Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone on this board play footy in melbourne and have a team struggling for numbers? i'm back in melbourne in august so might be late to play this year (although i'm keen to) but next year i'd be down. Weighing up playing with the old school mates or giving something new a go

edit: PM me

anyone on this board play footy in melbourne and have a team struggling for numbers? i'm back in melbourne in august so might be late to play this year (although i'm keen to) but next year i'd be down. Weighing up playing with the old school mates or giving something new a go

edit: PM me

I know you said PM but I'm lazy - we usually end up short of a full side by the end of the year so if you want a game for a terrible side late in the season give us a yell.

I know you said PM but I'm lazy - we usually end up short of a full side by the end of the year so if you want a game for a terrible side late in the season give us a yell.
cheers, will do

Er... where is that? Benefit of the doubt and say a typo?

On the profile of the Dan Lonergan parody account.

Edit : It's gone, it appears evoking your username has had the desired effect. :p

Am I the only one (dogwatch ) who's noticed how often Vlad makes no apology for things. I dare say he makes no apology for making no apologies and probably finds the scrutiny offensive

Am I the only one (dogwatch ) who's noticed how often Vlad makes no apology for things. I dare say he makes no apology for making no apologies and probably finds the scrutiny offensive
You might have noticed he's not alone. He could be working from the 21st century Leadership Handbook:
Apologies are considered a sign of weakness.
Admit to nothing.
The blowtorch is fine as long as it's on someone else.
Look after the powerful and influential; the rest will follow.
Manage the spin and everything else will fall into place.
I have a sneaky feeling we'll look back on Vlad's reign with fondness in the future. Things could have been a lot worse... and may yet be.

You might have noticed he's not alone. He could be working from the 21st century Leadership Handbook:
Apologies are considered a sign of weakness.
Admit to nothing.
Talk in clichès
State that you are offended when asked an awkward/uncomfortable question
The blowtorch is fine as long as it's on someone else.
Look after the powerful and influential; the rest will follow.
Manage the spin and everything else will fall into place.
I have a sneaky feeling we'll look back on Vlad's reign with fondness in the future. Things could have been a lot worse... and may yet be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A new multimillion-dollar proposal to redevelop North Ballarat’s showgrounds precinct has rekindled the prospect of AFL games at Eureka Stadium.

As the state opposition planned on Tuesday to unveil the $20 million-$30 million scheme around the stadium once mooted as a second home for North Melbourne and Cricket Victoria, it has emerged that the AFL has also earmarked Victoria’s western corridor as holding a pivotal place in its game development, potentially involving the Western Bulldogs, who remain without a second home-fixture stronghold.

While the Kangaroos on Monday night reaffirmed their interest in playing home-and-away games at Eureka Stadium, it is understood there has also been a push for the Western Bulldogs to target Ballarat and its surrounds as part of that club's efforts to extend its boundaries.

It has been estimated that a total of $80 million would be required to develop the precinct and transform Eureka Stadium into an AFL venue with a 15,000-spectator capacity.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/new-proposal-for-afl-games-in-ballarat-20140407-zqry3.html#ixzz2yCPLapBU

That sounds interesting...
How would our brethren and sistren feel about the Dogs playing in Ballarat? Honestly I don't see it happening but it is an interesting what if.
I do however find it ironic that we are getting asked to team up with NORF I thought they didn't share??

Last edited:
I was more interested in Adelaide wanting a Good Friday match instead (I knew a big club would hijack the idea, and Adelaide are a big club despite being outside of Victoria folks).

As for me, the checklist for this weekend....

- Flights Booked...CHECK
- Accommodation Booked...CHECK (remember to print out confirmation E-Mail to check in)
- Leave from work...CHECK (at the stage of having to take leave as opposed to saving it)
- Tickets for Game...CHECK (done 20 minutes ago, good to know there's no reserve seating in the outer so I'll try to get either next to or behind our cheersquad)
- Marathon Gear for Sunday...Almost Check, need to purchase new Zinc cream and sunglasses and wash the running gear. I have a Doggies training jumper that I'll be wearing. For those on the course on Sunday Morning, watch for Bib Number 840.
- Warm Clothing...Not quite Check, new jumper would be nice
- Plan for Monday...CHECK at this stage, War Memorial in the morning, Parliament House in the afternoon the aim.

A few stats so far.

We are the most accurate team in the AFL so far this year kicking for goal.
Unfortunately our opponents have been equally as accurate when we've played them.
We've had the second least amount of shots at goal in the AFL this year.
We have the worst 3rd quarter percentage in the AFL this year.

We are still yet to win a 3rd quarter this year.
We are still yet to win a 4th quarter this year.
Obviously this means we are yet to win a second half this year.

We've still missed so many sitters though that really hurt us and that needs to be fixed, stringers set shots have gotten so bad lately.

We are still yet to win a 3rd quarter this year.
We are still yet to win a 4th quarter this year.
Obviously this means we are yet to win a second half this year.
When you compare the breaks we've got compared to our opposition that's not overly surprising.

We've still missed so many sitters though that really hurt us and that needs to be fixed, stringers set shots have gotten so bad lately.

It's unlikely that'll we'll improve from here. The average conversion rate is about 54% and we're sitting around 64% so I'd expect us to miss an extra 10% of shots on goals from here on in. Good news is that statistically speaking our opposition should miss an extra 10% of shots too.

I'm surprised about the accuracy stat. Some of our misses from close range have been painful. Maybe we have had a lot of shots from close range which skews it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back