2nds Northern Blues 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, J.Palmer has fallen off a cliff this year..

How was Frank Anderson’s performance today?
While he's strong at breaking tackles and likes to kick long and run in straight lines, I'm yet to see him do a power of work as an inside mid.

He's only had one game with over 20 disposals to date this season. I don't think he'll be getting drafted unless he has a massive month.

If tdk is being groomed as our next ruckman, why on earth are both lobbe and phillips rucking ahead of him. 45 hit outs between them and 13 for tdk. Drop one of them and play tdk as 2nd ruck.
Carlton listed players can't be dropped from the NB's team....they're given preference over NB listed players regardless.
Dem's the rules.

If tdk is being groomed as our next ruckman, why on earth are both lobbe and phillips rucking ahead of him. 45 hit outs between them and 13 for tdk. Drop one of them and play tdk as 2nd ruck.

The NB / Carlton tie up on past history would suggest it doesnt really work in terms of what you are referring to. Unfortunately we do not have our own VFL side that can be used purely as a vehicle to support the seniors. Should scrap the affiliation and go for our own ressies side outright. Then you would have full control

Carlton listed players can't be dropped from the NB's team....they're given preference over NB listed players regardless.
Dem's the rules.
So every Carlton listed player that's not injured has to play? That sucks if it's the case. Would rather have lobbe not play out the year and tdk get some extra experience. Not likely lobbe will be on the list next year.

The NB / Carlton tie up on past history would suggest it doesnt really work in terms of what you are referring to. Unfortunately we do not have our own VFL side that can be used purely as a vehicle to support the seniors. Should scrap the affiliation and go for our own ressies side outright. Then you would have full control
We absolutely should have a standalone vfl team. Honestly can't believe we still don't. I don't understand how that affects lobbe and phillips rucking ahead of tdk though. They're all Carlton players. Who does Fraser work for?

I don't know what they are doing with TDK. These are wasted development games. He's not getting much time forward and he's not getting much time in the ruck. Seems to be riding the pine a lot.

The setup with Phillips and Lobbe is ****ed.

So every Carlton listed player that's not injured has to play? That sucks if it's the case. Would rather have lobbe not play out the year and tdk get some extra experience. Not likely lobbe will be on the list next year.
Yep, they sure do. Sometimes players are 'managed' though, which may suggest a degree of team balance, but Carlton listed players get priority.

I heard an interview with Josh Fraser earlier this year, and he was saying it's a difficult thing to tell an NB listed player he's been dropped although he may be in good form, because there are Carlton listed players coming back from injury.

NB listed players have feeder clubs they go and play for if they're dropped, Carlton listed players don't.

I don't know what they are doing with TDK. These are wasted development games. He's not getting much time forward and he's not getting much time in the ruck. Seems to be riding the pine a lot.

The setup with Phillips and Lobbe is f’ed.

It's actually Russell's fault.

Usually one of Lobbe or Phillips is unavailable for selection, which makes team balance much more ideal.

But this ****ing high performance guy has kept them both healthy all season.

It's actually Russell's fault.

Usually one of Lobbe or Phillips is unavailable for selection, which makes team balance much more ideal.

But this ******* high performance guy has kept them both healthy all season.

True dat. Usually feast or famine on available rucks but we’re having a good run this year.

Flip & Lobbe should rotate off the bench in tandem & TDK can play forward, especially at the moment with the shortage of CFC KPP’s in the NB’s.

Just out of interest, what happened to K.Collins?

True dat. Usually feast or famine on available rucks but we’re having a good run this year.

Flip & Lobbe should rotate off the bench in tandem & TDK can play forward, especially at the moment with the shortage of CFC KPP’s in the NB’s.

Just out of interest, what happened to K.Collins?

I read/heard shoulder issues. Has barely played this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the end imo it's a pretty poor way of managing a player he was in clear need of a week or 2 off and a block of games in the reserves long before now .
But instead it seems by Teague comments the MC have over ruled the medical staff and had him playing to supposedly add experience to our forwardline .
Seems pretty entitled to me especially as he will most likely walk back into the senior side in a week or 2 and we certainly haven't missed his mediocre contributions .

Ex-Blue now at the Crows said there were some seriously raised eyebrows at Lygon Street regarding the way he presented on arrival, both in fitness and attitude. At the time I dismissed it as sour grapes...

We absolutely should have a standalone vfl team. Honestly can't believe we still don't. I don't understand how that affects lobbe and phillips rucking ahead of tdk though. They're all Carlton players. Who does Fraser work for?

NBs are a stand alone team. The Northern side of the alignment doesn't exist anymore, Carlton has full control. Alignment in name only. It's the Carlton 2s.

TDK Not rucking much is annoying. Could quite easily leave one or both of Phillips/Lobbe in the forward line.

Could Fasolo make a mid if he was to get himself properly fit? I guess that is the big question, could he get himself properly fit.

Ex-Blue now at the Crows said there were some seriously raised eyebrows at Lygon Street regarding the way he presented on arrival, both in fitness and attitude. At the time I dismissed it as sour grapes...

If true, then it is interesting to try to interpret DT's staunch defence of MM. He has been unequivocally positive .

The setup with Phillips and Lobbe is f’ed.
Yeah it is, but remember TDK probably hasn`t got his fitness base up to scratch yet after missing so many games with the knee injury he got in the vfl practice match against the tiggers back in March, and I would imagine that the club are easing him back into rucking again.........perhaps they should just play him up forward for now. Hopefully he comes back into the seniors for one of the last games.........

Gb7qr1y.png

VWaYzNh.png

VFLTeamJuly25%20%281%29.jpg

Live streamed on the VFL website ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back