Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I was trying to work out which teams would play on which days in round 23 and I noticed that currently the top 9 teams play the bottom 9 teams in round 23.
So I wonder who will be stuck with the Sunday matches if it is still like that at the end of round 22.
Do they usually put the top teams on the earliest spot even if it is going to be a blow-out or will they put the teams competing for the final few spots on the good times?
Guess I won't be able to plan that weekend until much later in the season.

Today I was trying to work out which teams would play on which days in round 23 and I noticed that currently the top 9 teams play the bottom 9 teams in round 23.
So I wonder who will be stuck with the Sunday matches if it is still like that at the end of round 22.
Do they usually put the top teams on the earliest spot even if it is going to be a blow-out or will they put the teams competing for the final few spots on the good times?
Guess I won't be able to plan that weekend until much later in the season.

First thing they look at who is going to be playing on the Friday night in week 1 of the finals and work from there. The top team usually gets Friday night in week 1. The Sunday final is usually 4v8 or 6v7. Which of those matches are going to be on the Sunday in week one, those teams will probably play on the Sunday in Round 23.

Does anyone miss Everitt now that he has become a decent player? He's like a better Jarrad Grant. Works hard defensively, leads, tackles well, and kicks goals (clutch ones too).

Does anyone miss Everitt now that he has become a decent player? He's like a better Jarrad Grant. Works hard defensively, leads, tackles well, and kicks goals (clutch ones too).
Happy for him, was easily one of Carlton's best players under Malthouse, although obviously in the latter part of Mick's tenure admittedly he was one of few players still trying under Mick.

Rough article. At least Tom Boyd isn't the only kid getting panned by the media.
Not really - just commenting on his game using statistical justification and giving a background. Getting panned for off-field and on-field reasons are completely different things.

For the sake of balance, and because of the Rising Star I can't believe that the mainstream media didn't jump on the fact that Bontempelli had a much better start than the year than nearly everyone realised. (And if I had access to the same stats that Journos did, I could use stats to justify the points I made in bold, like they did in this Taylor article) But considering how the media treated Bontempelli and saying how he shouldn't win the Rising Star last year, I actually can believe it. (The media ran with the line that Taylor playing 22 games was somehow more important than Bonts' 16. But wouldn't it be logical to compare them game-to-game? For each player's best 16 games, Bontempelli was head and shoulders above Taylor's, including the matchwinning GOTY. Taylor's 6 worst games were so average that he hardly improved his team whether he was paying or not. Shouldn't really be considered signficant to vote for him in comparison to Bontempelli's lack of games).

It's not the subject matter, just some of the language. That last sentence made it sound like Lewy was single handedly running (no pun intended) the club into the ground.

It's not the subject matter, just some of the language. That last sentence made it sound like Lewy was single handedly running (no pun intended) the club into the ground.
Yeah very harsh on a second year player, the headline down in the other news section was "Who is manning Lewis Taylor, no one cares" haha, not that I disagree with the content but a little harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick question, I'm assuming this weekends game isn't fully ticketed and we can just get a ticket at the gate?

I like how the tigers have "roared into top 4 calculations" according to the herald sun......at 7-5. No mention of the dogs quietly chipping away with the same record.

They have just beaten pFreo in Perth and the Swans though. We just scraped in against the Saints and took over a half to shake Bris.

Happy to watch the tiggers get their hopes up though to enjoy the schadenfreude later.

So the Mrs and I have won this competition....

Inner Sanctum.JPG

Inner Sanctum (2).JPG

Does anyone have any frickin idea what this will actually encompass?

Obviously it's a coaches breakfast, but what does that mean exactly? Will players be there? Would it be Bevo addressing his line coaches? Bevo and the line coaches addressing the 30 winners?

Have no idea! :drunk:

Does anyone have any frickin idea what this will actually encompass?

Obviously it's a coaches breakfast, but what does that mean exactly? Will players be there? Would it be Bevo addressing his line coaches? Bevo and the line coaches addressing the 30 winners?

Have no idea! :drunk:
THIS!

tumblr_lkj34ibIbt1qzzptno1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back