North Central Football League - 2012 and Beyond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St. Arnaud beats Donald with a minute to go after trailing all day. Robin Letts reports that the last quarter went for 43 minutes, must be a record and sounds a bit suspicous. Donald unlucky to lose and bad luck for Charlton.

St. Arnaud beats Donald with a minute to go after trailing all day. Robin Letts reports that the last quarter went for 43 minutes, must be a record and sounds a bit suspicous. Donald unlucky to lose and bad luck for Charlton.

I'd heard on Fresh FM that there had been a stretcher? or something like that. 43 minutes for 4 goals 9 is a rather long quarter.

Any update from the Burners B&F count on Saturday night ?
Brady Herdman b/f and Robbie Tonkin runner up welldone by Robbie who shows what dedication and determination can do for you.Dont think anyone would have thought 4/5 years ago that he could ever become the player that he is, would be interested to see how others think of him but we reckon hes a ripper.

Sounds a bit like sour grapes you make your own luck. Do believe there was a couple of serious injuries at St. Arnaud sat both season ending so that will be a couple the saints will have to cover this week.Truck can u blokes get up Saturday ?Believe Mcnamee might be on the move ,heard a whisper could even be back to Dunolly if no one else wants him.

Sounds a bit like sour grapes you make your own luck. Do believe there was a couple of serious injuries at St. Arnaud sat both season ending so that will be a couple the saints will have to cover this week.Truck can u blokes get up Saturday ?Believe Mcnamee might be on the move ,heard a whisper could even be back to Dunolly if no one else wants him.

I thhink the boys have got their worst footy out of the way now. i heard mcnamee was on the move 3 or 4 weeks ago.... the deal with the AFL flying blokes down from NT is over apparently. Have also heard Needsy is staying with the Tigers.

The doyen of sports reporting has done it yet again with possibly one of the funniest columns hes written this year, under the guise of his squad of the year hilarious, he names his squad of the year then his top six contenders for the feeny medal only problem being 2 of his feeny hopes didnt get a birth in his squad of the year, Brady Herdman didnt make his squad at all,and he named macnamee as captain juddy and zach holmes as vcs but only named them on the bench.He managed to find in his 24 man squad 6 from Boort....havent laughed so much since last weeks mrs browns boys.

The doyen of sports reporting has done it yet again with possibly one of the funniest columns hes written this year, under the guise of his squad of the year hilarious, he names his squad of the year then his top six contenders for the feeny medal only problem being 2 of his feeny hopes didnt get a birth in his squad of the year, Brady Herdman didnt make his squad at all,and he named macnamee as captain juddy and zach holmes as vcs but only named them on the bench.He managed to find in his 24 man squad 6 from Boort....havent laughed so much since last weeks mrs browns boys.
For those of us who are a little further away, who, what where ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently cox and macnamee reappointed for next year so cant see too many changes on the coaching front for next year. Gees truck what happened?

Apparently cox and macnamee reappointed for next year so cant see too many changes on the coaching front for next year. Gees truck what happened?

I thought the boys played a good game was a bit of a turn around from a fortnight ago, was any ones game all day.

Any truth in the reappointment Rocko??? Surely Curls will give you a leave pass to break the news.

they were in the addy.. dont think there was any real big selection news... Although Gash was named in the middle and roo on the back flank. How many games has Gashy played this year??

Rumour Mills are running hot, mostly about the Burn tho.
Herdman & Barnes to Eaglehawk.
Then there was Herdman to take the Wheel with the redbacks next year.
Perry is a sure thing to Dunolly... thiink that was the word last year wasnt it?
Jenno and Bell from Donald are on the move.
and the Walklates back to Charlton with Az taking the big job there...

I'm sure there is 100 others floating around and prob another 100 to come.

they were in the addy.. dont think there was any real big selection news... Although Gash was named in the middle and roo on the back flank. How many games has Gashy played this year??

Rumour Mills are running hot, mostly about the Burn tho.
Herdman & Barnes to Eaglehawk.
Then there was Herdman to take the Wheel with the redbacks next year.
Perry is a sure thing to Dunolly... thiink that was the word last year wasnt it?
Jenno and Bell from Donald are on the move.
and the Walklates back to Charlton with Az taking the big job there...

I'm sure there is 100 others floating around and prob another 100 to come.
yeh truck rumour mill running hot could quote you some statements from a few redback players about offers made but no one is thinking past the next couple of weeks,however the big whisper is about one c. jones to kangaroo flat, any comment? as far as the redback coaching position,gashy could coach until he wants to quit,is a bloke of the highest quality with an unique ability to connect with people and if you heard him speak at the best & fairest night you would understand the high regard he is held in, as far as your other rumours what will be will be but most blokes here arent about playing for money, they play because they enjoy being at the club and the enjoyment of playing with their mates an d if they wish to stay they know what sort of environment they will be most welcome at.

yeh truck rumour mill running hot could quote you some statements from a few redback players about offers made but no one is thinking past the next couple of weeks,however the big whisper is about one c. jones to kangaroo flat, any comment? as far as the redback coaching position,gashy could coach until he wants to quit,is a bloke of the highest quality with an unique ability to connect with people and if you heard him speak at the best & fairest night you would understand the high regard he is held in, as far as your other rumours what will be will be but most blokes here arent about playing for money, they play because they enjoy being at the club and the enjoyment of playing with their mates an d if they wish to stay they know what sort of environment they will be most welcome at.

Obviously didnt read the demons den in the recorder Wingnut wont be heading off any time soon. similar to your blokes he enjoys the culture at the club.

Obviously didnt read the demons den in the recorder Wingnut wont be heading off any time soon. similar to your blokes he enjoys the culture at the club.
Did read Demons Den actually, absolute pissa, some of the best jokes I’ve heard for a long time, Bill sure can spin a yarn.
So this week St Arnaud V's Birchip,
Who is everyone getting on?
From what I saw of Birchip on the weekend I don’t think they will be able to handle the saints.
Couple of reasons:
1) If your leading goal kicker for the year (Foot) is playing in the guts for the majority of the day and not kicking a goal then you'll struggle to kick a winning score.
2) Hallam is a freak, but doesn't have the cattle to go with him, Koopsy looked injured for most of the day, battled on manfully, Carland was handy, but the rest were pretty average.
3) Coghlan will be too quick for Hall, as will McNamee if he decides to take him. In a one on one contest Hall might hold his own but as soon as the ball starts coming in on the lead I think he will be shot. As everyone saw on Saturday as soon as Barnes got on the lead he was to quick and had to good of hands for Hall. Both McNamee and Coghlan have got solid sets of dukes on them so I cannot see Hall being able to keep them under control. Expect 12 goals between the two.
For Birchip to win:
Pretty much go the biff, going to have to upset the younger St Arnaud players with a strong physical presence, Holmes, Noonan, Hall, Hallam and Foot are going to have to play an aggressive game style that puts the young saints off their game. As we know Foot has the ability to get under opponents skin, this could be a ploy he may use against the dominant 5 of McNamee, Baldwin, Motlop, Petrie and Coghlan to upset their performances, but I honestly don't think he (Foot) has the brain capacity to use his niggle to his advantage, often the thought of retaliation is to enticing for him and results in numerous free kicks against and sometimes yellow cards. This could quiet easily be the case on Saturday as he was warned on several occasions last week with a yellow card but did not stop his aggressive and often over the top tactics. Don't be surprised in the heat of battle if Foot oversteps the line and spoils the Bulls chance of a grand final birth.

My tip St Arnaud by 26 points. Should be a tight contest until half time but cream will rise and St Arnaud will get the chocolates.

Did read Demons Den actually, absolute pissa, some of the best jokes I’ve heard for a long time, Bill sure can spin a yarn.
So this week St Arnaud V's Birchip,
Who is everyone getting on?
From what I saw of Birchip on the weekend I don’t think they will be able to handle the saints.
Couple of reasons:
1) If your leading goal kicker for the year (Foot) is playing in the guts for the majority of the day and not kicking a goal then you'll struggle to kick a winning score.
2) Hallam is a freak, but doesn't have the cattle to go with him, Koopsy looked injured for most of the day, battled on manfully, Carland was handy, but the rest were pretty average.
3) Coghlan will be too quick for Hall, as will McNamee if he decides to take him. In a one on one contest Hall might hold his own but as soon as the ball starts coming in on the lead I think he will be shot. As everyone saw on Saturday as soon as Barnes got on the lead he was to quick and had to good of hands for Hall. Both McNamee and Coghlan have got solid sets of dukes on them so I cannot see Hall being able to keep them under control. Expect 12 goals between the two.
For Birchip to win:
Pretty much go the biff, going to have to upset the younger St Arnaud players with a strong physical presence, Holmes, Noonan, Hall, Hallam and Foot are going to have to play an aggressive game style that puts the young saints off their game. As we know Foot has the ability to get under opponents skin, this could be a ploy he may use against the dominant 5 of McNamee, Baldwin, Motlop, Petrie and Coghlan to upset their performances, but I honestly don't think he (Foot) has the brain capacity to use his niggle to his advantage, often the thought of retaliation is to enticing for him and results in numerous free kicks against and sometimes yellow cards. This could quiet easily be the case on Saturday as he was warned on several occasions last week with a yellow card but did not stop his aggressive and often over the top tactics. Don't be surprised in the heat of battle if Foot oversteps the line and spoils the Bulls chance of a grand final birth.

My tip St Arnaud by 26 points. Should be a tight contest until half time but cream will rise and St Arnaud will get the chocolates.

Im with the King on this one... Saints leg speed to again be a telling factor.

Interesting to note Tyler's stats this year, last time he played in the league (sporting pulse says '09) he kicked 97 and this year he has only bagged 27, with 4 his biggest bag. i think for the bulls to roll the saints JT is gonna have to find some vintage form and share the load left to Messer while Foot is further up the ground.

T

Interesting to note Tyler's stats this year, last time he played in the league (sporting pulse says '09) he kicked 97 and this year he has only bagged 27, with 4 his biggest bag. i think for the bulls to roll the saints JT is gonna have to find some vintage form and share the load left to Messer while Foot is further up the ground.

The stint that JT had at Tooleytang has really done him no good in terms of his footy. He had to play out of position there as they already had Arentz at Full Forward. I still can't work out why he went there

Do you reckon he ever had any vintage form truck? Always been of the opinion hes pretty soft. Doesnt like it too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back