sort of thing happen when you get an influx of recruits, sadly not everyone can get a game. Hopefully the blokes who are missing out on a game are doing the right thing, training, doing all the club things, cause I tell you what even though there might be a few missing out on a game every weekend I reckon you'd rather be around a winning club than one that is struggling to get a win.

Can remember a bloke in the LVFL a couple of years ago missed out on a spot in a reserves GF, the next year he worked his ass off and ended up playing in the next 2 senior gf teams.

Have we got an interleague squad from the NCFL??

Was in the bt a couple of weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back