2nds Northern Blues 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tone set early. Again we didn't have a CFC listed mid playing today. Again, ridiculous that this could be the case.
Casey started off with what was a gale and the ball spent 95% of the time in their forward half.

The score won't show it to be the case, but the guys' endeavour was terrific.
Clearly undersized, under-skilled and under-represented by CFC players, the guys gave their all.

Schumacher played through the middle in the first half at leas and even though stats won't show this, his work-rate and endeavour was terrific.
TDK clunked a few marks but his leap at stoppages has to be tuned. It's just out of sync with where the ball is.
Macreadie again spending a lot of time on the bench. Still not up to match fitness being the likely reason.
They couldn't get Garlett into the action. trie him, back, forward, around the middle of the ground, but to no effect.

Casey simply too polished and they really know their ground and the conditions there.

or this colourful performer

hqdefault.jpg

I see pg1 of thread Wilson, Graham and Kerridge didn’t play, only Wilson noted as “injured”. If that’s the case our midfield was gutted.

Surely if both NG and Kedge held back there must be a few doubtful for tomorrow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun fact. The City of Casey has the same population as Hobart and Launceston... Combined.

Yeah....That's so much fun....
Have you any more fun forthcoming for this evening? :)
Just kidding gandaal

I like Shuey and his boot.
Three games in a row now and something different each time.
Had my doubts on this pick, but am seeing some light. He's really got something going for him.

Had my doubts on this pick, but am seeing some light. He's really got something going for him.

If we can get some late gold coming through all the better for the recruiting team. Hopefully more on the horizon and even some rookies making the grade.

Did you see an inside midfielder with Schuey? Are you seeing any similar traits to Willo (apart from the left peg)? Reckon he could tear it up as a midfielder on some glimpses of his quick thinking/hands/movement in traffic last season.

If we can get some late gold coming through all the better for the recruiting team. Hopefully more on the horizon and even some rookies making the grade.

Did you see an inside midfielder with Schuey? Are you seeing any similar traits to Willo (apart from the left peg)? Reckon he could tear it up as a midfielder on some glimpses of his quick thinking/hands/movement in traffic last season.

I couldn't hang around and only saw the first half, but saw enough.
Can't read enough from two quarters to say he's a chance of making a midfielder, but there were signs, weren't there?

Provides good pressure, reads the fall of the ball and can find a way to get boot to ball, in tight. Long way to go, but he has something.

Yeah....That's so much fun....
Have you any more fun forthcoming for this evening? :)
Just kidding gandaal

People bitch about Tassie not getting a afl team, and then complain because Frankston or Casey have a VFL team when in 5 years Casey will have a bigger population than the entire state of Tasmania.

I find it all a bit strange.

Back on topic, Schumacher and TDK were both left field selections, but they both have something about them. I'm not sure there's a spot for Schumacher in our future team, but at least he's putting his best foot forward. Deserves a go in the seniors before our season ends.

I like Schumacher and have watched him closely over the season. I don’t think he has similar traits to Williamson, as Williamson is more of a running bouncing defender pushing up to the wing. I would say Schumacher has similar traits to Grant Birchall in that he looks like an underatted stopper/interceptor in the back half and a playmaker via foot from the back half.

I know what Harker means when he says Schumacher doesn’t weight his kicks correctly. The difference with Birchall, is Birchall seems certain in what he’s doing and is quick to make decisions, whereas Schumacher seems a bit slow and indecisive in making up he’s mind, hence the ball goes over the head of the shorter option and falls short of the longer option (as though he’s not sure whether he should go the short or long option)

I like Schumacher and have watched him closely over the season. I don’t think he has similar traits to Williamson, as Williamson is more of a running bouncing defender pushing up to the wing. I would say Schumacher has similar traits to Grant Birchall in that he looks like an underatted stopper/interceptor in the back half and a playmaker via foot from the back half.

I know what Harker means when he says Schumacher doesn’t weight his kicks correctly. The difference with Birchall, is Birchall seems certain in what he’s doing and is quick to make decisions, whereas Schumacher seems a bit slow and indecisive in making up he’s mind, hence the ball goes over the head of the shorter option and falls short of the longer option (as though he’s not sure whether he should go the short or long option)

It's going to sound like I'm making this up, but Grant Birchall is the name that came to mind watching Schumacher last week. Not this week as he was playing midfield. Birchall is a few centimetres taller but they're similar types.

Be very pleased should Schumacher get to that standard, but what I like about him, is that he won't die for lack of trying. Good on him.

Some very ordinary numbers in those stats. Credit to Kerr for having 4 shots on goal on a day when opportunities were obviously fairly limited.

Milham & TDK totally dominated the hitouts, but it would appear Casey don't have much in the way of ruck stocks.

The NB had a total of 245 disposals only. These are the type of numbers that would have been the norm in the '70s & '80s, but not now. Total domination by Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back