Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I've posted here but nevertheless very pumped for tonight, got ripper seats this year. I was just wondering whether the bulldogs faithful still gather to get in a big huddle to sing the song if we happen to get up? Last year it was behind the goals at opposite end to the Footscray end.

Not a single mention of our win on the front page of the Age. Collingwood's win, Essendon's loss, Daisy Thomas, Swans win, Demons win. In that order. Get stuffed Age. Credit to the Herald Sun (rarely give them credit for anything) we're at least near the top on there.

Not a single mention of our win on the front page of the Age. Collingwood's win, Essendon's loss, Daisy Thomas, Swans win, Demons win. In that order. Get stuffed Age. Credit to the Herald Sun (rarely give them credit for anything) we're at least near the top on there.
Meh, the footy watching public know what they saw and liked it. Commentary team gave us a fair rap all night and 360 will love us this week. Those dinosaurs will be worn down over the next 10 years (if they still exist then).

Jake Stringer paying $81 for the Coleman... I know I shouldn't but it's bloody tempting. :oops:
Is someone going to upload his next set of 10 goals on youtube now? 31-40 we've waited all summer :p

Wasn't sure where to put this

Coaches votes

Western Bulldogs vs West Coast
10 Jeremy McGovern (WCE)
5 Jamie Cripps (WCE)
5 Jake Stringer (WB)
4 Matthew Boyd (WB)
4 Will Minson (WB)
1 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
1 Mitch Wallis (WB)

Coaches votes

10 Jeremy McGovern (WCE)
5 Jamie Cripps (WCE)
5 Jake Stringer (WB)
4 Matthew Boyd (WB)
4 Will Minson (WB)
1 Mitch Wallis (WB)
All the commentators were talking about was how good NicNat was playing.. interesting that Minson got the votes ;)

On another topic.. anybody watching the 30 minute thriller? Its last years game verse Richmond. How much different does our team look to that game.. WOW

Coaches votes

10 Jeremy McGovern (WCE)
5 Jamie Cripps (WCE)
5 Jake Stringer (WB)
4 Matthew Boyd (WB)
4 Will Minson (WB)
1 Mitch Wallis (WB)
All the commentators were talking about was how good NicNat was playing.. interesting that Minson got the votes ;)

On another topic.. anybody watching the 30 minute thriller? Its last years game verse Richmond. How much different does our team look to that game.. WOW

Coaches votes

10 Jeremy McGovern (WCE)
5 Jamie Cripps (WCE)
5 Jake Stringer (WB)
4 Matthew Boyd (WB)
4 Will Minson (WB)
1 Mitch Wallis (WB)
What's a little interesting about the breakdown of those votes is Bev didn't give 2 of Boyd, Minson, The Bont and Wallis a single vote. Can only guess as to which way he saw it. Boyd or Minson and Wallis or Bont. No argument with the winner I thought and hope we're talking to his agent.

Coaches votes

10 Jeremy McGovern (WCE)
5 Jamie Cripps (WCE)
5 Jake Stringer (WB)
4 Matthew Boyd (WB)
4 Will Minson (WB)
1 Mitch Wallis (WB)
Interesting, looks like Stringer and Cripps got 2s and 3s while Minson and Boyd got a 4 each. Wonder which coach rated Minsons game?

Interesting, looks like Stringer and Cripps got 2s and 3s while Minson and Boyd got a 4 each. Wonder which coach rated Minsons game?

my guess of Bevs votes
5 - McGovern
4 - Moyd
3 - Stringer
2 - Cripps
1 - Wallis

I know Simpson was not happy with Lycett so he could have give Minson votes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the win to start the season, but seriously tough month coming up. Richmond, hawthorn, adelaide and Sydney. All of whom I expect to play finals.

What are our expectations from this group of games?? Will we be deflated if we can't pinch at least one win???

I think we are in with a serious crack at Richmond.

We will know more about the Crows come Round 4, who knows if they were as good as they looked on Sunday or if North were truly awful. Potential to pinch an upset in this one, if everything goes right.

I don't think we can go into Hawthorn or Sydney with expectations of anything more than being competitive and hopefully not getting blown out of the water. But who knows, maybe we come up against a complacent Sydney on an off day at the SCG and we get them.

0.000001% chance of beating Hawthorn unless they lose half their team this weekend to injury.

Love the win to start the season, but seriously tough month coming up. Richmond, hawthorn, adelaide and Sydney. All of whom I expect to play finals.

What are our expectations from this group of games?? Will we be deflated if we can't pinch at least one win???
5 and 0.
Sorry I think Mick Malthouse hacked my account.

Tough month of footy. I reckon if we could pinch just 1 win that'd be above expectations. 2 and I'd be absolutely stoked. Par? Probably no blow outs, 4 competitive games playing to our new style, with improvement in certain areas every week.

Tough month of footy. I reckon if we could pinch just 1 win that'd be above expectations. 2 and I'd be absolutely stoked. Par? Probably no blow outs, 4 competitive games playing to our new style, with improvement in certain areas every week.

I think 1 is par. Richmond are very beatable.

I'd say something like
30% chance against Richmond
2.5% Hawthorn/Sydney
10% Adelaide

Meaning that I reckon it's more likely we'll go 0-4 than pinch a game, but we still could.

Hey Fossie 32. On the back of my supercoach team post that had 1954 in it, I had to mention that my round 1 dismal score was 1997. Hopefully that is some sort of omen in itself!
Definitely! Last time I filled my car up it took 61.54 litres :eek:

If we pinch one it sets us up very well. Will probably enter the bye 4-6 or 5-5 and things are easier after that (no big run against contenders). Will be hard, but hopefully we can cause a surprise or two the next 4 games! Go Dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back