2nds Northern Blues 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Your plan relies on Jack being used in midfield.

Not entirely.

McKay, TDK and Silvagni forward, with Dow, Fisher, Lang and Gibbons.

Casboult supports Jones in defence (If Weitering is unavailable and matchups are required).

Kennedy comes out for Cuningham for additional speed at Marvel.

It is an inexperienced forward line, though. Jack being able to get 15-20 touches as a 3rd tall is huge.

Not entirely.

McKay, TDK and Silvagni forward, with Dow, Fisher, Lang and Gibbons.

Casboult supports Jones in defence (If Weitering is unavailable and matchups are required).

Kennedy comes out for Cuningham for additional speed at Marvel.

It is an inexperienced forward line, though. Jack being able to get 15-20 touches as a 3rd tall is huge.
Ah yup, drew a blank on Goddard.

trFbHMJ.png

FtaNe8h.png

Wow can we haves some more of that umpire please o_O
tough call but looked like he dragged it in for mine - grey area being the carlton player may have helped him by pushing it under him..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tough call but looked like he dragged it in for mine - grey area being the carlton player may have helped him by pushing it under him..........
Very tough call especially given how unlikely it normally is that an umpire will actually use his/her whistle in the last 5 minutes of a close game we got away with one there .

Very tough call especially given how unlikely it normally is that an umpire will actually use his/her whistle in the last 5 minutes of a close game we got away with one there .
Yea even with the context of the game.
Was a wet scrappy affair with Alot of moments like that and none of them being pinged, only the really obvious calls were made for it that day

reckon it's nothing but consistent quality courageous officiating.............

....and I'll keep on banging on about it.....if we trade everything of value to jag a Papley or a Martin, along with a Darcy Cameron or Dan Butler etc etc, I would be more than happy if we rookie listed these two....big bodied and give more depth in our midfield....a few talented 21yo's.

It looks like Frank the Tank is being groomed as a run-with....may be a successor to Eduardo over the next few years.

View attachment 709734

....and I'll keep on banging on about it.....if we trade everything of value to jag a Papley or a Martin, along with a Darcy Cameron or Dan Butler etc etc, I would be more than happy if we rookie listed these two....big bodied and give more depth in our midfield....a few talented 21yo's.

It looks like Frank the Tank is being groomed as a run-with....may be a successor to Eduardo over the next few years.
Agreed. First game back for the tank, good numbers.

Not sure if peoples are aware of this, but Phil Cleary did a pre season with Carlton back in the late 70's.
I was training with the U19's at the time and played in a practice match before an intraclub match that he was playing in. I was surprised he didn't make the final cut, but thought if he can't make it, I got no chance.
Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back