Remove this Banner Ad

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
With the EFL Season completed, I thought it might be time to talk AFL (and other things), and at the moment the GF.
I love the way the Pies are playing, really hard at it. As a follower of another AFL team I'm finding it hard to support them. I also like the way the Eagles are playing. They have some great players I love watching.
I don't really care, all I want is a great game
I'm picking the Pies, but only because it's supposed to be a very cold day, which I think will suit the Pies more than the Eagles.
Sidebottom for the NS. He always seems to perform best in the big games, even though I think he will be heavily tagged.

Bring on the Spring Carnival Cliffy, great weekend of Racing.
Group 1s Friday, Saturday & Sunday & then to HQs for a look at the new stand next Saturday & the great mare.

Get the best footy info & a lot of recruiting is completed on track.

Had a shocker last weekend with the tigers going out as well!!
Spring racing for me . Annually a couple of great country meets I can’t wait to get up to

Need a unbiased opinion - moving to inner Melbourne (south Yarra/Prahran area) but want to have a crack at EFL div 1 footy. What are some of the better clubs - competitive on field, good bunch of fellas off. Cheers in advance

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Need a unbiased opinion - moving to inner Melbourne (south Yarra/Prahran area) but want to have a crack at EFL div 1 footy. What are some of the better clubs - competitive on field, good bunch of fellas off. Cheers in advance

Doncaster = closest for you & the nicest blokes in the competition if we are all honest.
Have played finals in all 3 years since arriving in Division 1, now Premier League & will be thereabouts in 2019.

SOLD!!

Doncaster = closest for you & the nicest blokes in the competition if we are all honest.
Have played finals in all 3 years since arriving in Division 1, now Premier League & will be thereabouts in 2019.

SOLD!!

Thanks mate, my only prior knowledge of the league was Vermont are successful and a bloke I know played for Norwood so much appreciated

Thanks mate, my only prior knowledge of the league was Vermont are successful and a bloke I know played for Norwood so much appreciated

Guessing you are moving down from the country. Doncaster has a large population of country guys on the list & had a large influx in 2018.
If you need any information flick me a message. All the best.

& Norwood haven't beaten us since we came up 3 years ago. ;)

Balwyn might be a bit closer (actually, it’d be a fair bit closer), but Doncaster is likely to be a bit more “clubby” due to a (presumably) higher ratio of juniors on their senior list.
Everywhere else is going to be a geographical pain to get to for training at 5:30-6 if you’re leaving from Prahran.

Todays Local Leader says 45 teams confirmed for 2019 (North Croy / Mt Lily coming into new 4th div)

Does that mean all 5 divisions will only have a final 4 ?

Murton has resigned. Interestingly has chosen to go before the implementation of the new restructure next year. Any thoughts on the changes he has overseen in his time at the helm?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the new structure from the premier division is exciting & a fairer draw is great. Originally wasn't sold but am now a convert.
Not sure what the lower divisions think. Probably more to do with timing when we came up, but certainly listened to our concerns.

From a personal perspective Phil has been great when I have had meetings with him over various issues & has genuinely tried to help where applicable. Wish him well into the future.

Not happy about the new club coming in being called the Rams. East Burwood has been the Rams for nearly 50 years. We chose it because no other club in the competition had that name. I'm pretty sure our club supporters will convey that message to Croydon North-Mount Lilydale Old Collegians when we play them. Though with a with a name like Croydon North-Mount Lilydale Old Collegians I can see why they want a short name for the team, just don't use ours!

Mike Sheahan wants a best of three Grand Final series to narrow the disadvantage of non-Victorian teams.
I'm all for it in fact it shouldn't be a best of 3. It should be a 3 match series like a Test Cricket series.

Aw Come on, isn't anyone interested in an extra 2 GF holidays?
Mike Sheahan wants a best of three Grand Final series to narrow the disadvantage of non-Victorian teams.
I'm all for it in fact it shouldn't be a best of 3. It should be a 3 match series like a Test Cricket series.
Have u forgotten to take your medication again cliff!! No from me

Congratulations to Roger O'Brien the National winner of the Service to Sport award for 2018 for his contribution to the Croydon Football Club since 1948.
What an achievement from one of the hardest men to have played in the EFL.
Nobody from the opposition could spend any time, any where near Roger without suffering a terrible headache.

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything from club level & as with Crusey after the 'league euphoria' of last years win the decision does appear strange.

Would have needed another new coach this year, while in the process of making important executive decisions. A major disappointment would have been the last minute 'drop outs' in 2018, & I wonder if it is just all too hard.

Important year for the EFL with the restructure, so focus on our own?
Walk out on top? Just organise an annual clash with the VAFA into the future?
Who knows, but it is suprising there has been no internal announcement.

I heard this from a friend who heard it from his friend who heard it from another friend, It's because of money.
I have no idea if this is true. Do the players in rep teams get paid?
If you assume they do, how much would it be, is it some set figure (how would that be calculated) or do they get paid according to their club payment.
How much would it cost to put a rep team on the park?
Anyone have any ideas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back