Number Plates

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't really seen any funny ones to be honest PerthCrow, although I always wanted to own one with FARQ 2 :p
Dunno if they'd pass that at the Transport office though.

Too expensive to have private plates in Tassie now, apparently it's about $150 to get them, and you have to pay for them yearly every time you register your car. So basically add $100+ to your rego every year - bit costly unless you're loaded. :(

I saw PATATA on a red celica a couple of years ago.... (it's Maltese for 'willy' or 'bits'...like a kids word)

re: UB6NIB9, Which country has 7 digits on their plates and allows numbers and letters like that? The US?

On an Echo around the house from me is the plate EchoEcho. Haven't seen any amusing one's in ages. I hate seeing them in my rearview mirror though because I tend to get distracted trying to read them backwards :p.

PeteLX said:
I saw PATATA on a red celica a couple of years ago.... (it's Maltese for 'willy' or 'bits'...like a kids word)

re: UB6NIB9, Which country has 7 digits on their plates and allows numbers and letters like that? The US?
I dare say you could get that on private plates in WA - if they didn't get it (the standard WA plate has 7 characters already).

There is (used to be?) a Falcon that drove around Perth with the numberplate "MILLENIUM". Nerdy, but it brought a smile to the face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOUTHERN TIGER said:
Haven't really seen any funny ones to be honest PerthCrow, although I always wanted to own one with FARQ 2 :p
Dunno if they'd pass that at the Transport office though.

Too expensive to have private plates in Tassie now, apparently it's about $150 to get them, and you have to pay for them yearly every time you register your car. So basically add $100+ to your rego every year - bit costly unless you're loaded. :(

Yeah I wondered why there werent many around but tthat does explain why, same sort of deal in S.A too.

PeteLX said:

Apologies must have had No letter N - UB6IB9

Rave Slave said:
Apologies must have had No letter N - UB6IB9

Stop making things up and keep the story straight.

FWIW, 7 digits are available (or certainly were 4 years ago) on SA plates. They just cost more.

Docker_Brat said:
Stop making things up and keep the story straight.

FWIW, 7 digits are available (or certainly were 4 years ago) on SA plates. They just cost more.

Why would I make up a number plate, thats just poor. I thought it was the one i originally stated involving the letter N - if not then it didn't have the letter N but was similar.

Twas genuine - believe me or rot in hell, I couldn't care either way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back